Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel from the 7th-14th September and found it to be excellent. Firstly, the staff are excellent and full of advice, and are very friendly and approachable, as well as all speaking excellent English. We first encountered this upon arrival, when we were informed that because we had asked for a pool view, that we would be upgraded to the hotel building itself (which were much more updated, spacious and had air-con) free of charge due to a cancellation the day before.
The rooms were well kept and very clean, with nice touches added such as fresh towels daily (although you'd expect it) and a complimentary bottle of water already in the fridge. The cleaners came to our room every day, and cleaned it top to bottom every other day, everything in the room was also well kept, however, the decor did need updating somewhat.
The hotel itself is in a wonderful location, just a short walk down the hill (5 minutes tops) will take you to a Mango shop on the corner, where you turn left to walk into Los Cristianos (5 minutes walk) or right onto what is the start of the main strip, which has some wonderful and fairly priced restaurants. I'd recommend El Cedro for a great breakfast (which is also half the cost of the hotels breakfast), Daniels Cafe for some delicious home made pizzas, and Las Rosas for steak lovers. Just a further walk past these restaurants will take you onto the strip, however, be aware on the strip as there are a large number of pick pockets about although we never encountered any.
If you are looking for a beach holiday however, I would not choose this area of Tenerife as the beaches are mainly rocky, with 2 sunbeds and a shabby looking parasol costing €19 per day. This would therefore leave you with the pool area, which is where our only complaint would creep in. We tended to find that the time we stayed in the hotel, it was not the pool area itself that caused issue (the pool areas was pleasant and clean, however, the pool was rather on the cold side), it was actually the people staying in the hotel. I'm not sure if this is a problem often occurred in this hotel, but we found that there were not enough parasols for the amount of beds at the pool side, and although the hotel runs a policy which states by the pool side that beds and parasols cant be reserved, they still were anyway, resulting in us having to get up at 9am every morning to reserve our own beds, something, which not everyone would be happy doing.
Overall, the hotel was well kept and most importantly clean, and the development of Las Americas and Los Cristianos has been outstanding since I was last there in 2009. Las Americas and Andorra are definitely somewhere I will happily stay again, and also, recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 500 metres from Tenerife's Las Vistas Beach, this aparthotel offers 2 outdoor swimming pools, one heated in winter. The spacious, air-conditioned apartments have a private terrace and well-equipped kitchen. Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra is located in Playa de la Américas, just 450 metres from Las Américas Golf Course. There are many shops, restaurants and lively bars within a 5-minute walk. A varied buffet breakfast is served in the Andorra's restaurant. Snacks are available throughout the day at the poolside bar. Guests can also relax with a drink in the lounge bar. Each apartment has tiled floors and simple wooden furniture. Kitchenettes include a fridge, hob and cooking utensils. Safes and TVs can be rented from the 24-hour reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Andorra Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel-Apartamentos Andorra Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas