3,144 results
All reviews pool bar green pool golf view kentia restaurant golf resort evening entertainment caviar rooms are huge plenty of choice los cristianos a la carte restaurant welcome drink self service entertainment room separate bedroom chocolate fountain every night
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic...lovely staff,beautiful hotel regards cleanliness,food and service.
I could easily have spent a week without leaving the complex.
Entertainment at the pool bar and main club lounge every night and lots to do in the day.
Looking forward to going back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank wistywitch
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as a family from 07/07/17 to 14/07/17,on arrival at 12.00 am was greeted by very friendly staff and welcome cocktails,booked in quickly paid for safe and sent to our room.Next morning we had our breakfast then got some money for supermarket across the road ,we returned to pool and had agreat time ,however when we returned at about 4.00 pm to our room and went to put some money back in our safe ,we noticed money had been stolen from our safe,we advised the hotel staff,Thomson rep and police ,this was unfortunate as safe had been locked when we left and was locked on return,and as we had took some money for the morning we knew exactly how much was left,the Police later came and took photos,however we didn't hear from hotel or Thomson again.I have to say its such a shame,this is really one of the best hotels we've stayed in ,the staff are amazingly friendly ,the food was amazing ,the entertainment staff were brilliant with my son who can be quite shy and the rooms are lovely ,the best thing were the chocolate milkshakes with fresh cream.We don't usually do hotel entertainment but we loved any we went to. Had money not been taken from us this would definitely have been the best hotel we've stayed in.I would recommend this hotel to anyone ,just be careful with your money ,although we thought ours would be fine in the safe we carried ours with us the rest of the holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with family
28  Thank G J
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

I am confident that these customers do think what they claim and believe that they were stolen that money from the safe. But this could not have happened. The only person who got into their room that day was the maid, who has no way of opening a safe; and the customers were able to reopen their safe with their own pin number.
However, since every possibility must be considered, we have a protocol for this type of issues which includes a remark in the file of the maid involved for future reference. This particular maid has worked with us for quite a long while and has never been involved in any similar situation. It must also be considered that we humans do in fact misplace, forget and/or mix up things, and we even sometimes make up things for our own benefit.

Anyway, no matter our opinion and experience the specialists in this type of issues is the police, which took care of the claim and were provided with all the information they requested from our side. So far they haven't been able to determine how the safe could have been opened.

I am glad that they did in fact enjoy their stay and facilities despite this unfortunate incident or misunderstanding.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

We arrived as the hotel was suffering from intermittent power outages and the staff and rep rise to the occasion with the restaurant staying open longer than normal. We stayed for 14 days and used the hotel as a base for our expeditions, we enjoyed breakfast and evening meals outside and took advantage of the a la carte. We had a room on the second floor facing onto the street which was quiet and had the sun. We hired a safe and used the laundry dry cleaning and washing machine. We are not a family for the Olympic sport of bagging sun loungers as it seems pointless given the earths axis rotating around the sun we have better things to do! We copped the first 4 days of the English school holidays and I feel for the staff, feral children and one new male English arrival who by 1600 was drunk and verbally abusive to fellow guests. I would recommend this hotel outside English school holidays as the clientele let their country down as it descends into poor behaviour by the guests. The staff are brilliant and helpful and cannot do enough. Next holiday we shall go half board but after day 10 when large numbers of children arrived we tried to get to meals first as one child put his hands in the pasta put the food on his plate and then put it back in the container and his father did not admonish him. I also gave up swimming in the pool as the noise volumes rose by 400 percent and other concerns. Verdict I would go back but outside school holidays

Room tip: We asked for a park view however in the global sense of things a room at the front was fine and dandy
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank DavidBunyan
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

It's true that this hotel - as most other in fact - are very different depending on the time of the year (or even week!) they are visited. We are a family friendly hotel, so very much visited by families during school holidays. If you are a nostalgic of the 80's I recommend you to visit in August, I'm sure it will remind you of the Gremlins (but they behaved better...).

Reviewed July 25, 2017

We arrived at 1am in the morning and got a lovely welcome of the gentleman on reception who checked us in quickly, gave us a snack box and directions to our room. I had emailed a few weeks before to ask for a first floor room as there was just me and my 2 daughters and I was a little apprehensive about staying on ground level after reading reviews about intruders, so was very happy that the hotel had noted this and put us in a first floor room.....and what a room it was! We couldn't have been happier, we had a huge balcony with a fantastic pool view (F213) and felt extremely safe the whole duration of our stay, and I didn't hear any of any intruder insadents while we were there. The pools area is always clean and tidy and there was never any problems getting sunbeds around the blue pool. Food is very good, especially the breakfast, something for everyone. It did get a little repetitive at night time but we ate out a couple of times so it was fine. Entertainment was generally OK but if its not your thing its only a 10-15 min walk or about 5 euro taxi ride to Las Americas with plenty to see and do. 7 days wasn't long enough here and we were sad to leave :(
Thank you to all the very hard working staff for making out holiday such an enjoyable one, we hope to be back soon!

8  Thank AmandaW1974
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

When we first arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with a welcoming glass of something lovely. We had to wait for our room so whilst we waited, we went to have lunch, looked around the pool area and grabbed a gin & tonic. By this time, the room was ready. We went to the room and was amazed by the size of the kitchenette, living room and bedroom. We couldn't believe how clean and tidy it was, we got in to our swimming gear and went to sit by the pool. Even though I am a smoker, I loved the fact we had to smoke in a separate area as appose to by the pool side. 3 pools, we only and went in the main one in the middle, no reason we just did! The view of the pools and the buildings made me incredibly happy (when it came to our sad departure I nearly shed a tear as I didn't want to leave such a beautiful scenery)

The hotel exceeded our expectations. We booked all of our excursions via our Thomson guide which was easy and very informative.

Food was outstanding all the time, every service. I loved the fact there was so much fish & Spanish meat, this is what a true Spanish holiday is all about! I think I ate my body weight in prawns, mussels, squid and Parma ham. How people can complain about food is beyond me, however if you're not fussy like my partner and I this is the place for you!!

Normally house wine via draught/tap is horrible, the wine here however is the best I have had (considering it's through a tap). Pre warning - normally when in an all inclusive hotel the spirits are watered down and doesn't do anything to you, don't be fooled! This is the real stuff (especially the gin & vodka). Favourite cocktail was Bloody Mary which was freshly made where as quite a few cocktails were made with a slushy machine... but yet again don't be fooled, they still hit you!
By the way this is all good! No negatives here.

Room was cleaned every day and couldn't fault it. Bed was surprisingly comfy as normal hotels have beds that are rock solid and we had sort of like memory foam pillows. Air con only worked in the bedroom but it didn't work well in the living room/kitchenette ... well to be honest if you're spending that much time in the living room you shouldn't be on holiday! (Personal opinion).

We were there for 2 weeks so we were entitled to the special restaurants which marylanza had to offer. We had the Japanese restaurant the first week, and the traditional 4 course meal the 2nd week.
Both restaurants were absolutely incredible and we thoroughly enjoyed the service and the food.

Whilst on holiday it was my birthday, the hotel knew this and I was kindly given a bottle of Rioja (wine) with a nice little message from the hotel and the Thomson guide.

2 minute from a supermarket (mercadona) to the left of the hotel and if you turn right and walk for 10 mins, you will come across all the restaurants, shops, the drinking strip and another 5 mins straight down and you'll be at the beach.

Check out was easy (only thing we had to pay was the safe). Was so sad to leave this beautiful place.

We will definitely back. Thank you for making my partner and I's first holiday together.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank lucyamelia1994