Mareverde
Mediterranean Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$139
Palm Beach Tenerife(Playa de las Americas)
$107
  • Beachfront
H10 Las Palmeras(Playa de las Americas)
$156
$151
Europe Villa Cortes(Playa de las Americas)
$220
$213
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Gran Oasis Resort(Playa de las Americas)
$145
$138
  • Breakfast included
$148
  • Pool
Cleopatra Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$145
Hotels.com
Iberostar Las Dalias(Playa de las Americas)
$194
$189
Priceline
  • Pool
Green Garden Resort & Suites(Playa de las Americas)
$183
$160
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
Hotel Sir Anthony(Playa de las Americas)
$333
$315
Hotels.com
All reviewspool barlas ranaswashing machinereading some of the reviewsbars and restaurantsbus stopfridge freezercleaned every daycleaned dailystudio apartmentmain poolpoolsloadsacclimatisedsupermarketmotorwayabit
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Love the new pools and pot plants instead of the earth for cats to poo on L5 phase two is our third stay with Simon and Helen always clean upto date hem from home thanks again look forward to picking the keys up in six weeks keep up the good wool

Room Tip: Look for phase one and two best place to stay peace quite five min walk to beach etc john
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank john t
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment with seaviews in January for a month through a private owner and really loved our stay there on phase 1. The pools were lovely and cleaned every day by the dedicated poolman. Mareverde was close to the beach and the shops and restaurants at the port. I can highly recommend the Wigan Pier at the bottom end of Mareverde for their breakfast, other meals and their great entertainment. Quiz nights etc. All the staff were very friendly. There were buses right outside the complex that took us right outside the golf clubs for 1.15 euros & buses to anywhere on the island. There were supermarkets at every corner of the complex, including one that was open 24 hours! The supermarket at the top of the complex was the cheapest & their ready cooked prawns were delicious, especially with their hot bread and a bottle of (not bad) wine for 1.75 euros.
We are really looking forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in a self catering apartment on phase 1 with sea views, fantastic, very romantic watching the sunset behind La Gomera.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Rosie-of-Wales
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bed pool side appartment arranged through Owners Direct. The complex is undergoing some major renovations but this didnt cause our party too much of a problem.
There are very few sun loungers made available by the complex and it does look like most own have there own loungers to use so might be a good idea to ask the owner when booking.
Nice little pool bar available with decent basic sausage and chips fare.
Just a short walk down to the beach and very close to lots of restaurants etc.
Would stay here again at the righ price. When looking many apartments here were charging far more. We paid £280 for a March week and I would say thats about its price.

Room Tip: Get a pool side apartment as the pool area is long and narrow running throught the centre of the complex.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank susi-of-london
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This complex has undergone a total facelift recently. The Ranas Pool bar is friendly and well stocked, the owners Wayne and Karen are kind, fun, friendly hosts. I can highly recommend the bar food. I have stayed here many times and never been disappointed. Well placed for all the local beaches and night life.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
12  Thank CockneyCounsellor
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I rented the apartment privately, my warning to you would be DO NOT rent from Mr Michael Richards. The pictures looked very nice and the reviews for Mare Verde werent bad either. I was told to pick the key up from the pool bar, which i might add has seen better days. We knew as we made our way from the pool bar to our apartment that we had made a mistake. The smell was awful, drains, damp.
On reaching the apartment, my partner had to use some force to open the door as it was very stiff. As soon as the door was open the smell hit you full in the face....damp. On looking around the apartment we found the damp was mainly in the bedroom including the bed. On pulling back the duvet we noticed it was a camp bed with a headboard. The bed had been slept in, it was quite obvious. The smell of damp from the bed and bedding was overpowering. On further inspection we found dirt/hair/evidence of cigarettes under the sofa cushions. The apartment had not been cleaned whatsoever. I was told the apartment had undergone full refurbishment (my [--]).
Back to the pool bar we went and asked for the person looking after the apartment. We waited at the pool bar for the lady. We asked for some clean bedding, to which we were told that all she had was a duvet cover. To say we were gobsmacked was an understatement. The lady herself said she had told Mr Richards that the apartment was full of damp and also they needed extra bedding but to no avail. I tried to call Mr Richards several times but no answer and no return call either.
At this point I already knew that we were not staying a minute longer than we had to. Next door to the complex was an internet cafe, where I eventually found another apartment further in the centre of town. We walked to the Barracuda apartments to have a look first, it took us approx half an hour. The apartment was a palace compared to Mare Verde but unfortunately could not stay until the next day. We took as long as we could before returning to Mare Verde. Once back we showered and slept on top of the 'clean' quilt cover.
Next morning we called Mr Richards and told him how unhappy we were, letting him know that we were leaving that day. I told him I wanted my money back and said I will accept 75% of my full payment with which Mr Richards agreed.
It is now 5 months later and I am still waiting for the amount we agreed. I have had to keep writing emails to him weekly only for him to then credit my bank with £25/30. I have now given up but wanted to warn people please do not deal with this man. Im not sure if he is the owner or just managing the apartment.
Photos are included to show you just what the apartment is like.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple