“regretable holiday wish we choosen a different hotel has it is false advertising.”

Compostela Beach Golf Club
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The rooms are nice that's the only good thing i can say about this hotel,no entertainment, food cold every meal time had ask to warm up in microwave,mangeress un helpful.have to be in bed by 11 pm because you cannot make a noise as to be quiet you cant enjoy a laugh incase you laugh to loud.we would
not reccomend this hotel to any english people.flys around your dinner & pigeons flying in & out of the resturant.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kareokediva
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed January 20, 2010

The worst thing was that my daughter and I did not feel safe in our room, because of what would have happened in case of fire. Our apartment was in two etages, with the kitchen downstairs and the bedroom upstairs. The stair between was even of wood. If the fire had started downstairs, and spread upstairs, there was no way we would have got out alive. There was a window in the bed-room, but it was about 12 metres up and no fire-stair or ladder or even a rope. We asked if we could change rooms, but this was not possible. I think this was a really dangerous arrangement, which should not be allowed!

Another bad thing: all of the staff at the reception desk did not speak English. Or at least not good enough. I think this was very bad, as it cost us a lot of money when there was a misunderstanding between me and the woman at the reception desk about a taxi.

The furniture was old and torn, and the beds were very hard. My back was stiff every morning! The bath-tub and the toilet seat were too small. I almost could not get into/onto them. Alright - I AM a little overweight, but still I have never had these problems anywhere else in the world!

The television set was very small, it was placed in the kitchen, and you had to pay for it. I think this was quite stingily - you expect to be able to watch all the usual channels for free nowadays.

The pool was big - that is good of course - but I do not really believe that it was heated to 24 degrees C, as it said in the advertising. It felt as maybe 19 degrees, really.

Apart from this, the hotel was quite nice. The best things were a) the location right in the middle of things, b) that there was always a life-guard at the pool - this made it possible for me to relax when my daughter swam alone, and c) that it was very clean.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CatharinaSweden
Reviewed January 4, 2010

The hotel itself is fine, if a little dated. The rooms themselves are a little old fashioned and in need of a makeover but were cleaned daily with fresh towels and beds changed.
And as we were out most of the day didnt mind too much.
The TV was pay to view - 1€ per hour and in the week we were there we used 4€.

The location is wonderful, close to the beach, restaurants and bars, which is the best thing going for it.

We opted for the half board option, which turned out to be a mistake as the menu was limited from the main menu and more suited to scandinavians. We are not fussy eaters and tried a few different dishes before opting to eat out.
We told the Restaurant Manager who said we could order from the main menu and pay a little extra (14€ on top) and on top of this drinks are extra.

Also be warned - whilst we were getting the safe key 3 couple's checking in were told accommodation they had booked was not available and they would have to go to the sister hotel Compostela Golf ,which is much further out, as no other hotels were free in the area. The offered to pay for a taxi ride there and back once a day which is not really on.
Aparently this happened to them before and is a regular occurrance at this hotel.

The reception staff's stock phrase seemed to be"Sorry that is not possible" for any requests

If you are not too bothered about the star rating of the hotel and want a central location with a clean room then this is ok for you - if you want a bit more class then give it a wide berth.
Also there are a lot of owned apartments on the complex which are rented out.

We would go back there if nothing else is available, but on a room only basis.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Citygirl058
Reviewed January 3, 2010

I was on all inclusive and next time I will cook my own. This is a matter of taste, most people liked the food but I found it tasteless and overcooked. All meat was dry and over done, there were no spice or salt in food. The drinks were good though.
The apartments were spacious and the kitchen was very well equipped, thus I would cook my food if would come back.
I am not sure if I will come back though, as the location of the hotel is good for family or golfers, not for single traveler.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank FinlandTraveller37
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I have just returned from Tenerife after a weeks holiday. I stayed in these apartments for the week and had been terrified due to the reviews on this website. I would just like to say that those people who gave negative reviews need to chill out a bit. Yes these apartments are a little dated, but due to the number of visitors im not surprised. The location of the apartments was fantastic, it was within walking distance of the beach, shops and restaurants. What more can you ask for on a holiday.After all , you just want somewhere to sleep. If you are planning to stay in these apartments any time soon, dont be worried by bad reviews, these apartments are great and the staff are all lovely.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Holiday033
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Myself ,my wife and son went to compostella for enjoyable holiday,and thats what we got.The apt was clean spacious and perfect for us ,the food in the happy days bar was very good,and the bar staff were excellant. NAURI ran the bar at nights and he was efficiant,very pleasant and helpfull and a credit to the Compostella Beach,in fact he made the holiday so enjoyable.The waitress in the day,Alison,was also excellant
from michael christine and wayne

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank snoopyBolton
Reviewed November 22, 2009

This resort has been recently built. We went to Playa de Las Américas in August 2008. Our rooms were were well decorated and stylish, there was a kitchen too, but it was a little bit poor. Bathroom was massive, with everyting you need. Our major problem was the maid, who unexpectedly would entre in our apartament without knocking on the door.

One afternoon, i had locked the door, but when she arrived to clean our apartment, she was in such a rush that she broked the door. That`s true. Our rooms apartment was always dirty due to the incompetence of the maids. Receptionists couldn`t understand Portuguese nor English. I mean, this is very basic, you get what you paid for!

We`re half board, but that was actually a bad choice. Breakfast in Compostela consists of some toasts, milk, tea, harm and cheese nothing else. Very mediocre indeed. Our dinner was usually fine, they serve Chinese food there, and that`s my favourite. Playa de Las Américas is an amazing place to have some funny and some sun. People are often very friendly and helpful. Will return definitily.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Apartamentos Oro Blanco
#26 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Laguna Park 2
Laguna Park 2
#51 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Compostela Beach Golf Club? Share your experiences!