1,490 results
All reviewsself cateringloft apartmentsiam parkprivate gardenmin walklarge bathroomlarge supermarketplenty of sunbedsall inclusive drinkslocal beerparrot showlos cristianostoastiesfamily holidaygreat holidaydesigner shopssecond week
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We rented a private apartment on this complex so I can't really comment on the general accommodation ours was adequate but did have the advantage of ceiling fans.

The actual complex is lovely the pool is heated to a nice temperature our 2 year old loved it. Yes the floor is slippy but you soon work out if you walk on the white tiles they are fine also our son had the swim shoes on and never fell once. The pool area was kept really clean and the pool was checked several times a day and was exceptionally clean.

We did watch some of the professional evening shows our son loved them they are a bit cheesy but I'm not sure what people expect this is definitely a family orrientated hotel as the place fell quiet come 11pm.

I can't comment on the food except to say it looked good and the all inclusive seemed like good value. We drank from the bar and the drinks were fine.

Yes there is building work opposite and yes there was some noise but nothing that would bother you when lazing by the pool.

Overall I would stay here again and would look to go all in if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Feelingnuts
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We ended up staying at the Compostela Beach hotel after the hotel we originally booked was closed at short notice. We had some worries after reading some of the more negative reviews but on arrival were pleasantly surprised by our apartment. It was spacious,- for 3 star accommodation - a one bedroom apartment with all the amenities needed for self catering. The apartment was cleaned thoroughly by a friendly maid and the bed linen and towels changed regularly. The pool area was pleasant with plenty of space where you could have some privacy away from the pool hubbub, but there was also entertainment for children and adults based around the pool.
The best part of staying at this hotel is the great location. It faces the beach on one side and the main entrance is opposite the Safari centre with loads of shops, restaurants, bars etc. It is also very close to Los Christianos for more (but different) beaches, shops and bars. I would specially recommend the Claddagh Irish bar for live music and a really good evening out.
The one drawback is that the hotel has no air conditioning, although I believe fans can be hired from reception. This is definitely not welcome during the summer months for those who might have trouble sleeping.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Amaret20
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The whole atmosphere of that apartment hotel depends on fellow customers. British people come to party here and that was not nice for a family looking for a peaceful vacation with a small kid.
As the rooms have no air conditioning at all, you need to have windows open all the time to survive. And in case you have noisy neighbours, you either close the windows and die of heat or put up with the noise.
Our rooms faced the street, which was also quite noisy and there was a construction site opposite the street. We were also "lucky" to get a room next to the garbage bins, so they were emptied every morning. Luckily we did not sleep longer than 8 a.m. and that noise did not really disturb us much.
Be careful, the whole hotel territory is covered with very slippery tiles, even the rubber water shoes were of no help.
In case you are looking for a hotel to spend the nights only, then this one is fine.
We rented a car from the hotel reception and that worked well.
Buggies for kids were available for rental and the rent was cheap - ca 1,70 eur per day. We used that to visit the center of Playa de las Americas, which was appprox. 2 km away.
The beach has dark sand and beaware, when that is on your kid's skin, it really burns!
The way to the southern airport was about 15 min by car.
We loved the whole island. The hotel was a little bit less than we expected and we would try something else next time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course are quieter. But rooms facing the inner yard might be quite noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have decided to rate Compostela Golf 5/5 because it really was excellent value for money, clean, tidy, fantastic staff, lovely food, brilliant size rooms.

We stayed for 2 weeks over the end of October beginning of November and really didn't want to leave. Its a very small complex where we felt safe with the children but seemed to be an excellent gateway to different resorts, each morning we could take a different route and arrive in a different shopping area, one way takes you to Los Christianos, the other to Las Vista and the other to Playa Las Americas.

Food is plentiful and there is something on offer for most of the day, there was always something to choose from even with my fussy little children! The ice cream was self service which the kids loved and as well as beer and spirits at the bar I was able to work myself through the cocktail menu on the all inclusive (most hotels we have been to you have to pay extra for cocktails :)

The apartment was the largest we have ever been given abroad with two really large bedrooms, bathrooms, sitting area and separate kitchen! We loved our location right above reception where we could people watch..... ah there is a building opposite hotel at the moment but it didn't give us no bother, in fact we enjoyed watching the progress they were making.... our flush broke on our toilet one morning and we told reception about it on the way to breakfast, by the time we got back to our room about 45 minutes later it had been fixed :) Saw very few bugs/lizards around the hotel area, I think perhaps two or three tiny little cockroaches outside of an evening but that was it so big thumbs up there from me.

Entertainment was just fine with Leanne the Entertainer an absolute favourate with everyone, especially the kids, she was lovely and an asset to the Coral Hotels, we actually thought how lucky the hotel were having such a fantastic team, just one member of staff to watch out for, the older guy in the bar with the glasses, was very impatient with the children and I saw him snapping at a few of them. There was one day when it was torrential rain all morning and we were actually sitting outside getting dripped on with an inch of water under out table as there is no indoor seating at all apart from in the restaurant when this guy started his shift and then accused the children of getting the water everywhere??? Crazy man needs some customer service skills lol. But like I said all the other staff are super amazing and so so friendly.

We had an absolutely fantastic holiday this year and feel that it was worth every penny. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with children. Drinks stop being served at 11pm with the bar area being locked up at 12 midnight which is great for getting the kids to bed and being up for breakfast and making the most of the next day. Of course the younger ones would go off and hit the bars and nightclubs once the all inclusive had finished.

We have been all inclusive every year for the last 14 years and feel this was excellent value for money and one of the best we have been to. As the place is very small there is only a little choice not like some of these bigger hotels but always meat, veg and fish and pasta dishes as well as your salad, breads, soup and deserts.

This hotel is a winner from me and my family and we will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank StaceyAKelly
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a last minute break to the Compostela at the end of October. We chose it based on the positive reviews and are really glad we did as we were very impressed, particularly for what we paid. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel in the day so can't comment on the day time entertainment, lunch service, snack service or pool. But this is our view of the bits we did experience.

The apartments are huge with a seperate fully equipped kitchen that includes a cooker and a proper fridge freezer (something you don't see very often when going fully inclusive), toaster, kettle and coffee maker so it would be a great choice for a self catering holiday.

The location isn't bad, a 20 minute walk to a selection of beaches and about 10 minutes to the shops and restaurants. We enjoy walking so the distance didn't bother us but others might find it a bit of a trek.

Food - we were really impressed with the food selection. Ok there isn't a huge range of different items but they catered for everyone including vegeterians which is extremely rare; I've stayed in five star hotels that haven't had as much variety as they had at the Compostela (the last hotel I stayed in had about 10 choices of fish including lobster but only a watery pasta dish for veggies). At the Compostela though I had something different every night and it was tasty too and included veggie lasagne, stuffed tomatoes, veg curry and the best ever Ratatouille I've ever tasted. There was always at least two meat, one fish and two vegeterian meals to choose from and some very tasty soups. In addition to that there was an adequate selection of salads and fruits and an abundance of lovely freshly baked bread. My only gripe is the picnic, we went out every day so ordered the picnic but didn't bother again as it only contained two rather sweet tasting ham and cheese sandwiches (not suitable for me as a veggie), a bottle of water, an apple, a banana and a packet of biscuits. Some of their lovely crusty bread/rolls, some cheese spread and a tomato would have made it much more appealing. so after the first day we opted for lunch at Subway instead.

The staff were really helpful and friendly and the service was quick. We never waited at the bar for more than ten minutes (most of the time much less) and the majority of drinks were served in proper sized glasses. I mention the latter point as my parents were staying nearby and my Dad complained he was served his beer in a 0.3ml plastic cup which he was not impressed with :-)

There is only one reason I'm giving this hotel 4 stars instead of 5 and that is because the entertainment is held next to the restaurant and most people seem to get to the restaurant early and stay at their tables so that they can watch the entertainment; making it nigh on impossible to get a table outside. Getting there early wasn't suitable for us as we were out all day and wanted a bit of downtime before making our way down for dinner. So for us that meant for the majority of our stay we had to sit inside. This wasn't great though as the restaurant was like an oven with no air-conditioning. So after a rushed slightly uncomfortable dinner we generally got a drink and took it back to the apartment balcony. It also meant that we couldn't partake in most of the evening entertainment.

We did manage to get a table twice though and saw a singer and a lovely young lady with a number of different animals including Charlie the raccoon, who was a real hit.

One other downside is that the apartments aren't air conditioned. This wasn't a major problem in October, but I can imagine it could be in July and August; even if you hired a fan.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and I'd definitely stay again.

PS I'd also recommend a trip to Siam park. We had a fantastic day there and because of the time of year we hardly queued until. It's the best water park I've ever been to and the rest of my family agree. One tip though if you go, make sure you know which bus route you are on! We took the bus from near the front as it's the one we'd seen and because we wanted to go to the cashpoint first. When we left the park we had to choose from three different routes. I guessed and got it right, but the driver nearly didn't let us on as he insisted on knowing our hotel first, the problem was (as I explained to him) we didn't want to go back to our hotel we wanted to go for a walk and the supermarket.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family