1,487 results
All reviewsself cateringloft apartmentsiam parkprivate gardenmin walklarge bathroomlarge supermarketplenty of sunbedsall inclusive drinkslocal beerparrot showlos cristianostoastiesfamily holidaygreat holidaydesigner shopssecond week
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We usually stay in 5* hotels but as this was our 3rd holiday this year decided to try a cheap apartment. We ate when we wanted and wore what we wanted, no fuss, no bother. I can't tell you have pleasantly surprised we were. The apartment was a duplex with fantastic sea views and also overlooked the pool. Everything you needed was there, from toaster to microwave, although we ate out all the time. Plenty of great restaurants on your doorstep, plus numerous pubs and bars. Having said all that I should point out that the biggest attraction has to be the location. Next to a great sandy beach, plus loads and loads of good quality shops over the road, down the road and round the corner. This has got be one of the best locations in Americas and it is all flat, no hills. At night the whole area is lit up and looks magical. I don't think I will pay for expensive hotels again. Location, Location, Location.

Room Tip: Sea view apartment is a must.
5  Thank CherylLuton
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have just come back from a week all inclusive in Compostela Beach Golf Club II. Although we went to the same place last year, we had an idea of what we were getting for our £ and €.

The staff are excellent from the cleaners upwards. The entertainer tries to get everyone involved and is constantly cheerful. Their is also a maintenance man who seems to work for 25 hours a day! On one day our electricity blew in our apartment. Within one minute of phoning reception the maintenance man had arrived and sorted out the problem.

On our week the resort did not seem very busy, which is not a bad thing! Plenty of room for sunbeds, the pool is not cramped. Again the resort had a quite relaxed and friendly vibe which is what my party were after.

The food was unfortunately disappointing this year compared to last year. Their seemed to be not as much variety and many times the food was cold. The fruit to be polite has seen better days! Their is a onsite shop as well which has the essentials. The drink selection was very good with a good choice to choose with the all inclusive deal.

The apartments are very spacious and very clean. A little tip unfortunately their is no air conditioning in the apartments. In our week the average temperature in Tenerife was around 35c in the day and 22c on the night. I would recommend hiring out a fan for €12 with a €6 deposit returned on sending the fans back.

The entertainment was exactly the same as it was last year! I can understand people who are their for two weeks would be sick of no variety. The shows will be a singer, a snake show, a tropical animal show, a parrot show and a eagle show (the feathered variety not the band!) The singer is certainly the best show to watch. The onsite entertainer as mentioned previously does a very good job in getting everyone involved without pressuring people with activities in the afternoon and evening for both adults and kids from bingo, to mini discos, karaoke, pool tournament, water polo etc etc.

The location of the resort is very good. It is located outside the main stretch of bars and restaurant though they are in easy reach within a few minutes walk. Also the beaches are also a short walk away.

This place is ideal for families and people who just want a relaxing holiday. It is perfect for those of us who are on a budget and are looking to spend a week in Tenerife. If you want a 2 week holiday or after a wild holiday then this place is not for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank carlmac62b
Reviewed September 21, 2012

just got back from 12 nights at this place sept 2012 first impressions were good after reading other reviews a very clean hotel with friendly staff our party was s/c but heard mixed reports on the AI i satyed with my husband and 2yr old daugher apart from a few minor issues i.e rooms needing minor repairs and no air-con allthough fans available we we pleased with the place yes we had a few nightly visitors as in coackroaches but it was very hot and there is various sprays u can buy or get from recepition and im not bothered buy them anyway personally. pool area is very slippy wen wet so little ones need to be carefull. food from restaurant a bit hit and miss and drinks were a bit pricey as was the mini market but plenty of choice in the towns we enjoyed our stay throughout and there was never an issue for sunbeds at this time of year the town is only a 10 minute walk either way but defo need a taxi back up in the heat i would stay at this hotel again due to the fact it was cleaned everyday and fresh towels supplied almost daily we all had a lovely time and leanne is the entertainments person tries very hard to get ppl involved

Room Tip: ask for non golf side if u dont like bugs ect as surrounded by a lot of trees plants ect x x
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just back from a week stay in this hotel, having taking a punt from a look through the internet aiming for a cheap deal. I can only echo the points already made here, the room is far too hot at night and on 2 of our 7, sleeping was a real difficulty. In addition, the food is all very similar, but given the price it is very easy to walk down the the strip of restaurants in Las Americas and have a full meal for under £10.

Overall, I probably wouldn't go back as I now know the area better and there are other locations more suited to what I want, however we had a very pleasant break away.

3  Thank BrianToward
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Booked the Compostela for 1 week for myself and my boyfirend (both in our mid to late 20's)for the 1st week in Sept, through Olotels as it was the best price.

Considering I am a very picky person when it comes to accommodation - i usually only stay in 4 or 5 star hotels i hate self catering as reviews on websites like these always put me off....having thrawled through every review i could find for Compostela I must admit I was very nervous about my choice pre arrival...having read about thieving, cockroaches etc BUT I was so so surprised. Therefore I thought i owed it to Compostela to come on here and give them the review they deserve!

The location was fantastic could not have asked for more. Right next to all the shops and right on the beach. I am not the biggest fan of having to walk any distance for anything especially in 30 degree heat so it was perfect for me.

The apartment itself looked exactly like it did in the photos, we had a 1 bedroom duplex apartment. It was clean and modern and had everything we needed for our stay...kitchen living room balcony downstairs and bedroom and bathroom upstairs with plenty of wardrobe space!!....ceiling fan in the living room, hob cooker, microwave, fridge, all cutlery provided etc and everything was spotless..and believe me I am picky!! Bathroom was big plenty of room!! loved the big shower! no complaints whatsoever about the apartment itself couldnt have been happier!

We had a pool view and were on the 4th floor so no need to worry about leaving the bedroom window and terrace door open for extra air. The only complaint i would have is that there is no fan in the bedroom upstairs. I thought I would suffocate so eventually after 3 nights had to give in and pay the 30 euro (inc 10 euro deposit which you will get back) for a freestanding large fan which i could not have slept without for the remainder of the week,.

The staff seemed nice, their english is not the greatest but I never had any issues with them. We paid for the safe, its a key safe which is a bit annoying i do prefer passcode safes but it is a neccessity and well worth it, got the deposit back for that aswell which i think was something like 6 euro.

We only ate in the complex itself once after being at the pool it was nice and cheap. no complaints. service was good too. The pool was lovely. Never had a problem getting a sunlounger. Yes the same people go down at like 9 every morning and throw towels on their favourite chairs facing the sun but there were plenty to go around and never had any issues getting one. If you have kids theres a kiddies pool covered over to protect them from the sun which is a fab idea. the toilets at the pool area were absolutely spotless..i was shocked as usually beach/pool toilet amenities are filthy even at home but compostela were unbelievably clean!!

Don't let people with stupid complaints like about pillows not being fluffy enough put you off. Compostela was very clean (i never once saw a cockroach or any bugs or anything like that!!!) , it was modern, the people were nice and it had everything you need to enjoy your holiday. Yes you have to pay a little extra for a fan in the bedroom and a safe but that is the same everywhere else. If the pool isnt up to your standards and you're looking for something more exciting then walk in to any other hotel or resort along the street and use their ameneties...i did ( i walked up to parque santiago 3 and in next door to the mediterranian palace) and at the end of the day a pool is a pool.

a taxi up to veronicas strip in playa de las americas is only 6 euros each way. it is crazy up there (my first night i saw a bar fight) so i wouldnt recommend staying up there with a family. stay in the compostela or in that area and get taxis up and down to the crazyness when you want to for nights out.

theres plenty to do at the compostela. right outside the back gate on the way to the bars restaurants and the beach you can rent bikes for only 8 euro for the day. fantastic value and a brilliant way to get around and see the area. we cycled all the way up and down to veronicas and up and down all the different beaches. beautiful.

we went to siam park...30 euros each got the tickets across from the bike place again just outside the back gate of the compostela. gota taxi there as couldnt be bothered walking up to where the bus stop was up at the best tenerife hotel. a taxi was less then a tenner each way but if you want to get the bus its free and they run every half an hour from the best tenerife...about a 10 minute walk from compostela if you are as slow as me ha. the park iself is great fun. not that many rides though. we only spent from around 12 to 4pm there. beware no flip flops hats or sunglasses allowed in the beach pool or on the rides so unless you leave them in your lockler be prepared to leave them at the end of the ride before you get in the queue. when we were there the queues werent too bad...max waiting time was 20 minutes. not bad. for busier and hotter times of year i would definitely recommend getting the fast pass tickets....it would so be worth it!!! consider standing in long queues burning in the sun!!

lots of restaurants around to choose from..breakfast for as little as 2.99. 3 course dinner for as little as 6.99. so it can be cheaper to eat out then shop and cook for yourself!!

all in all fantastic holiday...delighted with everything. would definitely recommend compostela and tenerife in general.

Room Tip: ask for a room higher up, i notice they tended to put young groups of lads on the ground and first floors. beware a pool view is nice but will be a bit noisier for obvious reasons.
11  Thank Kar2117