“Clean, lovely staff and nice pool area”

Apartamentos Playazul
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for a stag do n it was brilliant. No bother from staff as we were coming home in the early hrs of the morning and making alot of noise. Cracking pool area which really caught the sun. Nice little pool bar selling ur basic toasties, burgers, chips etc and of course alcohol. Rooms were clean but basic and ideal for a quick change around and a good nights sleep. Close to the main strip and plenty of amenities. Wouldnt say its ideal for families but more for groups of young people who are there to party.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here from march 10th to 17th march with my husband Good points.Staff pleasant enough though we didnt have much to do with them.Rooms basic but very clean.Lots of steps in complex but that didnt bother us,though i wouldnt like to have a pram with me.If you could pick up the Playazul and put it in a different part of playa de las americas it would be great as in my opinion its when you step outside that you realise you are in the roughest part of playa de las americas.You are pestered by lucky lucky men every few minutes and people trying to get you into the pubs and also you would need to watch your wallets /handbags around this area.Plenty of prostitute and pimps touting openly.I wouldnt stay here again because of the area its in and i would never consider bringing a child here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Corkonians
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My son and I stayed at these apartments last week I apartment was a good size but abit dark as you couldn't open the curtains in the kitchen and bathroom as people walking by could see in. Balcony a good size. beds comfy . Nice pool and reception areas. Housekeeping not great towels changed twice a week not good if you have 2 showers a day and apartment not always cleaned properly but the beds were changed half way through the week. The people in the next apartment made a lot of noise returning in the early hours which was very inconsiderate. We asked for a room that got the sun in the late afternoon at the time of booking but we didn't get one so I was a bit disappointed . On the whole we did enjoy our stay despite the negative points as we would go back .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here in October 2012 for a week with my partner. Have to say when we arrived I was petrified. Looking at the hotel from the front I had no idea what to expect and from reading just ok reviews, thought we were going to have a terrible time. When we arrived, the receptionist was lovely and welcoming she then told us how to get to our room.... Wish she had told us how to get in though, could not figure it out. Luckily our neighbours heard us and helped.

Anyway, hotel could use with a massive re-vamp if I'm honest. Kitchen was horrible, but apart from that the room was ok! You get what you pay for. We were on the bottom level right next to the pool so was so easy for us to get along, always get a sun lounger aswell! Hotel was really quiet when we first arrived, and only got busier while we were there.

The bar at the pool was reasonable, served most drinks and food was ok! Not a great variety, chips, burgers, hot dogs.

Hotel I would say is pretty in the middle, few minutes to a supermarket, and a 5 minute walk along to most restaurants and beach. At night you can hear the clubs and pubs clear as anything, so i suggest if you were not after this that you ask for a room on the opposite side as to where we were.

Only a few things I wasn't overly impressed with - could have used more towels, were given 1 each to last us 3 days, asked at reception and they happily gave us more. The pool is salt water but you get used to it.

I would recommend going here if you are only after a budget holiday, that's what we wanted and got. Overall we had a really good time and I would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms up the top are quieter. Our room was right next to the pool so would be ideal fro families a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Only being 18 I have been to all of the Canary island and have to say Tenerife is definetly one of the best ...I stayed here the last week in August and was a cheap stay for a week .The appartment was big (2sharing)2 beds ( with a couch and spacious balcony) .
Stayed on self catering very clean the maids clean the entire room even organise your makeup and fold you clothes !!!! This is in the CENTRE of playa las americas 2 min walk to the main strip (Veronica's) if even ... Hotel staff are nice enough for what they put up with,,didn't pass much heed of them !! internet cost is €1 for 10minutes ,,, hotel had a mixture of ages when I was there from young children to teens to older people ,,, I loved every minute of my holiday people are very friendly and there is a variety of restaurants and bars on the doorstep of playa azul ..must go to SNAPPY's for the breakfast all Irish for €2 to cure the hangover ... Drink is too cheap and there is great waterparks !! over all I would reccomend these appartments to anyone ..going back again this year !!!! :D

Room Tip: Choose block X access pool easier .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sarah k
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had to write another review as the name has changed and my previous review has dissapeared!!!! I took my two daughters here for our first holiday in Tenerife it was appalling. The apartments were dirty, the manager was rude and to be honest if you had paid a pound a night you would have still been better off sleeping in a public toilet. The patio doors have a 6inch gap when closed, the kitchen cupboard under the sink had a box of mice poison in it??? there were stains on the sofa which can only be described as looking like semen, the bathroom was absolutely grim. We had taken a towel to the beach, there was no guidelines explaining that this was not allowed, on our return we hung it to dry with the intention of shaking it free of sand once dry. However the so called cleaners had taken it and informed the manager of our so called mis-demeaner and they were demanding 25 euro (for a replacement hand towel). I suggested washing it for them or replacing it with a beach towel (4 euros across the road), but they declined. The following morning our transfer was booked for 5am but reception refused to give us a wake up call because of the towel so we had to stay awake all night to be sure we didn't miss it.This made our journey home a nightmare we were all exhausted. I would never go back there again, the manager definately needs customer service training.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bridone
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed there last week for 5 day (Deecember 2012) thought I'd time travelled back to the lates 70's. Old fashioned its 2012 no kettle! the cooker and rings were ancient. RENT TV 15 EURO FOR 5days , beds hard, towels like rags just awful. Pool freezing no bar I'll stiop now youve got the picture, go somewhere else

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family