“Tropical atmosphere”
Review of El Molino Blanco

El Molino Blanco
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For more than 500 years one of the staple foods of the Canary Islands has been a milled flour known as gofio, ground in windmills that at one time peppered the islands. Few working mills now remain. For Don Felipe, the man who first established the restaurant in the 1990s, the windmill of El Molino Blanco represented the traditions of his homeland. Today it reminds us of a fundamental food still prevalent in the Canary Islands and represents our commitment to preserving the best of Canarian traditional cuisine combined with the finest ingredients and years of culinary know-how to provide a unique and unforgettable dining experience. Choose from our inside dining room set within a traditional covered courtyard adorned with curios from Tenerife's rural heritage intertwined with rich foliage, or on our garden terrace with its scented flowers and lush tropical plantings. If it's a special occasion, why not book our intimate gazebo table set within the garden which gives you additional privacy in a rustically romantic setting. From the moment you set foot in El Molino Blanco we want to ensure you enjoy the very best food, service and entertainment so that you go home from your Tenerife holiday with precious memories to last a lifetime, or at least until you return to share your time with us again. "Through excellence in food, service, ambience and entertainment, to provide a feast for all the senses and a memorable dining experience customers will want to repeat"
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tropical atmosphere”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Simply divine, hostess like stifflers 'mom' and beautiful waitress. Felt like I entered a secret garden when night fell. I ordered a prawn cocktail for starters (cold crisp and very refreshing) Seabass for main, delicious. Excellent service. Top notch restuarant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank d0mski

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food in a beautiful setting!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a week in Costa Adeje where we were celebrating my Mum's 60th. We were really struggling to find somewhere that seemed special enough to have her birthday dinner, when someone recommended El Molino. We couldn't have been happier, it's a beautiful restaurant in an incredible setting that would be just as nice for a romantic dinner for two. Mum as the birthday girl got thoroughly spoilt with roses, happy birthday from the evenings singer (who was actually really good!) and a candle-topped tiramisu, so worth mentioning when you book if you are celebrating a big occasion. As for the food, it was flawless. We had a variety of tapas to start and then our mains consisted of my salt baked sea bass (delicious and filleted beautifully in front of us!), my husbands roast suckling pig and both my parents enjoyed two different pork dishes. The staff and manager also deserve a huge mention as they were very helpful and friendly. My parents return to Adeje every year and I'm confident they will be returning.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank georgina_dalby
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very good,food could be slighly better..”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went in seeing the glowing reviews here on TripAdvisor.Food was great,the atmosphere of the restaurant was absolutely fantastic.Staff friendly,nothing too much trouble.Bit pricey,but worth to visit once.

1 Thank Kathkitty784
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“We love it!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Visiting El Molino Blanco is one of the highlights of our holiday to Tenerife and has been for the past 4 - 5 years to celebrate my daughters exam results, my retirement and other significant family events. I have seen some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor and do actually wonder which restaurant some of these people have been to. (I have checked the photograph and it is the same one!). Clearly any review of any hotel or restaurant will be subjective so all I can reflect on is personal experience. The ambiance is excellent, the service polite, prompt and unobtrusive, the food is outstanding and the entertainment good. I can perhaps understand why it would not be considered a 'family friendly' restaurant - I'm sure they try to be more 'sophisticated' and when I go to a restaurant like this I would not want young children to be shouting and bawling! we didn't take our daughters there until they were 15-16. We'll be back next year!!!

1 Thank Simmo5810
“To repeat”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Quality food was well presented,magigo environment,very friendly staff,local setuado in quit,which has a green garden,live music.saf return