“Fantastic Hotel and fabulous Spa - we will definitely be back!”

Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushton
UK
“Fantastic Hotel and fabulous Spa - we will definitely be back!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed two nights in a stateroom on a dinner, bed and breakfast package, and really enjoyed our spa break at this stunning Hotel. On arrival, we were really impressed by the beautiful building and the grounds outside. Inside, we were also impressed with the stunning 'Grand Room' and courtyard of the Hotel. Our stateroom was large and luxurious, with a lovely bathroom and overlooked the lake and gardens. The Spa was fabulous! The pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna were all immaculately clean and well laid out. We didn't have any treatments, but we will do next time we visit! The Hotel staff were all very friendly and approachable - nothing was too much trouble. In the restaurant, the service was first class, and again, the staff were extremely nice. The breakfast and dinner was excellent - the only disappointment was that it was the same Table d'Hote menu on both nights of our stay - it would have been nice to have had a different menu choice on the second night. Apart from that, we couldn't fault this Hotel and highly recommend it for a luxurious leisure break. Well done to the staff and management of Rushton Hall - this is an extremely well run and stunning Hotel. Thanks for an enjoyable stay.! :-)

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of garden and lakes
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
valhNorthamptonshire, Owner at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Your lovely comments are very important to myself and the Staff at Rushton Hall and I thank you for writing this review.

I note your feedback regarding the Table d'Hote menu and we will work on this to give a better offering for guests staying more than one night.

Valerie Hazelton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
London
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed here after purchasing a good deal on Groupon.

Rushton Hall
Very pretty house, but not much to do other than the spa, the bar and the restaurant. I think that 1 night is enough.

Spa
We used only the pool and hot tub. Both were very nice and relaxing. Changing rooms were clean and staff was nice.

Rooms
The walls are paper thin and we could hear people walking outside our room. The weather that day was perfect, blue sky and cool, but the room was still very warm. The windows are super small and don't allow for enough ventilation. I would think twice about visiting in the summer, unless they provide portable air conditioning units.

Restaurant
We ate breakfast and dinner and found both to be a pleasant experience. Our dinner was fabulous and there was a nice selection of food on the breakfast menu.

Bar
Service is good, but prices are very expensive. Because there isn't much to do, we ended up spending a lot of money for not many drinks at the bar.

Room Tip: Be mindful of the time of year...as the rooms are not air conditioned and windows are super small
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tiffrush
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review.

Should you decide to visit again, the County of Northamptonshire is well known for the amazing stately homes and buildings to visit: Althorp House, Deene Park, Rockingham Castle, The Triangular Lodge, Boughton House, Kirby Hall, Lyveden New Bield to name a few and they are all within easy access of Rushton Hall. The beautiful market towns of Uppingham and Market Harborough are also within easy reach. All details are available at Reception.

Rushton Hall itself is Grade I Listed and therefore air conditioning is not an option on some of the rooms, although all the bedrooms in the Stableyard Spa are air conditioned. We do offer fans in the rooms in the main house and will look for alternatives in the future.

I thank you very much for your comments and hope you will visit Rushton Hall again.

Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Iam doing this review with sadness.I have had some lovely days at rh and I was a spa member to.I have taken friends family work friends to.but all this changed with one phone call from the owner mrs v h.calling me a liar after she had hear that not for the first time I had told hotel guests about terrible meals that my self and my guests had had .she did not check her facts first.myself and a guest were both served chicken that was raw in the middle.there were other issues with the meal to.then for my birthday this year a terrible meal.dirty glasses on the table terrible service but worse was to come.In the desert a large date stone my guest near chocked .thank god a child hadnt eaten it.and he didnt break a tooth.I can give rh their name an addresss if I had been asked.I did complain and asked for mrs h to conntact me.I heard nothing.so when she called me at my homeI I thought at last she was calling to put the matter right.Idid not think that for the above I would have my spa membership cancelled but she did .she also charged me for the next 3mth to come .yet in feb this year I was asked for my spa membership money .paying over a four figure sum then on checking it wasnt due till oct this year .I received no call from mrs h to say sorry or an offer of returning my money .intrest on that money going to rh.all my friends and people who I did take to rh say they are shocked and they will not be returning to rh or spa.I haved stayed and travelled all over the world and never been treated this way for bad service to me .I do not want a reply to this review as I think it should be a personel reply .on talking to my guests who had been with me on the above all said that if we had been offered meals for the above to put it right and for rh to give the kind of service they should give that would have been fine .there have been other issues with other things at rh but I will wait and see how the above is delt with .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank cleopatra437
valhNorthamptonshire, Owner at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that after 3 years as a Spa Member we had to take the difficult decision to stop your membership with 3 months notice.

This decision was not taken lightly and followed a large number of customer complaints who expressed their dissatisfaction with the way you acted at the Spa. We mentioned the issue to yourself on many occasions but unfortunately this made no difference.

This is the first ever time we had to reach this conclusion with a Spa Member.

Kind regards

UK
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I do enjoy staying in 5star hotels so when I was given a groupon break at rush don hall I was pleased. I did however upgrade my 2night stay to the 4poster deluxe room which is spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is also very nice. It is such ashame that the finer details are overlooked. For example no pens or paper in the room even though there are two writing desks. It would have been nice to have a pencil at least.
During our visit we went to the spa - as I didn't know what to expect I took the shampoo from the room. As it happens didn't need as the spa was perfect ... As good as Ragdale hall ect but a much smaller scale. I left the cosmetics therefore but when I come to shower in the evening noticed the maid had not replenished. I assume this is policy opposed to forgetfulness.
The restaurant is very nice although a little over priced. It would have been nice if the menu changed daily especially as only a few selections .... So we dined out on the second evening. We were also disappointed that we wernt allowed to have a Pre dinner drink in the lounge as we were "booked for 7.45pm and it's nearly that time now" oh well the quality and good staff in the restaurant made up for that hic up!
Our views were really nice with windows looking over the river from one aspect and pleasant courtyard from another.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank ProbablyDirector
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do supply a pencil and a notepad in each room and I apologise if this was not in your room.

We will look into the offering in the evening for guests staying more than one night and I thank you for pointing this out.

I am sorry if you were not able to have a drink before entering the Restaurant. On busy nights, we are not always able to delay tables and I would always recommend that guests come down 15 to 30 minutes before booking time to enjoy a drink in the Great Hall. Once again, I apologise if we were not able to accommodate you on the day.

I thank you for your review.

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Just returned from a 1 night spa package stay at Rushton Hall and could not be more pleased. I arranged this for a suprise for my wife's 50th birthday and wanted to be a "blow me away" night- Rushton Hall proved the right choice. Admittedly I went to the THE top package with THE top room and was not disapointed. Have ing read T A prevouisly I also asked them to make sure we had a room with a garden and/or lake view. Thanks guys - that proved to be GREAT advice!

From entering the long drive off the road the main building comes into view and immediately my wife gasped with the sight of the beautiful building. And the gasps continued!. We parked easily and were met at reception by a charming member of staff called Tom who, after checking us in, showed up to the OAK bedchamber no less. When he opened the door even I couldn't beleive the size of the room-HUMUNGOS- with 2 large bay windows overlooing the garden and lake. You couldn not quite see each other from 1 end to the other (okay slight exageration!) with a lovely 4 poster bed, lounge suite, and the standard flat screen TV. Tom then showed us through the door, down some stairs to a HUGE bathroom, with large walk-in double shower AND another FLAT SCREEN "mirror" TV . The room was perfect and my wife was "blown away". WE had booked a package to include a massage on day one and facial day 2 with Dinner and Breakfast. We had a quick tour of the hotel and grounds (almost everywhere we went Tom seemd to be around to guide us!) and then had the massages in the lovely modern Spa linked to hotel. They were great and we then made use of the pool for an hour before we reurned to the room before dinner.
Dinner was SUPERB although we did choose to switch from the "inclusive menu" to the al a carte for the extra costs as there was more on there we preferred. Glad we did as per the pics. Tom was there again to guide us to our table and the head waiter, Nathan, even wishe my wife a happy birthday (nice touch!). Service was exemplary and very attentive. All teh food was lovely and I ended witha fabulous cheese plate.
Breakfast the next day was just as good with quality fresh tasting food.
We packed and went for our facials (something I never have had before!) and it was very enjoyable. All the Spa staff were very professional.

I can only Ms Hazeltion and all her staff especially Tom who works so hard with a permenant smile and including, Rebecca and Kyrie who I had emailed in advance.

Thank you guys, I have enough "brownie points" to last a lifetime.
I would HIGHLY recommend Ruston Hall for this type of special visit and guys, go the "whole hog" your missus will LOVE it !.

Room Tip: Book the best and a garden or lake view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Murray L
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The Oak Bedchamber is an amazing room and I realise how important it was for you to have a perfect stay.

I thank you for your lovely comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of your visit at Rushton Hall again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have just returned from an overnight stay Sun/Mon13th/14th Aug.
We used a voucher which made the stay affordable. We went for peace and relaxation and that is exactly what we got on this occasion. The Hall and grounds are quite lovely with plenty of places to wander about.
The spa is small but as you have the outside area and solarium area it never seemed overcrowded. It has a very peaceful air about it and other guests were great at not invading your interpersonal space with mindless chatter. It truly felt like an oasis. I loved the outdoor jacuzzi. Although it wasn't in the prettiest area, not many people used it on this occasion so I was able to stay for as long as I wanted. Some body lotion in the ladies changing room would have been a nice additional touch.
Our room was called Dovecote and was gorgeous with an apple tree directly outside our room window. We had a discreet box with tea making facilities which is such a welcome touch after a long drive. The bathroom was gorgeous. All in all very luxurious.
All of the staff were polite, helpful, charming.
No, the food and drink isn't cheap as is noted in other reviews but it was a treat worth paying for. There were a couple of points which could be improved: Sugar cubes are served with no tongs or spoons - for hygiene reasons alone I'm surprised that this is allowed by Health and safety inspectors. The waiting staff do not ask if you are ready for your second courses of food. Twice they brought ours before we had finished our starters - they then offered to keep it under a heat lamp to keep it warm (There were cold leaves on my dinner plate so that wasn't really very satisfactory). I like to have some time between my courses and at both dinner and breakfast I felt as if I was being forced to eat in a refectory with food served to suit the kitcen and not at my pace. I wasn't paying cheaply so I expected to be consulted or the staff at least trained to know when to deliver my food.
For the prices being charged at dinner there was no flexiblity in ordering - you either had to have the set menu or the a la carte, the choices couldn't be mixed. This is pretty unreasonable really, especially at the last dinner sitting. Tea was unremarkable, sandwiches are not refreshed and if you need more that the 3 fingers of sandwich allowed you have to pay for them. The 3 fingers do not add up to one full sandwich! No offer of hot water or additonal tea is offered as happens at other hotels offering this service. The champagne was warm. It was a very busy Sunday and it felt as if there wasn't enough staff to cope with the rush at lunch/tea which was a shame.
Notwithstanding my comments on the food service I still think that this is a lovely place to go for a peaceful stress-free break and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: If planning to use the spa facilities ask for rooms on that floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danilewis
valhNorthamptonshire, Owner at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. It appears you had a mixed experience with us, particularly in the Restaurant. I will make sure that each point mentioned is looked into.

I am delighted to hear you overall did enjoy your stay with us.

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My partner and I booked two nights stay as we were attending the 2011 Jaguar Drivers Club National Day nearby. Four other couples from the Jaguar Club also booked rooms. The grounds of the hotel are impressive and the hotel is a magnificent spectacle as one drives in. Our friends and ourselves arrived in seven classic MK10 Jaguars - a rare sight to behold . We were too early to check in to our rooms (check-in was from 3pm) and so we all drove to the overflow car parking area away from the main building. We parked the cars and proceeded to get two picnic tables and some chairs out of the cars, as well as champagne and wine to enjoy in the sun whilst waiting for our rooms to be ready. Without warning, a car roared up to our group and a lady jumped out of the car, demanding to "know what was going on". It transpired (unbelievably) that the lady in question , Valerie, was the owner of the hotel! In broken English (we discovered she was from France) she told us we had five minutes to pack everything away. I assumed she had not realised that we were in fact booked into the hotel but that did not appear to make any difference to her attitude. She said that she had no objection to us having our drinks in our rooms but NOT in the overflow car park. As the rooms were not ready, this would have proved difficult! We were not causing any problems whatsoever, in fact other guests were enthralled by the impressive line-up of Jaguar cars and had taken photographs. I always assume that. when one is staying in a hotel, the facilities and grounds are there to be enjoyed, which is what we were doing. We are made to feel as if we were travellers to be evicted. Bearing in mind the cost of a double room is £170 per night and five of us had booked rooms, we feel that the lady owner in question has rather an odd business ethic as we shall never, ever stay there again and we did, in fact, cancel our second night there.

Some of our group attempted to order Afternoon Tea in the hotel, which was advertised as a selection of sandwiches, cakes, scones, etc.. However, they were informed that sandwiches were not available as staff were busy catering for a wedding! Hardly what one expects from a hotel of this supposed calibre.

I also heard other guests complaining that their rooms were not ready by the allotted time.

Turning to the bedrooms, the light in our bathroom above the sink did not work, there was no extractor fan or window in the bathroom and the bedroom was unbelievably hot.

In favour of the hotel, the staff were polite and the building itself is magnificent.

Room Tip: If it is summer and laible to be hot, try and get a room where the sun will not directly shine throu...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Francesca R
valhNorthamptonshire, Owner at Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to paint a different picture. 14 people in a car park with a large amount of empty bottles of Champagne and wine. I did not happen to go through the car park, I came following a customer complaint. A lady, her elderly mother and 2 young children visited for afternoon tea. They decided to park in the bottom car park as there were no spaces left near the hotel. The lady felt intimidated by a large group of adults clearly having been drinking and decided it was not safe to park there. She came back to the Hotel and asked to speak to me. I decided to come and talk to the guests on my own as I did not want to blow the matter out of proportion. I simply asked for all alcohol to be put away. I do not feel my request was unreasonable particularly as this is in our terms and conditions and at all points I remained polite even when the trip advisor reviewer started insulting me, calling me scum amongst other terms. I take great exception to the mention of my nationality. After over 20 years in England I certainly do not think that I speak in "broken english" and the fact that I am french is not relevant to the matter. I believe I remained professional throughout the intimidating ordeal . I would also like to add that the rest of the party were extremely polite and understanding. I simply wanted the drinks to be put away (and indeed I suggested they could have them in their room if they wished, this all happened around 4pm and therefore check in was possible at this time) . I never meant to offend anyone and this is why I visited on my own, I just wanted the matter to be closed without making it an issue. I am sorry it did not turn out this way.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth
The Three Swans Hotel
The Three Swans Hotel
#1 of 5 in Market Harborough

Been to Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!