“good location - okay hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Paradero Hotel

Paradero Hotel
Copenhagen, Denmark
“good location - okay hotel”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Spend one week in march at hotel paradero ll - Good location - okay room a bit run down - kitchen - balcon - small tv, but you gotta pay to see anything.

Good things about the hotel :
location - cozy - pool - bar by the pool - restaurent 10 euro buffet - pool table.

Bad things about the hotel :
arrogant reception staff - you gotta pay to see tv - no internet in the rooms - bathroom in run down.

But all in all a nice place to spend a week - close to beach and the great Siam waterpark - 30 euro entrance.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank viking0

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The Paradero complex is devided into two sections, Paradero 1 also known as the Caribe is the main block of apartments and has a hotel feel to it with a reception , pool , cafateria, mini market etc, and is quite well presented, we however were sent to Pardero 2 a block of apartments some 500 yards down the road and they have no facilities such as a pool or reception, you have to walk back and forth to Paradero 1 for a dip in the pool or a laze on a sunbed, Paradero 2 is just somewhere to sleep with no frills, if you can't carry your heavy cases up steps then you may find the 30 up and down steps we had to negotiate with two heavy cases a bit daunting,
We were dropped off at Parodero 1 and having checked in we had a trudge down the road with heavy cases to Paradero 2, our room number 110 stank of stale cigerettes and we asked to be moved the next day and were given room 140, much better, the apartments were clean , the pool was nice albeit some distance away, the reception staff were very helpful and for the price we were quite happy with our stay, the Paradero 2 complex is close to Lineakers and Yates bar and Veroncas strip and the area isn't really very pleasant but we weren't disturbed, the sea front is just down the road and there are loads of little supermarkets nearby . all in all it wasn't bad , we would have prerfered to stay in the main Paradero 1 complex but that was full , I paid extra for a " Balcony Room" a complete waste of money , there are no views to be seen from paradero 2 other that a few trees. our room had a TV slot it was about 1 euro per hour, and there is internet in Paradero 1 reception 1 euro for 10 mins ! it was 1 euro for 30 mins in an arcade near the sea front, and of course it wouldn't be the same without the odd electrical socket hanging off the wall LOL, no matter where we go I always feel that the heros of our numerous hols are the cleaners, hardworking, pleasant and they improve the quallity of your stay, god bless 'em all.
I have visited Tenerife 3 times now and to be honest the area near to Las Vistas beach and the fabulous Safari shopping center with its superb fountain is much nicer , anyway get a cab and visit the Safari shopping center when it's dark and take your camera, the restaurants above it are nice too but not cheap, we had a curry at one of them , lovely.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bakerptv
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I booked this as a last minute holiday- and as other people have said before its alright for what you pay for it! To be honest, I had a bit of a hissy fit when I got there ( I put this down to being tired, hot and hungry) about the apartment being small and really hot! Have to say though, after a few drinks and a good nights sleep- it wasn't that bad!

Found a bar not far from the hotel, got us through the week! Gaffers, its definitely worth a look. Great staff and cheap drinks, what more can you ask for?! Litre of Sex on the beach 4 euros!!

You're close enough to everything else too, including the beach, but the hotel pool does the the job!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I went on this holiday with a few of my friends and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - we would defo go back! The staff were very friendly and made you feel welcome. Our apartments were cleaned everyday unless they refused to clean it due to our own mess. Our towels were also changed everyday and kitchen facilities were decent.

The apartments were basic but perfect if you are only using the rooms to sleep in. On our arrival we were tired and looking forward to relaxing. However there was a mix up with our apartments and we has to trek for ages with our suitcases untill we finally reached our room. This included us dragging our suitcases up and down stairs and over a bridge for around 20mins.

We were only a 5min walking distance to the main strip which was perfect!! However there were roadworks along our pathway to the strip which were quite dangerous and noisy during the day. Supermarkets were also located just around our apartments which was ideal. The beach was also a 5min walk and it had a friendly atmosphere - but to be avoided at night time as there were cases of people being mugged.

We were booked in for half-board. However the apartments itself didnt provide the food and we had to walk 10mins to another hotel for breakfast and dinner. The food was satisfactory and the same meals were repeated alot.

The main strip itself is fantastic if your looking to paaarty! We had a brilliant time and all the bar stuff were extremely friendly! We would recommend The Crows Nest and Anthonys as staff were welcoming and prices were good.

Overall i wouldnt recommend these apartments for people who are with families and looking for a relaxing holiday as its not what you'll get. But if you are going on a group holiday and looking for a lively destination this is the perfect place for you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank linzandjulz
peterhead
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Big room with kichen facilites.Paradero not noisy hotel like lot of them beside beach. Small swiming pool but lot of free plase,free beds.I book half bord was happy about food.The bigest problem 2 speare socket in the room. I cant wach TV for free need to pay money

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank vladislavp2008
Manchester
Reviewed November 26, 2008

I stayed here with my boyfriend in November 2008. Arrived at 7pm when it was dark and the security guard took us on what seemed like a hike to our room!! We had to go down a long slope and over a bridge before being shown our apartment. However, we found a quicker way to the street by wandering round the block and finding another door. You do, however, have to go across the bridge and up the steep slope everyday for breakfast because there is no quicker or easier way back to reception.

Apartments were clean and we had fresh towels daily. The rooms are in dire need of redecoration. Paint is flaking off the walls and it has awful 70's kitchen cupboards and tiles! The main concern was the electrics. I plugged my hairdryer in what looked like a wobbly plug socket and the travel plug set on fire and melted the socket facia. After complaining to reception, I was given a new travel plug and told someone would come and fix it. The did, sort of. They screwed the facia back to the wall properly but didn't replace it! What use is a melted plug socket?!

The sewer that people are talking about is completely empty and I don't think that it is actually a sewer. I think it's an overflow area for the sea, as this is where the 'sewer' actually leads to. There is a footpath straight to the beach at the side of the apartment block.

It was very noisy at night and didn't go quiet till 7am. I don't recommend this place for families and elderly couples because of this. People didn't really care how much noise they made. I can imagine in the summer that it is unbearable because of the proximity to Veronica's.

Probably would stay here again but would want a room near reception and higher up for security reasons

• Liked — Breakfast!
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Leicester
Reviewed November 12, 2008

My sister and I stayed at the Paradero I apartments in January 2008. I was a little disappointed upon viewing the apartment. It wasn't very clean and the patio door safety consisted of a bolt lock and a pole (to stop the door from opening). We went out onto the balcony(which is shared with the rest of the floor) and there was dog poo on our grass area. The general cleanliness of the whole apartment wasn't great either. Didn't see any cockroaches though.

We stayed in a studio apartment, which consisted of 2 single beds, a sofa (which could be pulled out and used as a bed) a coffee table, a large wardrobe and a mirror, which was a little too far away from the socket, so difficult to use the straighters! The furniture was fine, and the beds weren't the most comfortable, but they were ok. No TV, but that was fine for us as we didn't go to watch tv.

The kitchen area was pretty outdated, but it did the job. Included was a kettle, a toaster, a coffee maker, obviously a fridge and pots and pans!
The bathroom was quite modern and clean, my only gripe was that the shower head didn't attach to the wall, so it was quite difficult to shower.

Paradero I doesn't have a swimming pool, but as it's part of a complex, you're allowed to use the other swimming pools in the different complexes. They vary in sizes, and although we didn't spend much time around the pool, the areas were clean, as were the pools, free sun loungers too.
The apartments are VERY noisy at night, as you're only a stones throw away from veronicas strip. The noise didn't stop until about 7 or 8am.
There's also a pathway to the back of the apartments that they reccommend you don't use after dark, which is understandable as there seem to be quite a few unsavoury characters residing in Playa De Las Americas.

I wouldn't stay at Paradero I again, we stayed at Las Floritas the year before and had a much better experience, for the same money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness, noise
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Sezsez
Coral-Hotels, Commercial Department at Paradero Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2009
Dear Mrs Sezsez,

Further to your comments published in Tripadvisor about Paradero I, we would like to inform you about the following, bearing in mind that the points mentioned in your comments are not totally correct. Therefore, please note:

• The Paradero I has got its own pool and sun terrace.
• All units at Paradero I have got TV with a choice of channels in different languages..
• The balconies and terraces (first floor and ground floor ) are totally independent from each other and offer the necessary privacy.
• Paradero I is not located next to Las Veronicas, it is a very quiet area and at night time the commune areas are well lit as well as the street which is surrounding this complex .

Anyhow, please be assured that all complaints and queries from all of our guests are worked through carefully and taken into account.

Our team is doing its utmost in improving continuously the services given to our clients, as it´s our aim to make our guests´ holiday as pleasant as possible.

Best regards,
Commercial Department
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Paraiso del Sol Apartments
#38 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Torres De Yomely
Torres De Yomely
#49 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Paradero Hotel? Share your experiences!