“Lovely place”

Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Me and my friend stayed here recently and we really enjoyed it. We've been to Las Americas before and this is definately the nicest area. It's near to the shops and ten minutes walk from the nightlife. The apartment was nice with a large balcony, slightly outdated decor but very clean and nicely kept. Food was nice and the dining room quiet, as was the pool at this time of year but still very hot. Would definately recommend and great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed here with my partner for a week - apartment good size and spotlessly clean. Only downside would be no kettle(took an age to boil water for cuppa in a pan) and lack of wardrobe space if there was more than 2 people. Pool area again was spotless, maybe could do with upgrading sunbeds to ones that you can adjust the position of the back but free and only 1euro to hire a mattress if required. Possibly a few more parasols too. Ideal location for Las Vistas beach - 5 minute stroll. Lots of bars/restaurants in immediate vicinity - some with very good entertainment. Try And catch Paul Stone as Billy Idle and a bit further afield try Bar 39 in Los Cristianos (taxi required unless your fit and dont mind an uphill climb but only 5 euros) - Krakka are the resident duo there and are great guys doing lots of popular songs with some hilarious comedy too. All in all a very good base (we had breakfast included which was very good) for a relaxing holiday at a very reasonable price

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Just arrived back from tenerife, the weather has been perfect to start, which made the holiday just perfect.

Ok, Andorra's Location

- minutes walk to the nearest beach which was lovely. However, would definitely recommend a cab or car hire to Costa Adeji - Playa Del Duque - BEAUTIFUL (few brits, lots of locals, much more up market from playa las americas, although a little expensive but well worth it!).

- 30 seconds away from a supermarket so ideal for those doing SC. We did BB so saved a bit of money getting snacks and drinks supplies.

- PLENTY of bars and restaurants that cater to all budgets, we dined cheap probably once, and spent less that 25euro on a 3 course meal with litre of sangria, and great service too. We also dined in what i would call 5 star quality, and I couldn't fault it - TRY MAMMA MIA! Beautiful & YUMMY! Paid about 70euros for a 3 course meal soft drinks and wine/sangria - would have paid double back here in london!

- Plenty of shopping, ZARA MANGO etc with local shops for all tastes!

So, hotel....

- CLEAN, towels and room tidied everyday.
- hotel reception staff were extremely friendly, helpful, informative and kind.
- Room, I suppose was pretty dated, but we honestly don't travel to admire hotel room, but views and surroundings, which did not disappoint.
- Views to mountains all around.
- Surrounding area of hotel was clean, safe and quite pretty actually (compared to other hotels and areas)
- Hotel pool we didn't try out, but it was often used, never over crowded, cleaned daily and pretty.

HOWEVER- it was closed at 6pm, so when i did want to go for an evening swim and sunbath I was kindly apologized too and was asked to vacate.

All around the hotel, there are flowers and trees and it is nicely kept.

Hotel reception has Internet that you have to pay for which was fine, and a restaurant that seemed cheap and cheerful! We didn't try it, but the breakfast was fine - not the best, but it did the job. Fry up every morning, with a selection of pastries and breads, fruit & yoghurt, and plenty of supply of hot and cold drinks. I would advise to get their early to ensure HOT food. 3 star quality.

We requested a pool view and got it, my boyfriend got sunstroke and the staff were very sweet and kindly gave us paracetamol during the early hours of the morning.

The Hotel was almost always quiet - although....once, there was an echo of loud music coming from nearby bars, which was a little frustrating, however it didn't last long at all. But could be a problem for families with little children... We didn't mind, were so exhausted we passed out and it wasn't too much trouble at all.

Overall, this is a lovely hotel, and our expectations were exceeded. Its cheap and cheerful- great for a 3 star...perfect for couples, families and oldies!!! lol

WOuld definitely recommend trip to volcano - particularly by hiring your own car that way you can explore and stop when you want.

Also ... You must see the dolphins and whales, do the trip on a catamaran, it was breath taking and BEAUTIFUL - See wendy and nathan at the ticket box down on the beach...they were very kind and helpful!

Great holiday!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissBrownLondon
Reviewed September 7, 2010

self catering for 2 weeks, my husband ,14 yr old daughter and I. excellent all round, room,linen cleaned every day. very close to all kinds of entertainments, 5 min walk to beach. not disturbed at all by parque de plaz, no complaints what so ever.
highly recomend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I have just come back from spending 1 week at the Andorra, half board. I have been to Tenerife 6 times now and have stayed in some beautiful hotels, Vulcano, Mare Nostrum to name a few. This year I needed a hotel that had two bedrooms, this isn't easy to find but the Andorra offered this, the usual hotels I like, don't.
We arrived at aprox 11pm, the reception is manned 24hrs. Reception area is ok and staff were very nice and helpful. Safe cost approx 1.50 euros a day plus 40euro refundable deposit. We walked to our apartment through the pool area which is very nice. Our apartment was quite large but old fashioned with old looking furniture, no balcony and no air conditioning. From the reviews I had already read on here I got the impression that all rooms had both of these. I went to reception to ask about this and they asked me to come back tomorrow and they'd see what they could do. I didn't unpack just in case. Beds were pretty uncomfortable really and it was very warm so none of us slept well. I noticed when looking around that there seemed to be a distinct difference in apartments, the ones around the pool area looked lovely and with the lights on you could see they had different interiors, a differwnt standard of room possibly. The day after we were moved to another apartment which had a balcony which looked onto the Vulcano hotel. A room with airconditioning wasn't available. This apartment was on two floors and very spacious but again very old fashioned but it was ok. Light didn't work on balcony so had to take the lamp out, hairdryer didn't work in bathroom but I had taken mine anyway, seemed to be little things like that that let it down, it wasn't one of the 'pool area' apartments.
We stayed half board and breakfast was very nice, buffet style. Dinner was nice but very little choice, small selection of salad and usually 1 fish dish, 1 chicken and a veg option and chips were always on, much more choice was needed but not many guests seemed to have dinner anyway, usually about 10 people eating at one time. There was a little bar area which was nice. Two compters available in this area for internet use. It states there is wireless access in the hotel, there isn't as we took a laptop for my son who was waiting for A level results, he couldn't get access.
I have never seen a cockeroach in Tenerife let alone in my apartment....we caught 3 in our apartment! This is possibly due to having the windows open due to no airconditioning but I didn't like it, they're massive! The apartments were predominantly Spanish/German, very few English.
Tenerife is great, location of apartment is great and I had a brill holiday but I wouldn't go back to the Andorra.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Joo070
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Just landed from a 10-day holiday in Playa de Las Americas, Hotel A. Andorra. We initially booked a 4* hotel, but I canceled when I came across a promotion of 30% discount of Hotel A. Andorra (for bookings for August) and decided to go for this one. I was a bit nervous considering the price was half than the one (4*) we initially booked. However, they exceeded our expectations, for the price paid: we got a swimming pool view room, very nice, decorated in a simple way but with good taste (I especially liked the green furniture). Very spacious: living room, bathroom and huge balcony.

Very clean (every day: thorough cleaning in the room, beds made, towels changed as often as needed, garbage removed, ashtrays washed).

The beds are a bit too hard for me, but starting the 2nd night I got used and slept very well.

Nice pool, and enough sunbeds (we only used them twice, and for 2-3 hours in total, as we preferred the beach).

Very good breakfast (except the juice, but understandable if you think at the cost; if not included in the room price like we had it, it was 5 euro p.p.). Eggs (boiled, fried, scrambled), bacon, baked beans (except on weekends), ham, cheese, salami, sausages (these were not so good for my taste and unfortunately no mustard, or I have not found it :)), multiple breads, fruits (fresh, from cans, and dried), tomatoes, sweats (doughnuts, croissants, other patisserie), butter and honey/jams, cereals, coffee (soluble, not very good but more than acceptable) including decaf, teas, etc – all in abundance (replenished before promptly they are finished).

AC seemed to work properly, although we did not use it more than 1/2 – 1 hour in total. Music speaker in the room (on/off, volume), was available up to approx 1-2 am.

I found the area very quiet, I really cannot understand the previous comment (or maybe except if they wanted to sleep very early). However, bars/restaurants – within easy reach.

Location was very good for (I think) the best beach in the area (playa las vistas) – 10-15 min slow walk. A bit far from Veronicas (15-20 min slow walk). Close to bus station.

Kitchen really fully equipped (plates of 3 or 4 kinds, bolls of different sizes, coffee filter, glasses of 2 kinds, forks, knives, pots, wine bottle opener, even can opener etc. etc.). But the food in terraces is reasonable priced – I think it would be a pity to selfcater instead of enjoying the various types of dishes in Playa de Las Americas or other areas – it was great, everywhere we’ve been (only one exception with some bad paella).

Few small minuses (however, from my point of view – negligible in overall terms): wardrobe space very small (for family with small kids it may be a small problem – we were 2 people and it was relatively ok). Soap not replaced when almost finished (but we had with us from other hotels :)). First night we slept with the window opened and we had a cockroach visiting us – but I think this is a general problem in Playa de Las Americas (or maybe even Tenerife?), we saw them all around the resort during the night. We told the reception and I think they sprayed some insecticides; we also kept the window closed during the night – and no unwelcomed visitors during the next 9 nights. You need to pay to watch the TV (1 euro / hour) – this is a bit annoying, but (1) it is cheap and (2) there are so many things to do in Tenerife that you may forget about any TV watching – we never used it (and the good thing from my point of view is that it was in leavingroom, not in bedroom).

Finally: there are 2 buildings (1) renovated building with AC (where we stayed) and (2) non-renovated building without AC. So my advice is to make sure before in which building you will stay (I assume that if you book “Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra 3-star hotel” – it should be the renovated building). Some pictures already posted are taken from the non-renovated building. I’ll also post some pictures.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danut_2000
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My partner and I stayed at these apartments in June. Although the apartments are spotless and great value for money - we needed another holiday when we came back. The noise here was unbelieveable. Because the apartments face another complex called Parque La Paz you wont get a wink of sleep. The Andorra are very quiet themselves but the other complex kept many of the guests up all night. Every morning at breakfast, people were complaining about the noise.
We are in our late 20s so enjoy a bit of banter and know how to enjoy ourselves. We even complained to Parque La Paz and they told us it had nothing to do with us. Because the Andorra faces this complex, there is no getting away from it. The noise would start at 2.30am with music systems being turned on full tilt on 3 different balconies. This would continue until the yobs fell asleep or the very early hours of the morning. The staff are fantastic in the Andorra, its just a pity that Little Britain is next door.
Maybe if you are planning a trip, find out when the english schools break up and avoid this time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple