“Good but not as good as before”
Review of El Molino Blanco

El Molino Blanco
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For more than 500 years one of the staple foods of the Canary Islands has been a milled flour known as gofio, ground in windmills that at one time peppered the islands. Few working mills now remain. For Don Felipe, the man who first established the restaurant in the 1990s, the windmill of El Molino Blanco represented the traditions of his homeland. Today it reminds us of a fundamental food still prevalent in the Canary Islands and represents our commitment to preserving the best of Canarian traditional cuisine combined with the finest ingredients and years of culinary know-how to provide a unique and unforgettable dining experience. Choose from our inside dining room set within a traditional covered courtyard adorned with curios from Tenerife's rural heritage intertwined with rich foliage, or on our garden terrace with its scented flowers and lush tropical plantings. If it's a special occasion, why not book our intimate gazebo table set within the garden which gives you additional privacy in a rustically romantic setting. From the moment you set foot in El Molino Blanco we want to ensure you enjoy the very best food, service and entertainment so that you go home from your Tenerife holiday with precious memories to last a lifetime, or at least until you return to share your time with us again. "Through excellence in food, service, ambience and entertainment, to provide a feast for all the senses and a memorable dining experience customers will want to repeat"
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have visited here many times over the years and the standard is always good but with regard to value for money it has dropped off a bit .
The atmosphere is excellent and so is the service as is the food but its either us becoming more fussy or the fact that some of the other places we have dined at have improved their standards I'm not sure but as an example we had bread rolls as a starter then a steak and a dessert ( mixed sample) and 2 beers each and a bottle of wine vino de sol ( not an expensive wine) and it came to over a 100 euros , yet when we went to thai botanic we had thai steaks and similar food and drinks and it came to 75 euros . WE enjoyed both but preffered thai botanic for value for money.
Other people may disagree with us but thats my views

Molino B, Owner at El Molino Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent visit to Molino Blanco. Your opinions are very important to us however I feel it only fair to point out some differences between Thai Botanico and Molino Blanco regarding value for money. Firstly, Molino Blanco employs live musicians, three acts every single day where Thai Botanico employs an ipod. You cannot expect the price of Molino to be the same and still have the many extras that Molino offers and provides, i.e. fresh roses for the ladies every day, birthday treats to all those dining with us on their special day. Molino Blanco also has extensive gardens to maintain which our customers enjoy all year. Thai Botanico is in a commercial center.

All though Thai Botanico is a fantastic restaurant and one of my personal favourites, they are completely different venues. One is a very good restaurant and the other a restaurant/music venue/spectacle with an area for dancing and people do get up and dance every night. We only want our guests to have an excellent time and we try very hard to make that happen and all of our future customers will soon be able to enjoy the revised menu which is not only more extensive and varied but will actually be cheaper. We hope that you feel more safisfied on your next visit.

Yours faithfully
R.Weightman

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I called in for tapas and a glass of wine at lunchtime with friends, been meaning to visit for ages, it was a great afternoon. The staff were friendly, the service, food and wine were excellent, cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went to this over priced, over rated, restaurant for the first time for a "Special Experience " well ,it was that alright ! ! Meal was ok I thought, but with a funny flavour ? my wife, sister in law and I spent the next 8 hrs on the toilet or being sick ! and we starved ourselves all day in order to enjoy a great night out to have a feast, it couldn't have gone more wrong ! There is better around for much less ! try Tourus at Los christianos you wont be disappointed, we went there at the beginning of our holiday, that was great... our final night at El Molino Blanco ruined our holiday ! Thanks El Molino Blanco !!!!!!!

2  Thank len q
Molino B, Owner at El Molino Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Sir

I am deeply sorry to here that you and your partner and your sister-in-law suffered a bout of food poisoning on your last day of your holiday. I am however unable to accept that my restaurant was responsible. You have given no precise details as to exactly which date you dined with us or what dishes you had that you believe might have been responsible for your illness making it impossible to investiagate the matter further. Our Menu is an international base and therefore, each dish is, for the most part sevred individually to each guest and unless you all had exactly the same dish I cannot understand how you could all have been poisoned at the same time, especially as I have had no other complaints and I myself eat in Molino every single day as do all of my twenty two staff members. All of my produce is purchased from fully licensed agents and all of my vegetables are bought fresh daily and I am extremely strict about health and hygiene as any of my staff will testify to.

Again, I am very sorry to hear of your suffering, but I cannot reconcile your complaint without further data nor can I take it seriously when you have only submitted one review to Trip Advisor and you used that oppourtunity to promote another restaurant.

Yours R.Weightman

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went here three times in February during a two week holiday and found it even better than the previous years visits. The new management have kept up the fabulous food and somehow improved the evenings entertainment by a long way. The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. The bill was slightly more expensive than some others but when you take in the entertainment value and stylish ambiance for a whole evening, no other restaurant can touch it for quality. Look forward to revisiting next February

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came here on 4th may had lunch around 3pm and had 20% discount, very welcomed have been here twice before, we came back in the evening for dinner and had it in the hexagonal "shed" food was good (chatoue Briand ) but wine and champagne very over priced and entertainment, there wasnt any ! I seem to remember the chef giving us a song or two last year...doubt if we will be coming back in july

1  Thank Rowland480
Molino B, Owner at El Molino Blanco, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest

With regards to your comments regarding the entertainment on your recent visit to Molino Blanco, we have to point out that you choose and have admitted by your own review, to sitting outside on the terrace away from the live music area which is, and has all ways been, inside by the staged area and dance floor. Your complaints are wholly unjustified as firstly, three acts perfom every night and secondly, our wine and champagne prices are relative to the setting and standards of Molino Blanco.

As for your comments regarding a particular act that you recall from a previous visit, you must accept that people move on with their own lives and careers and this particular act now lives and works in Germany and left in November last year. If you do not wish to come back in July then that is your choice.

With regards