“Could do better....”

GreenLeadersGold level
Aberdeen
“Could do better....”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went here with my partner and her 3 year old son in November.

On arrival, the hotel looks fantastic, champagne arrival, all good. Was asked to surrender my passport at check in, which I duly did, but didn't get it again until we left. Every other hotel I've stayed in where this has been requested, passports are returned within one hour. Poor service.

Used the hotel laundry service to have my golfing trousers cleaned on the Tuesday morning. Trousers were not returned and I had to collect them on the final day. What 4* hotel does not return dry cleaning and laundry?

Food was average..... your typical Spanish buffet style restaurant.

Hotel is kept clean in all areas, however I'd say that this was in off peak season, where you could have had 2 sunbeds to yourself every day. peak season may be different.

Looking at the hotels and area, probably one of the newest and possible best hotels in southern Tenerife, but the standard in the surrounding area is poor and competition is required to bring this 4* hotel up to standard.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank fighttheflab
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
With larger group arrivals we ask our clients to leave their passports in order to speed up the check-in process, thus avoiding unnecessary waiting times. They are usually ready within minutes (depending on the amount and timing of the arrivals) and most clients collect them later that day or the following day. These clients missed to do so and had them back at check-out. Not much more to say about this…

I regret the delay and/or miscommunication regarding the laundry service. Since this is an outsourced service, in order to avoid misunderstandings clients are requested to collect and verify the laundry themselves when returned.

November is not off season, and as a matter of fact the average occupancy during the whole month was an amazing 99.28 % (yuhuuuu!!!). So these clients’ sunbed experience was just as bad as it can get.

The South of Tenerife is a world-class holiday destination with beautiful (if not just impressive) hotels of all categories to please all kind of travelers, as proved by the increasing number of tourists visiting our island and resort. Not an easy task, but we try to be among the best hotels in Tenerife (even though the perception of “best” is very subjective and differs from one person to another).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

seeing as I did not book this hotel friend did it is not bad just a little too far away from beaches and shops, hotel clean. housekeeper lovely and efficient agree that sunbeds too near each other but never used them so no problem to me had to go out quite often its boring in the hotel went on a couple of trips night+day expensive had to get taxis too far to walk went to a show in Americas last night food good big shout for decades ,show excursion Thomson sound of musicals enjoyed show food ugh so hotel boring staff fine don't like paying for water/safe on ll inc

Room Tip: styed a block end room beds naff for comfort
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Falkirk
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here for a week in November. Hotel was very clean in all areas. The hotel is not huge which was also great as had not trouble getting a sunbed everyday and anytime we visited the restaurant it was not crowded. The food was good and at first thought there wasn't much to choose from but there was actually plenty. We are not fussy eaters so what was on offer was fine. The hotel entertainment was not to our taste but you are within walking distance to either Los Cristianos or Las Americas. It was great to visit out of season as both the hotel and resort were not over crowded or full of younger groups. The weather was great and would definitely return at this time of the year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FalkirkSandra
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marylanza hotel last September and I would have no hesitation in going back. The food was very good and I couldn't fault the choice we had. The Mexican night was brilliant and I am not usually a fan of Mexican but I could have ate loads. There is steak, beautiful cuts of beef, pork, gammon. Chips are lovely, pizza, pasta, you name it and you can have cava at breakfast if you want and there was caviar but I am not a fan so didn't have any, So you get that the food is fab. Only thing is no proper back bacon but hey I have never found that at any hotel abroad.
Rooms are lovely, clean and spacious. Some rooms look over the golf course and ours looked over the road which I asked for as you get the sun. It's not an enclosed balcony but I didn't mind that. Maybe guests with children wouldn't like that though. It's hard to explain but you have a grassed area that runs right along each room.
Location wise it was prefect once we clocked on which way to go. Straight across the road and in 5-10 minutes you are at the big shopping centre in the heart of Las Americas.
Staff amazing! Not one grumpy person, Entertainment great, Rat Pack, Buble, Magician, Queen etc.
I am trying to think of a downside and I suppose if I were to say anything it would be that the bar at the pool has all sorts of food all day from pizza, chips, pasta etc but when we sat there we could see the flies sitting on the food that was not covered e.g. pizza and chips. Now, I know they cannot help flies at the pool area but if you wanted a toastie you asked for it and it was made for you so perhaps the chips/pizza could also be made to order. This would eliminate the problem and I am guessing stop a lot of waste towards the end of the day and stop any wee tummy bugs.
Please do not be put off by that though as most food is completely covered and the staff there are lovely as is the food.
I will have no hesitation in going back. Hubby loved the golf (pricey though), I completely relaxed. Well done Marylanza!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at road side get sun.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia W
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Marylanza between 3rd and 10th January. We found the hotel to have a great location with an easy walk to beaches, very good staff, great food and very clean. We could not fault the hotel. We also used the Spa at a cost of 15 euro a person for max of 2 hours which was very good. Evening entertainment was limited but when on was good fun with good singers. Will stay there again congratulations Marylanza for making my birthday 5 star

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jmcd242
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and i stayed here for one week during November 2013.
The apartment was excellent,well equipped and very clean.
The restaurant food and staff were excellent as were all the rest of the staff.
I would recommend this hotel to any body and 5 Stars does not do it justice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 150Jeff1952
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Stay here for one week over Christmas 2013 with my husband and 2 kids (14&8) we arrived late but staff at the reception were very nice when we got to our room there was four plates of food for us to have and 2 bottles of wine we thought that was a lovely thing for them to do the only thing about that was me and the kids don't like fish.The room was very clean and lovely (the only thing was the mattresses were very hard even the kids said there bed's were very hard. the food was great lots to choose from and all the staff were very polite and helpful .Great hotel just what we need to end a very hard year thanks

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family