“Evening meal”

El Molino Blanco
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For more than 500 years one of the staple foods of the Canary Islands has been a milled flour known as gofio, ground in windmills that at one time peppered the islands. Few working mills now remain. For Don Felipe, the man who first established the restaurant in the 1990s, the windmill of El Molino Blanco represented the traditions of his homeland. Today it reminds us of a fundamental food still prevalent in the Canary Islands and represents our commitment to preserving the best of Canarian traditional cuisine combined with the finest ingredients and years of culinary know-how to provide a unique and unforgettable dining experience. Choose from our inside dining room set within a traditional covered courtyard adorned with curios from Tenerife's rural heritage intertwined with rich foliage, or on our garden terrace with its scented flowers and lush tropical plantings. If it's a special occasion, why not book our intimate gazebo table set within the garden which gives you additional privacy in a rustically romantic setting. From the moment you set foot in El Molino Blanco we want to ensure you enjoy the very best food, service and entertainment so that you go home from your Tenerife holiday with precious memories to last a lifetime, or at least until you return to share your time with us again. "Through excellence in food, service, ambience and entertainment, to provide a feast for all the senses and a memorable dining experience customers will want to repeat"
Reviewed June 3, 2013

this is our second visit to molino blanco and we found the experience a night to remember the food was cooked to perfection I am sure we will be back on our next visit

1  Thank Andrew G

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went here for a lunch time tapas and wine, I thought the options were very good, although slightly over priced, whilst the staff were very pleasant, and helpful. I think it was one of those places where you can say you have been too, but are not certain when you are likely to go back

Molino B, Owner at El Molino Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent visit to Molino Blanco. We offer a 20% discount when dining with us in the daytime. Were you not given this discount? Please contact us via our email from this web-site as I would like to know if this was so.

Yours R.Weightman

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife, daughter (resident) and I had our evening meal at El Molino Blanco on Monday, 20th May 2013. We have probably dined at this fabulous venue over a dozen times in the past and each time has been a "night to remember". Unfortunately on this occasion there were very few customers indeed - the reason, according our our excellent waiter, Francisco, "It is a Monday evening" I don't think that is a reasonable explanation, this being in the tourist season. What we also missed was the presence of a host - I know we have moved on but we sorely missed Felipe who was a good friend from "Banana Garden" days and went out of his way to gave us (and I sure others) a great welcome. The menu was much the same as we always had so no great change in that at the moment. Freddie, the entertainer did his best but had limited scope. Poor chap had to keep coming to us for requests!! We got "New York, New York" etc but he did not know "My Lady in Red" which your wonderful man on the keyboard rendered beautifully - what a performer he is! Now the violinist is excellent too - is it something by Tosti that he plays? BUT the violin was much too amplified and lost all the tone and his accordionist could not be heard. They are artists of the first order and we have heard them before. The main item of course is the food and this was very good indeed, if a little pricey but if one comes to this sort of establishment with a table for the evening and entertainment (sorry the Singing Chef has moved on) then this is to be expected. The ambiance of the place is unbeatable in this elevated district but I hesitate to recommend it wholeheartedly as we have always raved about the place in the past. I don't think that the lack of clients on this occasion can be laid at your door as I am sure you would prefer the place to be full.Thank you though for what we did get which sent us home reasonably happy but with that tinge of disappointment

1  Thank amazedDarwen

Dear Sir,

With regards to your recent visit, I would just like to clarify some things for you. The reason that Molino is quietest on Mondays is because most people are not aware that the live music is available every night now against five nights a week last year and Molino was in fact closed on Mondays. May and June are, and have all ways been, the quietest two months of the year, typically a time for maintenance and staff holidays.

The restaurant has only recently changed hands and is now reforming, and reassessing all departments with the goal of making every aspect of the dining experience to be a memorable one.

I am personally sorry that you felt disappointed in any way, but as you say, things do change. I hope that I will only make things better for all of our past and future guests.

Your Sincerely

R.Weightman

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have visited here many times over the years and the standard is always good but with regard to value for money it has dropped off a bit .
The atmosphere is excellent and so is the service as is the food but its either us becoming more fussy or the fact that some of the other places we have dined at have improved their standards I'm not sure but as an example we had bread rolls as a starter then a steak and a dessert ( mixed sample) and 2 beers each and a bottle of wine vino de sol ( not an expensive wine) and it came to over a 100 euros , yet when we went to thai botanic we had thai steaks and similar food and drinks and it came to 75 euros . WE enjoyed both but preffered thai botanic for value for money.
Other people may disagree with us but thats my views

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent visit to Molino Blanco. Your opinions are very important to us however I feel it only fair to point out some differences between Thai Botanico and Molino Blanco regarding value for money. Firstly, Molino Blanco employs live musicians, three acts every single day where Thai Botanico employs an ipod. You cannot expect the price of Molino to be the same and still have the many extras that Molino offers and provides, i.e. fresh roses for the ladies every day, birthday treats to all those dining with us on their special day. Molino Blanco also has extensive gardens to maintain which our customers enjoy all year. Thai Botanico is in a commercial center.

All though Thai Botanico is a fantastic restaurant and one of my personal favourites, they are completely different venues. One is a very good restaurant and the other a restaurant/music venue/spectacle with an area for dancing and people do get up and dance every night. We only want our guests to have an excellent time and we try very hard to make that happen and all of our future customers will soon be able to enjoy the revised menu which is not only more extensive and varied but will actually be cheaper. We hope that you feel more safisfied on your next visit.

Yours faithfully
R.Weightman

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I called in for tapas and a glass of wine at lunchtime with friends, been meaning to visit for ages, it was a great afternoon. The staff were friendly, the service, food and wine were excellent, cannot wait to go back.