Me and my other half booked Udalla Park mainly because of it's price and location, basing it on the fact it was close to a hotel we had stayed at in June which was ideal, but unavailable for our dates. We'd read reviews about ants, noisy nights, and all that jazz, but decided that some people are just fussy so we would see for ourselves.
We arrived at Tenerife airport around 21:00 so it was dark when we got there, on departure by shuttle bus for our transfer we approached the familiar Las Americas. You always joke about hoping not to be dropped off at unattractive hotels, but when we arrived outside Udalla, our names were called and my heart sank from the shock. You can't judge a book by it's cover, so we decided not to knock it until we tried it. As I have problems with my ankles, it was a major first factor that it wasn't anywhere near where we stayed before, and quite a distance, but hoped we could overcome this once inside the hotel.
The attendant at the desk was probably the only positive I could quote while here as she was very lovely and welcoming, and also very knowledgeable about their on site facilities.
The reception area was still nothing to go by as it seemed about the same attractiveness as the exterior,so we hauled our luggage upstairs to our room and on entry there was an instant smell of uncleanliness. The room was like a sauna which, on searching, offered no air conditioning which I thought would be standard in the hot climate of Tenerife.
The apartment had a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen area, balcony and roof terrace (which would be nicer if it was more private). There was thick dust over the TV, stains on the bed covers, and hairs from previous guests in on the sheets which made us both cringe.
To be honest we both knew right away that we'd be unhappy here, but would be unable to do anything until the morning so we (attempted to) get a nights sleep. As the room was so hot, I opened the balcony door, but due to the hotel being on a main road, there was masses of noise from passing cars, late nighters and motorbikes. I put up with this for so long, and couldn't take any more so I shut the door and we both slept in boiling temperatures.
The following day we were in touch with Easyjet who could not move us to another hotel until the following night, but we were not staying here another night so decided to find a nicer, closer to town hotel off our own backs.
Ants and spiders!!!!:
We had left some crossoints in sealed packaging, and some snacks which were also sealed on the kitchen worktop for about an hour, when going to pack them up, we'd found an infestation of hundreds of micro ants had got into everything! This tipped us over the edge and we wanted to get out of here as soon as we could.
We were about to leave, and my partner picked up her suitcase in the bedroom to find that it was swarming with tiny money spiders (not happy as she has a fear of them).
We checked out of the hotel and explained the situation, what a relief, we walked out, found a new hotel, and never returned thankfully!
I'm not a fussy person by any means, but the four negatives were; the 15 minute walk to get to the hotel we'd stayed in previously, then another 15 minutes into the town centre. The noise at night was a big one, the air conditioning, and the ants and spiders topped it off.
I realise many people have had a great experience here, so it may depend on the room, and how far people are willing/able to walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION: Situated in the centre of Playa de las Americas at approximately 600 m from the equipped beach of Las Vistas and a beautiful large promenade. Around the hotel you can find lots of Restaurants, Bars, Shops and Markets. ACCOMODATION : 93 studios completely renewed in 2008, 4 floors and 2 elevators. STUDIOS: Maximum capacity: 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children There are 93 spacious studios with living room/kitchen and bedroom which are separated by being situated on two levels. They have spacious terraces, telephones, televisions, safe (as extra), refrigerators and kitchens. The apartments have modern furniture and benefit from having fire alarm installed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Udalla Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Udalla Park Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Udalla Park Tenerife
- Aparthotel Udalla Park Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas