“Brilliant Holiday and Lovely Hotel”
Review of Hacienda Del Sol

Hacienda Del Sol
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is brilliant, in an ideal location, got everything you need around it! I went with 3 friends back in May and I am shocked at some of the reviews! The hotel has a good sized pool, lovely pool bar with very friendly staff.. The Veronicas Strip is very closely located which was brilliant for me and my friends who wanted to have a good week away, overall I was very happy with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone! Can't wait to go back in december!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Me and 9 other friends stayed at Hacienda Del Sol from the 16th-23rd of July this year and all found the hotel great. I obviously have no idea what the hotel was like before we stayed, but when I read the previous reviews (thieving, robbery, injury etc.) I was honestly quite scared to stay here! Having said that, our stay was brilliant and we had no problems with theft in the hotel or anything like that and when we arrived our room was clean with fresh bed linen and towels. I assume they improved security just before we came, looking at past reviews, because there was always a security guard walking around, and 4 times during the week we were actually asked to be quiet. After midnight we were told we weren't allowed on our balcony because of the noise. So in my opinion noise levels were kept to a minimum (although I was always quite drunk by this point). That said, this is NOT a place that I would consider suitable for families, but it is a great place to stay for clubbing holidays (the reason me and my friends went) and is literally a 2 minute walk from the strip. The hotel wasn't 5*, you get what you pay for, but we were comfortable and the facilities were fine. The hob worked excellently and there was enough kitchen equipment for everything we needed to cook. The shower was no power shower, but it was powerful enough and despite deviations in temperature (all you then need to do is turn the tap slightly) we never had a problem with it. At one point one of us broke the flusher on the toilet and it was fixed almost immediately free of charge. Contrary to what many of the other reviews say, the maids came every day, and you are given a sign to put on the door to tell them whether you would like your room cleaned or not, and we were always given new towels when the maid came. The pool area is nice and the bar/ restaurant served nice food too. They were always helpful at reception and when we checked out, as our plane wasn't for a few more hours, they gave us 20 minutes in a room just before we left to change/ shower etc.
All in all me and my friends had a great stay at this hotel, and as mentioned, had no problems with theft. That being said, we were on the highest floor, not the ground floor, and always made sure that we didn't leave any windows or doors open when we were out and one of us was always around if we did have the balcony door and windows open. I hope this has been helpful!

2  Thank I-Sophie_123
Reviewed August 2, 2012

me and 10 of my friends (all girls) visited the Hacienda Del Sol in July this year for a week. We had an absolutely amazing time and would tell anyone to go!

We were all worried after reading some of the terrible reviews on here about robberies etc at the hotel, but we had no problems whatsoever. We didn't put our money in the safes we just kept it in our suitcases with locks on. We had no break-ins/forced entry/robberies, and didn't feel threatened at any time. The security at Hacienda was brilliant, they have a security guard at the gate every night all through the night, who only lets in people staying at the hotel. The guards are great fun and always there to help.

As for the nightlife, the apartments are literally on the strip, you can't get much closer, its in a perfect location. The bars/clubs we went to the most were Rumours (try the dentists chair) and Tramps which was the big club on the Starco strip. We were told to go to the Starco strip and to try and avoid Veronicas strip as there was more chance of pickpocketing etc. on Veronicas, but we went there a couple of nights and had no problems.

There are loads of people trying to sell stuff on the streets, and we got roped into paying 50euros for a party called 'Mayhem'. We were offered a lot of things like free alcohol, t-shirts, free stuff when we got there, so we all paid a deposit and then met up with the guy again and paid the full 50. It was like a bar crawl so it was a lot of fun with drinking games etc, but maybe not worth the 50euros, because we didn't get half the stuff we were promised (we did get 10 bottles of free spirits though). You end up having to pay more on the actual night out, so don't be fooled into thinking 50euros is all it will cost, but if you fancy it, go for it, its a really good night.

Overall we had a fantastic holiday and we didn't want to leave. The Hacienda was perfect for us for what we wanted, the rooms were fine and clean, we got what we paid for. The pool/bar area is fine, not very big but everyone managed to get a space in the day for sunbathing etc, maybe just not a sunbed.

Don't let any bad reviews put you off this place, its perfect for a girls/lads holiday for people who are just looking for good nights out.

1  Thank mcmanus__7
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I, after many other reviewers, was absolutely terrified after reading the reviews from others about this hotel - but I couldn't have been more wrong! We heard of no robberies when we were there, and the whole area felt safe, granted the odd pushy salesman, but just travel in at least twos and you'll be fine. Agreed, if you are a family with younger kids or are not there to party, then you may be disturbed, but the security guard does ensure you're quiet. The maids are brilliant - they even made a swan out of our towels! I would recommend a safe, though our room was not broken into anyway! It was a lovely place for our first holiday - was really nice to have a rep too (go Kenny) and everyone was really friendly!

2  Thank Rebekah R
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel was great, not 5* but you get what you pay for. There are security guards around 24/7, we stayed for a week, there were 6 of us and no-one got anything stolen and we had a safe.

It is in the perfect location, the strip is literally 2 minutes away. I would suggest that you go to the first strip you come to on the left hand side before you reach the veronica's. When we were there there was a bit of trouble over at the veronica's and my friend had her bag cut.

However, if you go to the first strip where Linekers, Mett bar, Tramps and Rags are you will have an amazing time and be safe as well. The best bar over there has got to be Branigans, you have to go there. We went there the first night and then went back every night of our holiday. The staff are great, especially the two shot girls Hannah and Jodie, they are Tenerife legends!

If you're going with Thomsons or first choice your rep will probably be Kenny. If it is you're in for the best holiday of your life. He is so much fun, gets you involved in everything, our holiday wouldn't be the same without him!

Final few messages: Don't worry about the safety of the hotel, it will be fine. You have to go to Branigans, and bring lots of money, trust me, i went for a week and spent 400 euros. It was worth every cent!

1  Thank Serena C
Reviewed July 22, 2012

After we booked our holiday to the Hacienda Del Sol, we found the reviews. They terrified us; tales of people being robbed, unclean rooms, nasty maids, etc...
All i have to say is that we had no trouble at all with the hotel. Its a Twenties hotel, so we weren't expecting 5*, but it does what it says on the tin. Its basic, but clean, its spacious, there's a balcony, there are kitchen appliances and the shower worked. The room was cleaned daily (the maid was friendly + didn't rob us) and to a good standard really; beds made, bathroom cleaned etc.
The first thing we did when we got there, however, was got a safe. You re-set the password once you get the safe, and so you can be sure that only the people you tell the 6 digit combination will be able to access the safe. I would most certainly recommend the safe - even if just for peace of mind. No need to worry about your passport or money!
As i said, we had no trouble with the hotel, but youll need to get up before 10 if you want a sunbed by the pool, as the sunbed to people ratio isnt great. But the beach is 5 minutes round the corner. As is everything else for that matter - EVERYTHING IS CLOSE. Its brilliant. Would recommend it to anyone aged 18 - 30 DEFFO NOT A FAMILY PLACE! Too loud at ridiculous times in the morning when drunken teenagers arrive home (not a problem if youre the teenager though..)

Room Tip: pool view was great :) allows you to see what sunbeds are available in the morning - so you can be p...
1  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I'm 18 and I've just returned from a week long holiday with 5 other girls my age.

Before I went away, I read a number of bad reviews and was quite worried about what we'd let ourselves in for..

But after arriving, I was quickly put at ease. The rooms are (admittedly) slightly dated, but have everything you need (ours had a balcony, kitchenette area, bathroom with bath and shower, storage space and beds). The staff are very helpful and were able to answer our quires. I'd heard a lot of stories about things being stolen from the rooms but we simply used our safe and had absolutely no problems with that.

The location for us was great, literally just a 2 min walk away from the clubs. As a group of 18 year old girls, this was great for us... But I would say that this probably isn't the hotel for you if you're looking for a quiet get away. Although it's easy to simply not go down to the clubs and spend a quite evening in, you do get people returning home in the early hours quite noisily. Security does attempt to quieten people down past a certain time though :)

So overal, I would say that the location is great (very short walk to the beach too!) and that it's a very resonable place to stay.. But probably only if a partying holiday is your kind of thing! Although saying that, it is avoidable but seems silly to me to go away to this location if that's not what you want!

Hope you enjoy your trip! :)

2  Thank Maud L