“Could really be a lot better”

Park Club Europe Hotel
Switzerland
“Could really be a lot better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I spent a week here in April with my young daughters and a friend and her kids. The week was fun though we had to overlook and "make do" with a lot of "details" to make it so. First of all the good: location, close to the beach and the stores; pool area, awesome for kids; kids' club, very cute area with a special pool with slides and waterfalls; entertainment, the entertainment team is great (and talented I have to say) though I found myself wondering how they manage to be that upbeat all day long; layout of the room, two separate areas, great for a family. Now to the bad: cockroaches, I guess I had read this really is a problem in Tenerife but I was not prepared for how big and sneaky they are. What bothered me more than the actual 'roaches was the staff's attitude, the first thing they did was ask me if I had left food out (making it appear it was my fault...and of course I had not left food out) and then they told me someone would come. No apology whatsoever (I know it's not their fault but if I was a hotel manager I would at least say I am sorry). A very nice lady from housekeeping came a bit later and sprayed the whole room. The next day I had them give me a bottle of killer spray and took care of the beasts myself for the rest of the stay. The room wasn't very clean to start with (it smelled like mould too) and the upstairs bathtub leaked through our ceiling (which was probably the origin of the smell). This was fixed on day 3 and only after I talked to the receptionists twice and finally caught the maintenance guy doing some other work and talked him into following me to my room. The bar by the pool is a mess. People eat at the poolside tables and no one cleans their mess up. This means fries on the floor and plastic cups everywhere. The restaurant isn't great, the food is cold and only the pizza is truly good. I think this hotel's biggest problem is that it's understaffed. Staff are constantly stressed out and the only ones smiling were the bar keepers and the pizza guy. I won't even get into all the fees you have to pay for "extra" things as others have written about that before me. All in all I will not be back and I will not be recommending this hotel to friends. It's too bad, because it has got a lot of potential but for the price we payed I have stayed at much much better places.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Redcloudy
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Park Club Europe Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Customer;
Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing us for your holidays and for sending this review that we consider constructive. Customer impressions are always very important to us, and motivate us to improve our service every day.
We regret that you could not meet your expectations.
Best regards
The management team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

We were a party of 6 adults, we requested 3 rooms together and were given Laguna 101-103, these apartments have connecting doors so we could go between rooms. The sun was on the balcony at the front in the morning and the balcony at the back had the sun in the afternoon. The beds are very comfortable. This area is especially good if you have children as the pool was right outside. There were plenty of sunbeds and lots of secluded areas for sunbathing. The hotel itself was lovely, the food was really good but like some reviewers I have to agree that the snacks could have been hotter. This did not spoil our stay. The staff were all really nice and pleasant .The entertainment team were very good too. Our only complaint which was not the fault of the hotel was cockroaches! We were given a spray but most nights we would find a few. We were told by a friend who stays in Tenerife that the cockroaches are especially bad just now. The area the hotel is in is great. We were not leaving till 4pm and the hotel provided us with a room to freshen up before leaving, which we really appreciated. I would deffinitly go back to this hotel again and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank caz61
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your comment. It's great for us to know that your stay in our hotel has been so satisfactory for you.
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your vacation and we hope to see you soon.
Bolton England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a good hotel which I chose after reading the reviews on trip advisor. Do go all inclusive as it is a really good deal. There is entertainment every night and they do try to be as professional as possible, but like all holiday entertainment to several nationalities it suffers from the language repetition.
When I was there beginning of May it was dominated by Italians, then Spanish then Germans with very few brits, but language was not a problem.
Dining is different as they only have tables of 8 or 10. It is buffet style so you get your food and then find a table where you want to sit. If you don't like sharing go at the start of meal times but I personally got used to it and as a single it was a good way of meeting people. At night there is wine with the meal as bottles are left on the table to help yourself. Food is plentiful and cleanliness excellent, however, it is a bit on the bland side.
Poolside plenty of beds all day even though the hotel was supposed to be full. One downside is they ask for deposit on beach towels and charge 2 euros per day, so take your own or buy one locally 5 euros or less. If you want shade there are loads of trees and parasol areas.
Rooms are a very good size with good social space and international tv. The beds are on the firm side. My only niggle was that they were parsimonious with the provision of soap in the bathroom. Buy a tablet but you shouldn't have to do it. If you have mobility problems then you need to be certain to get one of the 4 disabled rooms or near the one lift. Rooms are mainly only 3storeys high but are only accessed by stairs.

There is a pets corner which is great with the kids.

My flight home was evening but they provided a room for changing with no problem.
I would certainly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one overlooking gardens and away from entertainment centre
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Montygym
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Park Club Europe Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear guest,
First of all, we want to thank you for choosing our hotel on your holidays and sharing your review on TripAdvisor.
It is very important for us to know the point of view of our clients in order to improve our services.
Thanks again and hope to see you again in Park Club Europe.
The management team.
eastbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My adult family and friends stayed at the Park Club Europe in January. The hotel is great for everyone. We were all inclusive. It has a good bar and entertainment, the animation team try to involve you in the many activities on offer. There are several pools catering for all. The young kids would love the animals and birds. The rooms were your average 3* but very comfortable, spacious and clean. The hotel is in an ideal spot to get to anywhere Las Americas/Los Cristianos etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for these kind words. We love knowing that you enjoyed in our hotel.
We hope to welcome you soon in Park Club Europe.
The management team.
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were there for 1week in April with 2childreen(5 and 9 years old).
The hotel has got a very good location, about 5 minutes walk and there are everything, like restaurants, shops or the Hard Rock Cafe!:)
We had a room, which was big enough. It was clean and there were a seperate part for the kids with a double bed, and there was a bedroom for the adults and a small living room with a big sofa and the tv, and there were a big balcony.
The bathroom was also big enough, the only problem was sometimes when I had a showee the water was strange!:) When I wanted warm it was cold and if I wantex cold it was hot.
The restaurant was really good, maybe the tables could be a bit cleaner..., but the food and the staff also were nice.
The swimming-pool area was very nice and there were many things to do for the kids.
They loved the garden with the animals.
Tenerife is a wonderfull place, we loved it!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Dianaszent
Dear guest,
First, we want to thank the comment you left about our hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and we wish to thank you for your open words.
We truly hope that we could welcome you back once more and show you our passion for our industry.
Chester le Street
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

1st April for 12 nights and again this hotel has everything you need. 4 of us and our 2 grandchildren. Again the hotel has everything for all ages, the entertainment guys make the hotel just a great place to be, bringing all the guests together with their fun packed activities. My only negative is the food which was not as good as my last 2 previous visits, some of the "hot food" was cold which was noticeable, apart from that the staff are always brilliant and will be back for another helping. Thanks again for a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you and the animation team again, keep up the great work. - Alan & June Newbigin from Chester-le Street (between Newcastle & Durham) xx

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan N
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Park Club Europe Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear guest,
First of all, thank you for writing this comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and we will keep it in mind in order to improve our service.
We truly hope that we could welcome you back once.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My hubby and myself stayed here for one week at the end of march,location is excellent,food is very very good,in fact the best food we have ever had in an all inclusive hotel.The hotel is very clean,and the staff are lovely and friendly,We were in room L244 which is over the other side,away from reception,but it is very quiet,and if we looked to the left,we could see the sea,these rooms are near to the baby pools,which have sand surrounding them,and are nice and safe for the kiddies.We went round the big pool,nearer to the bar etc.Breakfast is delicious,we didnt go in for lunch,we snacked round the pool,the pastries are just too tempting,we got quite addicted to them,but there are plenty of snacks to choose from.The evening meal is just wonderful,and i know the tables sit 8 people,but this didnt bother us in the slightest,we enjoyed sitting with different nationalities,a simple smile and hello goes a long way.There is something going on every day,but if we had to get off the sun bed,then we just were not interested,but it was great for the younger ones.There are loads of sun beds,they can be a little close together,so we would just move one away.We would defo stay here again,if only for the pastries,ha,and just one more thing,now and again just give the bar staff etc a euro or two,they very much appreciate it,and with the all inclusive,this seems to have deterred people from doing this.Thank you to all the staff for making our stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Laguna rooms are quieter and near the baby beach pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lyreco471
Europehotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Park Club Europe Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear guest,
Thanks for your comment. It's great for us to know that your stay in our hotel has been so satisfactory for you.
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel on your vacation and we hope to see you soon.