“good value for the money”
Review of Mareverde

and 1 more site!
Mareverde
manchester
“good value for the money”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just returned from a week in a private apartment on phase 2 of Mereverde.
It seems that the whole complex is being refurbished and that phase 1 (top of the hill), has been done. This is quite smart with the pools having been retiled and all the properties repainted. Our phase (phase 2), was in the middle of being refurbished. 2 of the pool areas outside our room where empty and being retiled/repaired. This was not much of an inconvenience as we just used the pool 20 yards up.
I think when the refurbishment is completed (which I think will be a while as the work seemed very slow) - maybe 12 months? , then I think it will be quite smart.
Notwithstanding the above, our room was very clean and quite modern. Everything worked and the beds were comfy. Once the doors were opened it soon cooled down and was really pleasant.
The resort is probually 25% residential and 75% touirist. When we were there it always seemed very quiet and the people we did meet seemed very friendly.
There are lots of cats, but this never bothered us. We never noticed any smells.
The pool area was very clean but was very cold. I think its unheated and in the shade in the morning. Maybe warmer later in the day.
The location of the resort is great. Its a 10 min walk to the beach, with plenty of bars on the way. There is a great supermarket in the basement of the new shopping centre opposite which is very cheap. Bit hard to find, but worth searching out. Also, lots of great eats places nearby.
All in all, for the money we paid, we found the resort to be good value. We never saw any trouble or had any complaints. As i said, when the refurb is fully complete, then I am sure it will look even better, as there are areas that do look `tired`.
Dont let the really bad reports put you off. As I said, the location of the resort really is ideal.
Hope the above proves helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
16 Thank lloydangela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
beverly yorkshire
Reviewed November 12, 2012

we stayed on the mareverde this summer , and had a great time, i have read bad comments about this place but they really are not deserved.
if you are looking for the full package with babysitting and a kids club , then this is not for you.
if you want a nice quit complex to use as a central base for your stay , then its perfect.
a lot of the appartments are lived in so you find it pretty quiet around the pool areas , there are five connecting pools ,this appears to be because the people that live here dont tend to spend there spare time sunbathing like us holiday makers do.
outside the complex is a five minute walk to the beach , it is surrounded by bars and restruants , you really are spoilt for choice , you can get a nice 3 course meal for under 10 euros , and most bars do the local beer at 1 euro a pint
the huge siam water park is close by with a free bus outside the complex , that is a must for anyone with kids
the only bad point i could find was that there were a few stray cats around , they didnt bother us , as we like cats , but i know some families dont.
to summarise , if you want a place , central to everything , at a very reasonable price , then try the mareverde , certainly not the 5 star all inclusive holiday , but neither were the prices

Room Tip: our room was on phase 2 at the rear of the complex , away from the main road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank northernchick_12
Hull
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed on the MareVerde complex with my partner and two young children. We were on Phase 2 which was overlooking the old Tennis courts and has a distance view to the beach. I rented from a private owner who uses this for a couple of months a year and rents it out for the rest. Hence there was every home comfort such as flat screen tv, washer, fridgefreezer, iron and comfy sofas. It had a balcony which was made secure by wrought iron railings so we could put the kids to bed and sit relaxing and watching the world go by whilst being able to hear any waking children. The front door had a locking wrought iron grill so you could open doors and let the air through knowing you and more to the point the kids are safe. It appears this complex was once an impressive holiday complex but now mainly private owners as holiday companies constantly move on to the latest builds with a scattering of small holiday company bought apartments but thankfully no reps or organised entertainment. This was made clear to us by the owner and was spot on. Phase 1 backs onto the main road and seems to be smaller apartments and probably rented out by locals working in the resort and has shops and a couple of downmarket bars on the main street so I wouldn't consider this side of the complex. The main pool was under re- furb but we found a spot near the waterslide with a 2 ft deep pool where the kids acclimatised before we lifted them into the 1.5 mtr pool with us. There was a heated pool which had been refurbished but we preferred the spot we found. The complex seems to be under a total makeover project that had started at phase 3 now into phase 2. As long as you realise what you are renting is accommodation with good pool facilities near to nightlife ,shopping and the worth a visit market and this not a hotel with reps and cheesy entertainment you can't go wrong. Will be back in 2013.

Room Tip: Book a private rental with a website and definitely choose Phase 2.

Room Tip: Stayed overlooking old Tennis court - nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank DragonHull
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

As i said very nice freindly staff 24hr security on site felt very safe the pools we went in most days clean one pool was on the upgrade new tiles the lovley little bar meet the owner whyne thanks for the great days and nights i had at your bar also the complex is newly painted looks loads better than last year PLEASE GET RID OF STAY CATS only gripe like most when you do you will get 5* on clean thanks again be back on 20th Nov

• Stayed May 2012
7 Thank john t
Flint
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was unsure after reading reviews on here about what to expect - but thought ah well, some people are maybe a bit too fussy. We chose what appeared to be a great apartment and the location of the complex appealed - as did the "running river" swimming pool to occupy the kids. Well, I should have heeded the warnings. The "heated" pool was no such thing. My son will get in any water - but 2 days running he just couldnt get in - it was FREEZING. Worst of all, the condition of the pool area was shocking. There were mosaic tiles missing everywher, particularly on waterfall "slide" , which were very sharp and ripped my sons shorts and cut his back. It was unsafe. 2nd day in there was a beer crate either side and some tape - seemingly someones attempt to stop kids using it. The lowest pool actually had the filter cover completely missing and if a child got anywhere near there would be sucked in !!! There was no-one around to ever report it to.
Complex - well I have no objection to cats (have 2 myself) but every day I had to move my sunbed constantly as all I could smell was cat poo !! I witnessed maintenance simply dip a bucket in the swimming pool and douse the offending poo areas several times during my 10 day stay !! There a raised beds around the complex, presumably intended as gardens, but all they contained was lava rock and cat poo (it seriously stunk walking back to my appt I had to hold my breath). Like I said - Im not that fussy but it was shocking. Another bed near our appartment seemed to by the staff ashtray it was full and I mean FULL of cigarette butts.

The majority of the complex appears residential and didnt have any holiday atmosphere at all when we were there. I took a walk around the complex with my children and to the rear of the complex there are apartments that are obviously lived in and can only be described as a ghetto. I was stared at by some very unsavoury looking characters, and felt very unsafe, and told my childfen to stay where I could see them. The taxi driver who took us back to the airport laughed - and said they called it Little Africa. (I would point out I am in no way racist).

On the plus side - there is a little bar on site. Never saw a single customer there the whole time I was there to vbe honest (our apartment overlooked it). Our kids where the only kids on site the whole 10 days, which was disappointing for them.

Location is good. Large supermarket and shopping centre just over bridge 5 minutes walk - fantastic if youre self catering. Few little cafes and bars just outside - we tried a couple and they were ok. Cheap and cheerful.

In summary - Ive never regretted a complex choice more - it was dreadful. Unbelievably neglected. If my local town was like that Id be on to the council !!! Or actually, Id move !! DONT GO HERE !! Costa Adeje has some lovely hotels and apartments - you have plenty of choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank frostrey

Travelers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just back & enjoyed another 10 night stay in the privately rented apartment. Very clean & spacious with large terrace leading out to pool area. Last 2 pools in the complex have been getting revamped after a load of the tiles had been removed, probably by kids picking them off? Ideally situated for easy access to all areas, bars, restaurants & not that far from the beach....Think of all those who travel down to the beach from up the hills!! Yes there are cats but we only ever saw a single 'dump'.Looking forward to getting back in november & getting away from this dour weather, Ha!!

Room Tip: Fase 2 a better area,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Pugwashed
Southampton
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just come back from a week at this complex. Cats everwhere and cat muck. They seem to use every plant pot and terrace garden to go in. Broken tiles in communal areas and cigarette ends blocking drains. Some apartments seemed unoccupied and their windows were filthy and looked as if squatters lived there. Didnt bother to go in any swimming pool as was not prepared to risk it although the pool near our apartment looked clean. The apartment we stayed in was small but not too bad although it faced the afternoon sun and got extremely hot. All the electrical appliances were dodgy, ie kettle light hanging off, batteries leaking acid in remote controls on tv and video recorder, fridge was not very cold as could not cope with heat of room and milk did not keep. Lucky enough to only have one cockroach in flat on last night, but there were hundreds of dead and alive ones all round complex. Pathways were not hosed down at all and were very grubby, in fact the whole complex looked like a run down slum. The only good thing was the tv which had satelite channels (after we replaced batteries) and washing machine. Was very hilly around there and was a long way from the beach (15-20 minutes walk). Regret going there, only booked as the ones I wanted were unavailable. Couldnt sleep as no air con and too hot. Plus points - fairly quiet at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank CarolSouthampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Yucca Park
Playa Olid Apartments
Playa Olid Apartments
#36 of 57 in Costa Adeje
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,998 reviews

Been to Mareverde? Share your experiences!