“Just ok”

Marola Park
uk
“Just ok”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm not quite sure what everyone is ranting and raving about. They clearly don't travel very much and have experience of quality hotels as this one is just ok.

The rooms are standed rooms for the canaries. By that I mean dated and a colour scheme that was last popular in the 1970s. But saying that the rooms have been quite well maintained. The only real issue with the rooms is hot water. The hot water comes from a tiny little imerssion heater on the wall in the kitchen which runs out of hot water very quickly. So the second person to shower will more than likely have to have a cold one or wait all afternoon for it to heat up again.

The electricity to the room is activated by a little card you put in the slot which is fine except the cleaner always pulled it out after servicing the room. I think she was forgetting that as a self cattering apartment we have food in the fridge and because of the water heater the rooms get very warm and so does your food. Luckily (or unluckily) she didn't come to my room very often. Probably 50% of my stay.

My biggest complaint about this property is the staff. By that I mean the complete inconsistency of them, from the french receptionist (I think is name is bruno) who deserves an award for service as he gets it just right every time, nothing was ever too much for him and he was always smiley, to the spanish woman on reception and her terrible attitude. I asked if I could use the phone to reconfirm my transfer, to which she replied in her awful english that its not her job to call it but I could use the phone at the end of the counter. I've never been spoken to in such a dreadful manner so I told her to rememember that I am customer and it was only a request. So I was then told that I should use the phone in my room and that I would be charged for it when I check out. I thought that this was a simple request and have never had such problems in the past. It seems the cost of a local call is worth upsetting a customer over. She could definitely use some customer service training as she forgets that she's working in the hospitality industry and her attitude is anything but hospitable. I for one will never stay in this hotel again as this incident has left a lasting (bad) impression on me.

I booked this hotel through British airways who normally have an excellent reputation for choosing quality hotels. But I will be letting them know that this hotel is not up to their usual standard and is more suited to the less discerning traveller.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank andyboy_1983

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here beginning of June for 10 days with my family. We had a fantastic holiday, thanks for the staff of Marola Park (cleaners, receptionist). I usually stay at hotels because I had couple of bad experience with other aparments but Marola Park better than many of 3 or 4 stars hotel so definitely we will back.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 74Klara
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying at Mar Ola Park and we have been very happy with all elements of these apartments. From check-in where the staff were excellent , friendly and efficient to the apartments themselves. They are clean, spacious and offer a great level of comfort. For this type of apartment we didn't expect bathrobes and towels for the sunbeds which were provided. A weeks Internet access all over the park is €18 which is excellent value , having paid £100 in Egypt! There is also free Internet in the games room. The outside bar area is clean and the staff are excellent. Tge food is reasonably priced at around €10 per person for lunch. There is a breakfast room for €6 each which we have not tried yet. The place is only a 5 minute walk from the Main Street in Las America and there are plenty of little shops nearby to get food n stuff. All in all a great place to stay. Really enjoying our time here.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Robert C
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault it, does exactly what it says on the tin, it's a fairly comfortable sleep. Pool- while medium sized was perfectly adequate. Sun in the pool area from 9-6. I would say this is the kind of hotel that couples might return to time after time because you know what your getting and it's perfectly good enough, like someone else said, not noisy. I'd recommend the little Italy restaurant 300m down the road. Mercadona (tesco/Asda equivalent) similar distance and to the left. I'm still here for another two nights and I feel comfortable to commend this hotel before I leave!

The best part of this hotel has been the staff, funnily enough the French chap on reception sometimes has fantastic knowledge of the is,and and helped me out with sunburn and finding some wild aloe Vera to put on and hey presto! Cured! He knows everything there is to know about this island and by Christ it has a lot of history and interesting information, one point. It's over due and eruption!! Ooh probably be cheaper after it hehe.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank StaffordHelp
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We came in April for a week and were immediately greated by sparkling wine on our arrival!!! We were given a room on the first floor with the street view. It was a corner room with view of the mountains and the sunset: great the terrace where we were getting smashed with spanish wine!!!
Amenities were great, towels changed every day and folded in shapes of swan, elephant, puppy (5 star service!!!).
Beds very comfortable and wide space.
Location is 5 minutes walk from Las Vistas and 15 to Las Americas sea front.

Top tips: 1. Just around the corner there is Mercadona, go there and buy wine!!!
2. There is a bus stop just in front the hotel bringing you to and from the airport straight away

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TheTraveller8989
Ireland
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed here from June 7th to 14th. We arrived and were warmly welcome by Francisco. We were given a room at the front of the hotel with its own balcony. The rooms were clean and they had a kettle, toaster and hob. Plenty of glasses and plates. Our room was cleaned 3 times and if extra towels were needed it wasn't a problem. The pool is nice and warm. Can't comment on the pool bar because we didn't use it. There is free wifi in the common room with a pool table loads of tables and sofas.

Overall this hotel was in an excellent area. Only a few minutes to the beach. Some great restaurants and bars about. Would stay here again but would like a pool view next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IrelandHappy
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've just got back from a holiday with my sister at the Marola Park. We chose these apartments after seeing such fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor. It was everything we expected and more! I have never stayed at such a clean place. Every time you came out of your door there was someone cleaning the hallways. The staff are so friendly and helpful and all go the extra mile. Especially Bruno on reception, who was always happy to answer any questions about the area or Tenerife in general - and we had plenty!

The way the hotel is configured is great too - the pool is in the middle, and with such good security we always felt very secure. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the food was lovely. A good choice and tasty too. Also, as we were going out early for a trip one morning so they provided us with a 'picnic' box

One word of warning though, as june is considered out of season, many of the 'extras' mentioned are not available. No evening meals, no 'happy hour', no drink on arrival, and no fruit or bottle of something in the room for a special occasion. This did not affect the quality of our stay in anyway, but it is worth knowing before you get there. As we arrived late in the day, there was nowhere to get a drink or anything to eat but we were directed to nearest 24 hour shop where we were able to get what we needed for the night.

The supermarket (out of the hotel and turn left) is brilliant for anything you might need while you are there too. I won't take half as many toiletries next time as they are all there! There are plenty of places to eat within easy walking distance.

Our intention was to come to Tenerife for this holiday and to try somewhere different next time, but due to the success of this trip we have both decided it will be Marola Park all the way!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family