“First time all inclusive and loved it.”

Aparthotel Parque de la Paz
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel about 8 times and was going to go somewhere else last year but when looking on line we got a good deal and they had just started going all inclusive, so we booked it. 7 of us all together. We had a fantastic time. My daughter was 8 years old and loved it being up late, watching the entertainment. I can't understand all the reviews on here saying there kids can't get to sleep because of the entertainment, it goes on until midnight, you and the kids are on holiday enjoy yourselfs, it don't take long to get back into a routine. The food was lovely. Lovely weather, met some lovey people. As for the sunbeds they are chained up until 8.30 so you can't camp out on them in the early hours to get one. We got up at 8.30 and got 7 so it's not as bad as they say. The entertainment wasnt as good as the years before when Cara and bobby were there. Cara does a show at the happy daze bar underneath parque la paz so we went there one night to see her as were quite a few guest from parque la paz who has been before and knew Cara and Bobby. We are going back on the 16th of this month and can't wait.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda P

Reviewed September 6, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks on an all inclusive basis in August. On arrival we were very pleased with the surroundings and also our apartment. The apartments are very spacious and spotless (cleaned 6 days out of 7). The only thing we were disappointed with at first was the location of our balcony meant we did not get the sun at all, however when it was reaching temperatures of around 37 every day it was quite nice to have a bit of shade to cool down in. The tv is coin operated, but mostly spanish channels, I think there was sky news and cnn, but they were really the only English ones, but who goes on holiday to watch tv anyway? The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and very well maintained, everyday you would see the staff power hosing, painting etc.

The staff at the hotel, unlike some reviewers on here, we found to be very pleasant. We never had any issue of anyone being rude or grumpy towards us, I think if you are pleasant to them and have manners such as please and thank you there are no real issues. Andreas, who works at the poolside bar is especially worth a mention. He was very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble for him, always smiling and wouldn't pass without saying hello. Considering these guys were there from around 10 am until midnight about 6 days out of 7, I thought the staff were great.

The food at the hotel was fine. I wouldn't say it was fantastic, but it wasn't bad either. I am quite a fussy eater, and still found something each day I would eat. Plus if you are a big salad eater there is plenty of fresh salad available. As far as the drinks were concerned I honestly cannot find any fault. Beer and wine on tap, self service and was actually really nice, which I wasn't expecting. Also, the cocktails are lovely, there are only 3 on the menu, but if you ask the bar staff they will pretty much make you anything you like.

Location of the hotel was excellent, perfect for us. The beach was literally a couple of minutes walk from the hotel, and just down the street from the hotel there are numerous bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets. The patch, which is mainly bars and comedian shows etc was about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel, and the veronicas centre with all the clubs is around 10-15 minutes. It does get a bit frustrating as you cannot walk 10 feet without someone trying to sell you sunglasses, or trying to get you into their bar/club, but this is not just a problem in Tenerife, as I have experienced it on many holidays. It does just take you to say NO and walk on or they keep following you and trying to give you 'special deals'. But overall the location of the hotel is brilliant.

The entertainment at the hotel, we were very happy with. I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Van Elliot was a really lovely man, who loves his job and is so enthusiastic about it. As for those complaining about him 'nagging' about pens being returned WISE UP. When bingo or the quiz was on he would put out a bucket full of pens for people to borrow, and would always say could everyone please make sure you return the pens? I don't understand why people are complaining about this and think its just petty to be honest. Why should he have to spend half an hour every night at around midnight, walking round all the tables and picking up pens and off the ground that people are too lazy to bring back (the same people who would complain the next night if they didnt have a pen for bingo!!) And as for the raffle, it was 1 euro! And you didnt have to buy one of you didnt want to so stop moaning. We bought 1 everynight and won 2 bottles of champagne and 2 bottles of sparkling cider, we also won 50 euro on the bingo which I had never played before in my life but was great fun. The shows were great, Mister Sister a comedy drag show was hilarious, also the snake show and parrot show were very entertaining. Also the guy from Black Lace was brilliant and had everyone joining in and singing. Van also does his own show which involves fire eating which was great. The only show that wasn't the best was the freddie mercury act, he just couldnt sing lol but it was still entertaining.

Outside the hotel I would strongly recommend EL MOLINO BLANCO which is a beautiful restaurant. It cost us 6 euro from our hotel in a taxi. It is quite expensive but it is so worth it. The atmosphere is amazing, the food delicious and the entertainment was great. It was a special occasion for us and they gave us a free dessert and I got a bunch of flowers, they also covered our table in rose petals, and the 'singing chef' sang our song to us. It was a night i'll never forget and would definately return. We also ate at Tony Romas again is a bit expensive but was also really good food.

As for the sun loungers, it is true. There are some weirdos who were getting up at 6am and putting about 10 towels down, we saw this with our own eyes as we were getting back from a nights clubbing at around 5.45 and there were actually people down sitting at the loungers and putting towels down which is quite pathetic. Thats not what we went on holiday for, however as we were getting in really late most nights we weren't down at the pool til maybe 1 or 2 in the afternoon, and we always got a sunlounger, not at the pool but up on the terraces which was actually better as it was quiter and more private. So really we never found it an issue, and to be fair most hotels at this time of year are the same.

As for cockroaches etc, we never had any in our apartment the entire time we were there. Yes at night when your out and about you would see the odd 1 scurry across the ground, but in 2 weeks I think we saw around 4 or 5 which really isn't bad at all.

Overall I would definately return to Tenerife and I would also return to Parque de la Paz. It is spotless, with good entertainment in an excellent location. What more could you want?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma D
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We holidayed here this summer with our two children aged 6 and 7. I booked this holiday with Thomas Cook who informed me that it was a very family friendly hotel. We decided to go self catering which is what we usually do as we like to go out and about rather than go all inclusive and feel tied to the complex. However, this hotel seems to mainly cater for the all inclusive guest. The kettle in the apartment was completely corroded, there was no microwa ve, the television was the old box style with a coin slot attached so you had to pay extra to watch it even though (after 6 euros) we found out there was only spanish channels!!!!! Also, we were placed near "The British Pub" who had comedians on until midnight and later replicating Billy Connolly and Chubby Brown acts. The noise was so loud the kids couldn't get to sleep until late - it was as if you were sat in the pub itself and we were 3 floors up! Also the language was completely inappropriate and also very clear. We did speak to our rep about this and she offered to move us as she knew the poolside was noisy - i pointed out that we were not on the poolside so there was no point moving.
As well as this, there are people coming and going late at night, singing etc. and slamming doors, running up and down corridors, which they are entirely at their right to do but not in a supposedly family friendly hotel.
If you like lounging round the pool foget it. You won't get a sunlounger unless you get up at 7.30 and sit on one (yes we did do this one day.) I know it is like this everywhere but this hotel has a sign in reception saying you cannot reserve loungers with towels and that towels would be removed if it was seen. Also, when you have two young children with you i think it is slightly ridiculous to be getting up at the crack of dawn. In the pool, there is a section cordoned off at the same time every day for pool volleyball which is fair enough, but when it is finished everybody carries on - usually in the kids area because its shallow so the kids end up getting cracked with the ball.
if you have young children you need to avoid this hotel it is not geared up for them or for you.

1  Thank gism0
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I'll admit Tenerife and Playa De Las Americas in particular is a lovely place to visit and the weather is fantastic, but as for the accommodation, I was left a little disappointed. Don't believe what the rep tells you about not being able to "reserve" sun-loungers, it happened almost daily and be prepared to put up with loutish children with parents who don't give a toss and let their kids run a muck around the pool! The rooms are basic and if you want to watch TV you have to put money into it and be prepared to RENT a fan or air con unit as there is no air-con in the rooms and night-time in August can be really uncomfortable! Food wasn't the best but I would recommend the Paella! The hotel staff in general were ok but don't expect to be treated like royalty but the rooms are cleaned daily and bed linin and towels are changed regularly. The entertainment repeats itself weekly but the resident DJ's are a laugh and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Plus for the football fans who cant cope, they do show premier-league matches in English but on a 32 inch telly near the bar area which can be pretty difficult to see if your sat near the back of the seating area. I ended up going to a pub around the corner to watch matches as the view was better and had air-con! As for the hustle and bustle of the shopping area, be prepared for the folks there to harass you to go into their shops but if your looking for a bargain, there are plenty to be had and the fountain display in the main shopping square was amazing. Oh and the bars, especially Las Veronicas are well busy and a must for clubbers!!

On the whole, PLaya De Las Americas is a place I'd go back to regularily but as for the Parque De La Paz, never again!!

1  Thank Marcus J
Reviewed August 31, 2011

came here last year and gave it a fair review.did have some bad points but after sitting down and talking with my family we decided that the good points outweighed the bad points ,and so booked with thomas cook to come back this year.
bad mistake.
staff...
reception very friendly even remembered us from last year,very hard working and gave us a pool view.(which was great).ask for a pool view only if you dont go to bed early as the entertainment goes on to late.
resturante again very nice thomas is fantastic very hard working as is all the waiters.
cleaners.
disgusting cleaned our bathroom with one of the famous green towels and then tried to fold it up for us to use !!!! .sheets were not changed for 10 days untill we complained to natalie the thomas cook rep(who was fantastic by the way) a quick brush around with the broom and that was that.
chefs
breakfast chef in the resturante makes fantastic omlettes,plenty of cooked food ie bacon , sausage,eggs etc very friendly clean and hard working.
lunch time chef (different person) BEWARE use the same utensills for RAW MEAT AND COOKED MEAT. this was noticed by a good many people including myself but a couple of people were not too bothered by this untill later that night/next day.
I HAD A STEAK THAT WAS STILL ALIVE WHEN HE PUT IT ON MY PLATE AND THEN GOT FUNNY WHEN I ASKED FOR IT TO BE COOKED .
ALSO DID NOT COVER UP MEAT ALLOWING FLIES TO ENJOY A FREE MEAL.
natalie the thomas cook rep
full of information,hard working and always willing to go that extra mile to make sure everything was great.like i said eariler we had a issue with the cleaners but she soon put that right.one of the best reps if not the best rep we have had.
cleaning staff around the pool are a joke.lots of people on sunbeds including ourselves and the staff decide to clean the roof of the entertainment area which would have been ok if they didnt spray us with CHEMICALS AND WATER .
they also forgot the roof slanted down and gave the big television a good soaking when the water and chemicals ran down the back of the wall.( you should have seen ian the entertainers face when he found out lol).
van and ian the entertainers are fantastic working hard plenty of quizes,bingo,water volleyball and singing.some of the shows at night were very good ie destny,black lace ,and mister sister (the best of the lot) very funny.mister sister has a dvd on sale for 10 euros but its not worth it poor quality which is a shame.eagle show,snake show and parrot shows all boring these need replacing soon.
race in the morning for sunbeds has got even worst since last year. people were going down there as early as 4.30 while the moon and stars were still out (no joke) a couple of mornigs a woman even took a baby in its pram down for 5.45. the hotel is thinking of putting up gates to the entrance of the pool area and keeping them locked till about 8/8.30
but all that will happen is you will see a large mass of people wating by the gates like shoppers waiting for a shop to open on boxing day for the sales.
rooms basic but serve a purpose still no air con fans avalible for a charge. twin beds and two sofa beds fixed head shower over bath ,kettle,hob and cooker.

1  Thank thepowerBroseley
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed between the 9th and 23rd August. Could not fault the weather. The one cloudy day we had we spent at Siam Park which was a bonus. No burnt shoulders! As mentioned, it really is best to go on a friday which is change-over day. Well worth going. The rooms are very spacious and we had clean towels everyday. The whole hotel/grounds are SPOTLESS and the staff,on a whole, are very friendly and helpful. You always get the odd grumpy one. The food was brilliant. Very good full english everyday (with proper sausages), friend eggs and omlettes were cooked to order, lots of cereals etc. Hot and cold lunch and dinner... I do not understand the people who have moaned at choice... they must eat like Kings at home! I managed to go up a full dress size and enjoyed every minute doing so!!! Drinks were great too, help yourself and as for the cocktails... there are about three on the menu but if you ask the barman he will make anything... I drank Black Russians for two weeks ... so stop moaning all the party poopers out there!

The sunbeds are indeed a nightmare. The was only old woman (always in a blue vest) with her husband who dragged sunbeds every morning at 6am. Just so unnecessary. There are lots of terraces around the hotel with hundreds of sunbeds which you can move to the pool area at any time during the day. I made a mistake of asking for a pool view. Others who didnt have a pool view did not have the problem of early morning sunbed loonies waking them up. DONT GET A POOL VIEW.

Overall, we had a fantastic holiday. Yes, Van is cheesy but such a lovely man you cannot help but love him. Basically, rooms brill and clean, food tasty and plentiful and drinks aplenty! The location is outstanding for beach and shops... take plenty of euro's girls for shopping! For a three star hotel you really cannot go wrong. Book it you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Dont get a pool view it is far too noisy.