If you make your own way from the airport, this hotel is called Compostela 2. It is around 25euros by taxi.
Stayed here in a fantastic 3 bedroom apartment, watching the sunrise so with no sun on the balcony in the evening. There was a lovely breeze in the evening with the balcony doors open. No fans or airconditioning. Saw no cockroaches in the room, only outside but not many. There are more lizards and doves there and tiny ants.
Self catered so can only comment on chips, pizza and toasties which were all fine. Bar staff fine, reception staff and cleaning staff as well. Did hear a lot of moaning about the All inclusive, but it's always the same.
Is a nightmare to get sunbeds when it is busy and you have to be up at around 8.15am to "stand guard" by your beds and umbrellas. That was a real let down because you could never lie in or you were at the beach! The mats are in the hut, they are opened first. There is not enough to accommodate the hotel.
Like everyone says the bar does shut early and you need to be in your apartment but that doesn't stop you going out and coming back later.
Didn't use any tour rep or the hotel to book excursions. We booked elsewhere. Siam Park was excellent and Loro Parque was good too, but a little far away.
There is a games room at the hotel with pool tables, small play area, computers, internet, games consoles and it all costs 1 euro! If you go to an internet cafe on the streets go will get much longer for less. I went to one on Av Santiago across from Columbus. There was a young British boy there. He was a great help.
The hotel pool is very very slippy and if you are the top level, take your flip flops to the poolside or you will be hopping back.
Mercadona was about 10min walk on my own through the orange and grey court building, Over the round about and across down by the Mar Ola Park with a huge El Camisol sign on a building. Walk straight down to the corner, there is a lovely cafe called sportsbar there which does a nice breakfast, coffees and then turn left. The big electrical store will be on the right. Mercadons is fab and cheap with lovely Rioja's at 2.90euros and cheaper and nice Aloe Vera oils. Cross only at predestrian crossings.
This is the best way to the beach as if you go around the rear of the Mercadona, you can see the beach and you can may your way down, total 20/25 mins with lilos, 3 kids. The water is clearer near the rocks away from Los Cristianos but it gets busy there. There is water sports there.
If you follow the road hotel road, passed the posh hotel next to us all the way round to the large roundabout at the "Steakhouse" you are heading for Av Santiago and from there Veronicas, McDonalds, which are everywhere. Loads of banks, restaurants, supermarkets, bizarres, There is also "La Boca", British pub for cheap beer, food, breakfast and sport, near the bottom and a new restaurant which opened called The House. We tried both and liked them. Both very different. Iceland is at the corner there too.
They are keen on recycling and saving water at the hotel, put your towels on the floor to be changed and only bins on a Wednesday and Sundays.
Don't forget to tip the bar staff at the hotel, you may get a little special service when it's busy?
The entertainment is ok, you get used to the fashion shows but Andres' entertainment was good. Water polo was always a laugh as those in the sunbeds got soaked. The quizzes are quite good fun.
Really enjoyed this holiday, it's mainly British and Dutch families so great for the kids and those who are willing to walk a bit and see the area.
Shower room and luggage holdall on your last day is fine as well, you book this on the morning of your last day.
Climb the small mountain beside the hotel. It has an amazing view over the whole area. It takes longer to get down but is hard work on the steep uphill. The sunbeds were a problem and a little stressful at times but the hotel generally was good,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Compostela Beach Golf Club is a complex of low rise apartments situated on the northern perimeter of the Las Americas Golf Course. Within a short distance from the complex a variety of restaurants, shops, supermarkets can be found as well as the Club House of the Golf Course. The Las Vistas Beach is only 800 m away. Without doubt the complex is perfect for golf lovers, families or any clients wishing to spend their holidays in a tranquil and familiar environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Compostela Beach Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Compostela Beach Golf Club Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Compostela Beach Hotel Ii
- Compostela Beach Golf Club Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas