“"New start"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rushton
Homefield Grange Retreat
London, United Kingdom
“"New start"”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My stay at Homefield Grange was very pleasant. I attended 7 day detox in September. The staff is really friendly and understanding. My room was very comfortable (especially bed) and clean. I recharged my batteries and I'm looking forward to coming back.

1 Thank Marta S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, quiet location, health advise and beauty,health treatments. I enjoyed my stay and felt a lot better both physically and mentally afterwards.
The addition of a spa this year will make it even better.

1 Thank Samantha K
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went on the ultimate 7 day, i think 5 days is probably enough as the weekend is just a repeat of the week. Staff and clients were just so lovley, i went on my own and felt welcome and no pressure to do all what was planned you can just chill or you can exercise, The juices and the food i was very sceptical of but all were really tasty and very filling! i would recommend anyone to have the live blood tests, that is just amazing to see what is really going on in there. Education was a big part as well and i thought i knew a lot...i knew nothing!! I would return in a heartbeat. Location is lovely for walks and just peace and quiet, massages and treatments are sublime and even the colonics were strangley nice. For a person health issues this was the best thing i have done instead of waiting for my specialist appointment...so now i am 2 months ahead on the right road to recovery...Don't look...book!!

Room Tip: Ask for the new building as you wont hear the front door slamming.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Feeling sluggish and out of sorts and not being able to loose those few pounds that have been hanging around for a while, I looked around for a detox break. I have done a couple before, both abroad, one quite good, one not so good. So this time thought I would stay on home turf. After some research and reading all the reviews on this site I chose a 7 day fast and detox package. It is hard to think of superlatives that haven't been used already, but it is an amazing place. Luxurious, peaceful, caring, knowledgeable and more. I came away fired up and ready to take on the world and so pleased that I had lost that bloated feeling that had seemed to be with me for ages.

You can take as much or as little as you want, join in or not, the choice is yours. Do not worry about going on your own, you are with like minded people and barriers are soon lifted.

Everything that has been said before is true and Homefield Grange certainly deserves a 5* rating, a truly professional, caring and knowledgeable team. I shall certainly return.

2 Thank Hythehopper
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I attended a 7 day retreat at Homefield Grange in July this year, whilst visiting England from Australia. The retreat itself is based in an old manor house, which was very welcoming. My lovely spacious room with ensuite and large LCD TV was located in a new wing and the swipe cards at various doors make the whole place very secure.
The retreat is located in a very peaceful and quiet pocket of the charming village of Rushton, surrounded by gently rolling countryside, which I became familiar with on our wonderful morning "Nordic" walks with Hans.
Commencing with Zoe in the office, I was most impressed with the staff and the sincere commitment they bring to their treatments and lectures. The nutritional therapist Judy was particularly outstanding in this regard and extremely well informed. All the staff were friendly and obliging making it a warm and lovely atmosphere. The other attendees on the Retreat, mostly Brits, were a great bunch of people too, and so the whole experience for me is one that I will never forget.
Morning activities start with a Fit for Life exercise class at a very reasonable 8.30am, after breakfast at 8. After this, there is Nordic walking followed by a rest period or treatments. In the evening, there are yoga or pilates classes. These classes are included in the price - but there is no sense of compulsion to attend. Everything is very relaxed and unregimented. At any other times, one can exercise on the gym equipment, or use the far infra red sauna.
Some treatments are included in the price, others you pay for. However at no time did I feel pressured to book any extra treatments or to buy products. Two treatments which I would thoroughly recommend to anyone are the comprehensive live blood analysis as well as the intolerance testing. One of my fellow attendees also looked amazing after each of his 2 reiki sessions, so that's something I will have to look into!
After 7 days, I came away feeling fabulous, with increased energy and skin glowing. During my stay, I opted for the juice and soup diet, which was rewarded with a loss of nearly 7 lbs in weight and 3 inches around the belly.
So THANKYOU & ALL THE BEST Judy, Hans, Suzanne, Claire, Emma, Hayley, Zoe, kitchen staff and the various fitness, yoga and pilates trainers for your kindness and commitment.
And also for the recipes which were emailed to me at home afterwards. Hans, you'll be glad to know that I recently made the kale crisps and they were a sensation at my book club !

- Margaret K, Port Sorell, TASMANIA, AUSTRALIA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been visiting Homegrange for several years now - I treat myself to two or three visits a year and it really is a treat. The whole ambience of the place is relaxed, peaceful and happy. You could choose to be a recluse in one of the beautiful rooms or enjoy the countryside or indulge in treatments or even work out in the gym and have a sauna. You have so much choice and no time to get bored. In fact, the reason I go is to simply relax, destress, SLEEP and lose some weight and I feel so much healthier when I leave. I do the weekend retreats because I have small children which gives me a kickstart when I need one. The 5 day and intensive days are very popular and everyone I've met who leaves with me on the Sunday is overjoyed at their results. Its very informative, educational and EVERYONE who works there is a gem. I highly recommend it. It really is a place for a bit of Me-time.

Room Tip: Book early. They are all nice but the new wing is the more plush.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HFG_Retreat, Owner at Homefield Grange Retreat, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Hi Lisa, We are so glad that you enjoy your visits to Homefield, we certainly enjoy looking after you! Even if you can only spare a couple of nights from your busy life the benefits are life changing. We look forward to your next visit. Yours in health from the Homefield Team xx
Leicester
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Judy used the expression that most people are 'over-fed and under nourished' and
Homefield aims to 'Over-nourish and under-feed'. They do this, extremely well.

Staff were lovely, professional, supportive and gave 'space'. The bunch I was there with were all great, like minded. It was a lovely, nurturing week for the body and soul.

Treatments great, ambience great, food great (love the Raw Food Demo).....Yummy!

Did I feel hungry? Yes for one day

Did I feel rubbishy? Yes for a while (the tongue is a great sign of detox and the evidence of how crappy food choices affect health were evident).

Would I recommend? Yes wholeheartedly.

Thank You - Homefield Grange.

Keep an open mind, treat and invest in yourself, you won't regret it. Contact me via the links below if you want to know more/ask questions.

Mandy E Ward (author of Cassy Kindly and the Naughty Christmas Fairies) @cassykindly

Room Tip: Poppy is a nice room - it will overlook the garden and be at the back of the pool once it's comp...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushton
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Hampton by Hilton Corby
Kettering Park Hotel and Spa
Barton Hall Hotel
Barton Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Barton Seagrave
Holiday Inn Express Kettering

Been to Homefield Grange Retreat? Share your experiences!