1,490 results
All reviewsself cateringloft apartmentsiam parkprivate gardenmin walklarge bathroomlarge supermarketplenty of sunbedsall inclusive drinkslocal beerparrot showlos cristianostoastiesfamily holidaygreat holidaydesigner shopssecond week
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Booked the Compostela for 1 week for myself and my boyfirend (both in our mid to late 20's)for the 1st week in Sept, through Olotels as it was the best price.

Considering I am a very picky person when it comes to accommodation - i usually only stay in 4 or 5 star hotels i hate self catering as reviews on websites like these always put me off....having thrawled through every review i could find for Compostela I must admit I was very nervous about my choice pre arrival...having read about thieving, cockroaches etc BUT I was so so surprised. Therefore I thought i owed it to Compostela to come on here and give them the review they deserve!

The location was fantastic could not have asked for more. Right next to all the shops and right on the beach. I am not the biggest fan of having to walk any distance for anything especially in 30 degree heat so it was perfect for me.

The apartment itself looked exactly like it did in the photos, we had a 1 bedroom duplex apartment. It was clean and modern and had everything we needed for our stay...kitchen living room balcony downstairs and bedroom and bathroom upstairs with plenty of wardrobe space!!....ceiling fan in the living room, hob cooker, microwave, fridge, all cutlery provided etc and everything was spotless..and believe me I am picky!! Bathroom was big plenty of room!! loved the big shower! no complaints whatsoever about the apartment itself couldnt have been happier!

We had a pool view and were on the 4th floor so no need to worry about leaving the bedroom window and terrace door open for extra air. The only complaint i would have is that there is no fan in the bedroom upstairs. I thought I would suffocate so eventually after 3 nights had to give in and pay the 30 euro (inc 10 euro deposit which you will get back) for a freestanding large fan which i could not have slept without for the remainder of the week,.

The staff seemed nice, their english is not the greatest but I never had any issues with them. We paid for the safe, its a key safe which is a bit annoying i do prefer passcode safes but it is a neccessity and well worth it, got the deposit back for that aswell which i think was something like 6 euro.

We only ate in the complex itself once after being at the pool it was nice and cheap. no complaints. service was good too. The pool was lovely. Never had a problem getting a sunlounger. Yes the same people go down at like 9 every morning and throw towels on their favourite chairs facing the sun but there were plenty to go around and never had any issues getting one. If you have kids theres a kiddies pool covered over to protect them from the sun which is a fab idea. the toilets at the pool area were absolutely spotless..i was shocked as usually beach/pool toilet amenities are filthy even at home but compostela were unbelievably clean!!

Don't let people with stupid complaints like about pillows not being fluffy enough put you off. Compostela was very clean (i never once saw a cockroach or any bugs or anything like that!!!) , it was modern, the people were nice and it had everything you need to enjoy your holiday. Yes you have to pay a little extra for a fan in the bedroom and a safe but that is the same everywhere else. If the pool isnt up to your standards and you're looking for something more exciting then walk in to any other hotel or resort along the street and use their ameneties...i did ( i walked up to parque santiago 3 and in next door to the mediterranian palace) and at the end of the day a pool is a pool.

a taxi up to veronicas strip in playa de las americas is only 6 euros each way. it is crazy up there (my first night i saw a bar fight) so i wouldnt recommend staying up there with a family. stay in the compostela or in that area and get taxis up and down to the crazyness when you want to for nights out.

theres plenty to do at the compostela. right outside the back gate on the way to the bars restaurants and the beach you can rent bikes for only 8 euro for the day. fantastic value and a brilliant way to get around and see the area. we cycled all the way up and down to veronicas and up and down all the different beaches. beautiful.

we went to siam park...30 euros each got the tickets across from the bike place again just outside the back gate of the compostela. gota taxi there as couldnt be bothered walking up to where the bus stop was up at the best tenerife hotel. a taxi was less then a tenner each way but if you want to get the bus its free and they run every half an hour from the best tenerife...about a 10 minute walk from compostela if you are as slow as me ha. the park iself is great fun. not that many rides though. we only spent from around 12 to 4pm there. beware no flip flops hats or sunglasses allowed in the beach pool or on the rides so unless you leave them in your lockler be prepared to leave them at the end of the ride before you get in the queue. when we were there the queues werent too bad...max waiting time was 20 minutes. not bad. for busier and hotter times of year i would definitely recommend getting the fast pass tickets....it would so be worth it!!! consider standing in long queues burning in the sun!!

lots of restaurants around to choose from..breakfast for as little as 2.99. 3 course dinner for as little as 6.99. so it can be cheaper to eat out then shop and cook for yourself!!

all in all fantastic holiday...delighted with everything. would definitely recommend compostela and tenerife in general.

Room Tip: ask for a room higher up, i notice they tended to put young groups of lads on the ground and first floors. beware a pool view is nice but will be a bit noisier for obvious reasons.
11  Thank Kar2117
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Firstly let´s start on a positive note,the pool is clean,the apartments are more than ample for what you need,the staff are helpful and the entertainer Liann is first class without whom this place would be a very dull resort!!
Secondly, the food is abysmal,same from week to week,breakfast is ok,lunch bad and then evening meal is dire to say the least!! After paying for all inclusive we had to shell out more money to go out and eat as it was so dire.Fruit is far from fresh and think the bananas were there longer than me!!All the food tastes the same..very salty,greasy and so uninspiring.No air conditioning in the rooms makes it very uncomfortable to sleep and yet again you have to shell out more money for a fan and also for a safety deposit box..all inclusive??Not what the brochure says for this hotel.
The location is great and everything within walking distance.
Entertainment is a big let down,so dull and the same shows every week and when you have been here for 2 weeks you know what is coming.Inhouse entertaiment with Liann is first class and can´t fault her at all and she makes the entertaiment she provides first class.,her interaction is great and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting her.
Would i recommend this hotel to anyone?? Well if you go self catering then yes but do not go all inclusive,made to feel like a second class citizen as certain cocktails are free but they come in plastic glasses but if you were to buy one they come in proper glasses with the garnishes as in the menu!!
I wouldn´t come back here to this hotel after this expericence.

Room Tip: The one in another hotel!!!
3  Thank Dawn-Anne B
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Ok so im a week back from my stay,I came on this site the 1st day home and had a lovely things to say about the hotel...that's all gone out the window now seen as my 2year old and myself have been eating alive by bed bugs brought back from the apt we stayed in 71z,how I know we got them from the room as on the small table in the kitchen was crawling with tiny brown bugs,stupidly never taught of bed bugs until I had to get rent to kill out yesterday which costed me more than a stay in the hotel my beds,sofa,presses,curtins everything had to be cleaned I now have to stay in my friends house for a week...total nightmare thanks compostela.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Richieeve
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at the Compostela Beach Golf Club for a week during August. My overall impression was ok and the apartments very spacious and clean. The good points of the hotel were Apartments clean and tidy on arrival and very spacious, Good pool area, Good selection of food and drink in the restaurant. The bad points were, Cockroaches in the restaurant which we found were coming from under neath a table near the Ice cream, very off putting whilst eating. No Air Conditioning in the hotel including rooms and had to buy fans from the local electronic store to keep cool, Flys were a pest also during the week stay and were around the drinks machine but we expected that being a warm country, Entertainment was repetitive, Food was also repetitive. Overall we had a great stay at these apartments and staff very friendly, i would come back to the apartments if Air conditioning was installed in all rooms and the restaurant because the rooms got in excess of 23 Degrees during the night which was uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travellerrandom
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have just come back from a week in Tenerife with my boyfriend.

Firstly, location. It's about a 20 min walk to the beach of Playa de las Americas (although in 30 degree heat it feels much longer, especially the uphill walk back). For what we wanted the location was okay. It's VERY close to Siam park (5-10 minutes taxi ride). Luckily there is a small shop at the hotel and we were all inclusive anyway so did not need to go out much. If I was to go to Tenerife again, I would want to stay a little closer to the centre but I still enjoyed being out of it for this holiday in particular for only 1 week.

Secondly, the board/food. We were all inclusive. This was great, especially the drinks. There was a local beer, vodka, whisky, brandy, tequila, other liquors, certain cocktails, unlimited soft drinks, a hot drink machine and a juice machine (and water of course) available at breakfast and then mostly from 11am-11pm. As well as others you could pay for. The food was okay, breakfast was great, changed slightly day to day but the usual was there, english breakfast, fruit, yoghurts, cereals etc etc. Lunch was usually quite nice, a meat dish, pasta dish, potatoes of some form etc. For me, Dinner/Tea was the most disappointing. There was certainly choice and usually something I'd like, but I wasn't overly impressed as at times I felt everything on the plate tasted the same. But I wasn't expecting/paying for a 5 star hotel so I couldn't complain.

The hotel itself is quite nice. I can see peoples points about the condition. There's the odd cracked tile etc etc but it's really just nit picking, the pool was clean. The rooms were well furnished and clean. The staff were friendly, the entertainment is aimed at children but that didn't affect us. The rush for sunbeds at 9am was a slight annoyance but it was never too bad. The lack of A/C was obviously not ideal but we hired a fan and with the balcony doors open it was bearable. There was building works going on right opposite the hotel (on the side of our room) so it was really noisy from 8.30 to about 5ish which was an absolute pain but of course that is not the hotel's fault.

Overall the hotel is what you would expect for a 3* decent enough as long as you go with managed expectations. I really enjoyed my holiday there though and would recommend it!

2  Thank Amsterdambaby