Marylanza Suites & Spa
Green Garden Resort & Suites(Playa de las Americas)
$132
  • Pool
Hotel Sir Anthony(Playa de las Americas)
$402
$390
Cleopatra Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$184
Hotels.com
Mediterranean Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$159
$134
  • Pool
Palm Beach Tenerife(Playa de las Americas)
$166
$116
  • Beachfront
H10 Conquistador(Playa de las Americas)
$201
Catalonia Oro Negro(Playa de las Americas)
$80
  • Pool
Iberostar Las Dalias(Playa de las Americas)
$230
$223
Priceline
  • Pool
Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra(Playa de las Americas)
$163
$156
Cancelon
2,835 results
All reviewspool bargreen poolgolf viewkentia restaurantcaviarevening entertainmenta la carte restaurantplenty of choicewelcome drinklos cristianoschocolate fountainseparate bedroomthomson repself serviceentertainment roomevery nightplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed for 10 days from 7th December 2012.

The rooms were nice but the corridors to dark. The light in the ladies public toilets only lasted 12 seconds and I had to take a torch to the loo.

The staff in the bars and restaurant were very nice and helpful but the staff on reception were very rude and made you feel you were a nuisance to dare and ask them a question. I was to scared to go after a few times. They made you feel like dirt!!! .

Room Tip: We stayed in D108
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

It is unacceptable that a client be treated in a contemptuous manner, and in this particular case it seems to have been a general attitude of the whole Reception department. I wish I had more details on specific situations and staff members involved to be able to determine what could have lead this client to such terrible feeling. I am extremely shocked by this review, which is very far from the positive and friendly attitude which is usually praised by our guests and which intends to provide them with a unique holiday experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Myself, husband and daughter, have just returned home(14th-25th dec 2012). We were so impressed. From the time we arrived we were looked after. The room was lovely,clean and plenty of room,we also looked out the golf course side D114. Location was ideal, away from the hustle and bustle, but only took 10-15 mins to walk to the beach. Food was fantastic, such a big selection for every body. All of the staff were lovely, my daughter loved Dana,who did the entertainment side. Met lots of lovely people and we are definitely booking for next year.

2  Thank Jools46Norwich
Reviewed December 26, 2012

It says international restaurant but serves only continental food. Spoke to manger and u get one vegetarian dish properly cooked otherwise u get baked
Potatoes, boiled vegetables and fried carrots/onions. There is only so much pasta I tomato sauce, piazza and chips one can eat. They say they're sorry and do genuinely try but not upto a 4* hotel in todays day and age. Also the specially cooked meal u get 50% of the time rest of the time they forget or not communicated to. I travel internarionally from Australia, Philippines, Thailand, India, Egypt, France, Germany, Swiss, other European countries and usa. But never had so much of a problem. They should learn to international standards. And Roberto, I spoke to u and u tried but failed. Thanks for trying and all the sorrys from the restaurants staff. But ruined my Christmas holidays.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Athean
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

I would love to blame Roberto for all this, but I am afraid that Roberto is... me! We have done our best to help him out in a most flexible and personalized manner, and we thought we were doing fine, but obviously we are not. We definitely cannot (or do not know how to) do more than what we have already done, at least our efforts have been somehow appreciated. Since this is clearly not sufficient we should then maybe learn to international standards, but definitely not about willingness to help and please our clients.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our family has just had a great week at the Marylanza Suites and Spa. From the minute we got there, we were made to feel welcome and an actual guest rather than an inconvenience like you are at a lot of hotels.

We were in a suite on the Golf Course side - our balcony faced it and our first impression was one of quiet and cleanliness. After reading some of the reviews we probably wanted a room on the road side as that keeps the sun on the veranda, but after 8 hours in perfect sunlight from 9am to 5pm - we didn't really need any more and the fact it was so quiet at night was a real bonus with the kids being in the beds in the main living area of the room. Room D113 by the way...

The food was excellent - loads of choice each morning, lunchtime and dinner. We didn't use the A-la-Carte restaurant as we were more than happy with what we got in the buffet restaurant. The pool bar was open from 10 till 6 each day (food from 12 - 6) and because we were determined to simply do as little as possible given we'd had a hectic year, it was nice to grab the odd burger, or tuna salad or chicken wings etc... and get your own drinks in the self-service part of the bar (Beer, wine, slush, coffee etc.).

This brings me onto the pools. There is the kiddie pool and two swimmers. The pool nearest the Buffett restaurant is heated and the other really isn't, but it was there that we took up residence each day as you got the morning sun as it first came up and the last of the evening rays. Can I say, it's the cleanest pool area I've ever seen, they jet-washed it all twice while we there, and there was never anything floating in the pool. The rep told me the hotel was at full capacity, but we never once struggled for a sun lounger - yes there was some re-positioning going on, but there were always beds and room.

They have entertainment on 5 days of the week in the evening - usually starting with a bit of mini-disco for the kids and then various 'shows'. I'm always a bit sceptical watching these shows because they are free and you don't expect a lot, but 4 or 5 of them were really good and they really kept the kids happy for a few hours - and that was exactly what we wanted, so we could relax.

So in summary then:
The rooms were spacious and clean with maid service every day. After the first night we asked for a couple more pillows and they were there within 20 minutes - brilliant.
The food is good, wherever you eat - plates are cleared between each course and always pristine clean and even the chefs would take time to have a chat with you.
The bar-staff were always helpful and friendly and really quick to serve everyone.
And it's a fantastic looking hotel which at first because we'd arrived at night, looked a little daunting, isn't at all. The staff all seem to get along together like a family and I couldn't be any more complimentary of them. Well done to the General Manager on this getting a great Team together.

So, the wife loved it. I loved it. The kids loved it. Happy days and we will definitely be going back in 2013.

Room Tip: I can only comment on rooms on the Golf side - we were in D113 and it was very quiet. However, from what little traffic we saw I think they'd be quiet on the road side anyway
4  Thank Dan_Sinqueen
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

This show of support and appreciation towards our staff and the way we feel and work together is by far the best present I have received this Christmas (I hope my wife reads this and gets the message…)

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Myself and my family have just returned from a week at the MaryLanza (14th-21st Dec 2012). We booked with Thomson under their Platinum range. The apartment was sold as sleeping 2/4, 2 in a twin bedded bedroom and 2 in the living room on sofa beds. The sofa beds were very hard and uncomfordtable. One was narrower than the other, indeed it was too narrow even for a child to sleep in, two children and one adult spent the week sleeping in two twin beds. Having stayed in 3* one bed apartments in the Canary Islands before without such an issue we were surprised to have such an uncomfortable sofa bed in a 4* platinum hotel. This one bed apartment would be fine for 2 people but not 4 people,

1  Thank caa2012
MarylanzaSuites, Director General at Marylanza Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Our rooms can sleep up to 4 people (with a maximum of 3 adults) with the existing bedding. This bedding consists of twin beds in the bedroom and twin sofa bed in the lounge (one of the sofa beds is 80 x 186 cm. and the other one 90 x 186 cm.). The sofa bed may not have the comfort of the regular bed, but I have slept myself on it and found it just fine (I like mattresses on the hard side, though). I understand, however, that the opinions on beds and mattresses differ a lot from one person to another.
Now that I look at the date, and since I do not want the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future to come and pay me a visit, I take this opportunity to wish all our guests and Tripadvisor users a very happy Christmas... even if you wrote or are planning to write a bad review!