“Returned for good reason”
Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
Reviewed January 24, 2011

2nd visit to this hotel which is in a quiet area of Playa de las Americas. A comfortable hotel with an excellent pool area, lovely staff, good entertainment and reasonable food. Iam sure that there are better hotels in Tenerife, but this is in a good area on the sea front with easy access to the main Playa de las Americas shops and restaurants. Met our needs the first time and that of our family on the return visit. Early December before the holiday rush is an excellent time to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank martha-a
Write a ReviewReviews (5,994)

Reviewed January 16, 2011

Stayed here January 2011, nice hotel in a excellent spot, a few concerns which we all have, the main being we were given an upgraded room for which we paid £145 extra and a room completely out of the sun for 7 days. You are charged £3 a day for sun loungers, which should be free, I myself was taking them back to the room and storing them on then balcony so I only paid once, this is not on for a 4 star hotel.Be up early to place them because everybody else does, as in all spanish places.The food was A1 the staff few and far between, so waiting was normal.Cooked while you wait so no probs here.
The outside garden area from the rstaurant was always full with those non caring smoking chimneys, so as a non smoker I found this a pain. As soon as they finished grubbing out comes the filthy fags, and on one occasion a pipe and a cigar for gods sake. This area could be cordoned off for non smokers easily as the door is right in the middle of the outside garden.The balconies are not very private. but that never bothered us because there was no sun anyway.The special pack for the posh people ion my mind was a waste of money, for what you get. Would I stay here again, I don;t think so, better class hotels locally, but not right on the beach. We have been all over spain mainland all the ballearics so this hol was not a one off just a true example.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Arrived at the hotel late afternoon on hogmanay. A very large hotel with equally large reception area. Receptionist did not have a great command of English which was a problem. The booking was based upon half board including the New Years Eve gala buffet. Only one ticket was issued. When we went to the restaurant as instructed, there was much discussion between staff members because there were two of us with a single ticket. Eventually, we were allowed to take table just inside the restaurant.

The bedroom on fourth floor was superb and spotless with veranda overlooking the hotel pools and the sea. It was close to the lifts Air-con in the room worked well. A trouser press would have been a useful bonus.

The restaurant had a great choice of food at both breakfast and dinner. However all of the hot items were lukewarm or cold.

Lifts, we found four, were slow and too small. For part of our stay, one lift was out of order which aggravated the wait for a car.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank balmorallothian
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Stayed here in dec for my birthday. Me, my partner and our 3 children (1 of which was 5 weeks old). We arrived at the hotel to find that the suite we booked wasn't available, and that we would have to have 2 separate room, not interconnecting. And that one room would be on another floor to the other. We told them this wouldn't at all be possible and they will have to make arrangements for us.
They then found a suitable room, for us and told us to leave our bags with them whilst we go and look. We wouldn't have done this if they hadn't have said we will look after them for us.
On coming back to reception I noticed one of our bags was missing, it had all our newborns clothes, bottles, nappies etc..also our camera, and my sunglasses,both expensive.
Reception wouldn't allow us to view the CCTV and told me that only the manager could do so. Who apparently wasn't there all weekend and I must come back monday, we were going home tuesday. Monday came and I was told that the manager isn't allowed to watch either and I must go to the police station. We went back to our room, to find the maid had left our door open!
On packing Tuesday we discovered we couldn't find our iPad..I stormed back to reception with all our cases as our taxi was waiting for us, and demanded a complaints form, which they made me wait 20mins, clearly because they didn't wAnt me to have one. I got no apology and staff at reception was rude from start to finish. I would never stay here again. As I'm convinced the staff are stealing from their guests.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank emmabatesMerseyside
Reviewed December 25, 2010

This hotel is very well situated being close to local shops, restaurants and bars. The local area is pretty flat so no problems for those who find walking difficult. The rear gardens are great with two pools (one heated) and have a gate which directly opens onto the beach. Sunbeds are normally available and cushions and towels are available for a small charge. Having visited the hotel before, we requested a room overlooking the sea - the extra cost is well worth it. The room itself was a bit on the small side with hardly any shelves for clothes but the views from the balcony made up for this - see photo. Meals in the large retaurant are buffet style and a bit of a "bun fight" but the food is very good with a good selection of fish, meat and salads available each day. There are dedicated chefs who will cook individual fish, pasta and meat fresh for you if there is nothing else you fancy. Also available are fresh pancakes with sweet or savory fillings. Entertainment at the hotel tends to be geared towards the older person with resident bands playing dance music which is OK if you can waltz and quickstep. However there is a mini disco for children which opens if there are at least 4 children who wish to attend. Later in the evening there is normally a show which were quite varied and pretty good. We went all inclusive and had no difficulty in justifying the additional cost as alcoholic drinks and lunches are not cheap at the hotel. Also included are a selection of snacks and local drinks including wine and spirits. All in all we would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone who does not want anything too lively.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed here for one week in early November with my Mum. We took the 'privilege' package which was very good value and meant we stayed in the newly refurbished rooms on the 6th floor which are of a 5 star high standard with flat screen tv, nespresso machine etc. This package also give you access to the 'privilege' room and terrace with complimetary drinks. The terrace has fab views and very cool sunloungers and jacuzzi. With this package you can also access the dedicated 'privilege' area on the island in the pool which has cool lounging cabanas and means you avoid the scramble for sunbeds in the morning. The Hotel's Thallasso centre is excellent and was a great way to spend the one overcast day we had during our holiday . The location of the hotel is perfect - a short stroll to the shope and restaurants in the town and right on the beach so great for walks. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dublin6girl
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We stayed here for one week for half term , one teenager and two children under 3.

I actually liked this hotel, good location and good food, but had a couple of issues which I feel compelled to share and why I would not stay at this hotel again.

1) We booked this hotel as it had WI-FI as I have to do some work. chekc emails etc. The WI-FI worked for one day during our stay and I had to go to other hotels like La Siesta which was inconvenient and pay for the internet. The staff at H10 provided no information as to when the internet would be working. Essentially if you want internet at hotel you are staying at. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STAY HERE.. IT WAS A CON! I

2) Food was good, good variety, the main issue was the Chinese Chef, Crepe Chef etc - They have two plus stoves but choose to make one at a time even during peak times leading to long queues for no reason - you can be standing there for 30 mins plus and your other food has gone cold by then. This happened every night and no one cares and everyone is complaining but no one is listening. Food was good but not worth the wait - so we went for what we could as we can't be standing around all day with little children

3) One pool is heated and is a good size. Location was good

On the whole great potential, poorly managed and only worth considering if you are getting the rooms 200+ Euros cheaper then any of the others as that is price I would put on the inconvenience you will suffer here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family