“One of my life's memorable experiences!”

Tenerife Royal Gardens
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was a holiday worth going for. The view was so beautiful that I did not even have to leave my room to enjoy the beauty. It was perfect for a lazy holiday. Its a brilliant location for a holiday, and Tenerife Royal Gardens made it all the more worth it. I cannot recommend it enough to other people considering going to this place. It was clean, beautiful and the staff were really helpful in guiding us to places worth seeing. it was reasonably priced according to the kind of experience we had. I would definitely go there again for a break as it was very relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MadeehaB

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is our 2nd time in TRG. This time we stayed in apartment C3-19. The apartment is on the 3rd floor accessed via a lift and had everything that you would want. It is clean and nicely decorated throughout. The balcony is in the shade in the morning but gets full sun in the afternoon and has a nice view towards the sea. The bedroom is a decent size with enough wardrobe space. The bathroom has a sloping ceiling but did not pose us any problems. I have to say that we booked through Bellamy rentals and Lynda was very helpful. We had an issue with some utensils and she came round immediately and replaced them. Would I go back again? Yes, no problem.

Room Tip: Take a look through trip advisor to get a balanced view. You can't please everybody all the time...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank warbz
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my first holiday to the Tenerife Royal Gardens Complex and its such a lovely place, three good pools, one is heated. The general staff are great, and nothing is too much trouble. The walkways and gardens are brilliant and someone was always cleaning, washing down and sweeping in addition to gardener a working on the plant and flower beds, so quiet and tranquil. There is also a life guard too. The place is certainly looked after, and work is going on to update the bar area beside the pools.
The problem we had when we rented at the end of February, was the smell from the sewage plant, the apartment wasn't too good either. It was in block A and directly in front of the sewage plant. I paid £55 per day to stay there and it was awful, dirty and generally un-cared for. The bathroom was filthy as was the kitchen, but I was lucky and only using it for a base as I was visiting family in the area and was out and about quite a bit. Would have liked an iron which worked, but thats how it goes I suppose. My phone calls to the owners and cleaning company went unanswered. It's a real pity, because the majority of apartments in the complex are very well maintained, unfortunately for me I got a bad one. It wouldn't stop me from staying here again, I've already booked an apartment overlooking the pool for later in the year and taken from a recommendation of a guest at the time who showed me around the apartment they were renting. Standards do vary so please be careful.
On the other hand its a lovely quiet complex, the night security on every door gave added peace of mind

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank Awalkonthesands
Reviewed January 27, 2013

just got back after 3 weeks in this complex we have really enjoyed it the sun shone for most of the 3 weeks we stayed in apartment C05 good position right by the pool the apartment was very very clean and had been modernised so the cooker shower and all electric fittings were of a very good standard the problems we had were the sofa was so old it was very uncomfortable went and spoke to Roberto who changed it a couple of days later with one from another apartment it was still old but better he said they were having new sofa in february but we would be home by then the next thing was the safe we paid £475 per week and knew the ire was a charge to use the safe he asked for 15 euros a week but would only charge 30 euros for the 3 weeks i think that is robbery also i know you pay more going through an agent but for the money they could include the safe and perhaps a few more home comforts like DVD player radio like the ones if you book direct with owners and i have tried to book direct but the best are booked in January having said all this the complex is in a great position and once they have done the entrance it will be good but please all you people who book with agents try and not be taken to the cleaners just because you want a holiday and prefer apartments to hotels the hotels work out better value but you may like us like the freedom apartments give

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank figostaffs
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with my dad , step mam and brother in a friends apartment . The apartment included a small kitchen with a fridge , a television in the main room and an ensuite on the main bedroom . There was a sofa bed that me and my brother had to share with just a curtain separating us and my dad and stepmam . The bathroom was a nice size and very clean with a bath and shower .

The pools were very nice and clean with a lifeguard at nearly all times watching the pool . However , we had been told before the visit that there was a pool bar , but when we were there , it was never open and so we had to travel out in order to get drinks and icecream in order to stay hydrated . Also , I'm not sure if they were stray but there was always two cats lying around the pool which really put me off . I was disappointed as i wanted to have a sunbed with a parasol but , there was no parasol so my fair skin was seriously at risk . The food establishments near the hotel were quite nice but it was annoying going far to look for new places to eat .
It would be good holiday for families but if you are a couple i would recommed it

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank GemzJ97
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the TRG for the second time in three years, still the same !!
I agree that most of the appartments are excellent and the complex is very well looked after.
The main reason we went back was for its Location, beaches, shops, restaurants, etc.,all within a FEW mins., stroll and quiet at night-time!!
The complex a few years ago was Time-Share and although the Sea and Pool views are excellent there is still nothing to do in the complex but enjoy the Sunshine and at night stroll down to the outside bar. The pool-side attendent has a great but boring job, of looking after a very quiet pool area, great to learn spanish from him.
They could do a lot more with the Reception Area to make it more welcoming.
Great place for a quiet, relaxing holiday. Fantastic Location.

If you are not shy, like we do you can use the Five Star hotels across the road, the Cleopatra and the Lord Anthony, lots to do, but you will need quite a few more euros, drinks,etc.

Room Tip: The corner appartments have a Sea and a Pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Keith L
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fantastic location and excellent apartment. We had everything we wanted here and more. I was always worried about cockroaches and we saw none! The apartment was spotless and amazing and the balcony view was stunning. The complex is very up and coming and we will be visiting for the next few years. Our apartment is now fully booked for most of the next few years as it is so perfect. I think there may be other apartments that aren't so good but it seems that generally the complex is on the up which can only be a good thing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple