“Elder hotel but for 80 %renovated.”
Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Staff speaks +- for 80 % Englisch. Reception at last five members speaks Dutch. Not one cockroach seen in the hotel (4th floor, renovated room (escalator 2002) and vieuw on las Americas). I've chrashd one cockroach outside (normal in a hot country). Food better than in a Mexican R*u or a Cuban Hotet*r or a Domenican Ahm*a. Sunchairs inough but not for the parasols (when you let burn yourself). Outside you are in one minute in a mainstreet with lots off the most known shops. Cheapest price Marlboro 18.50 € (less than halve price EU and GB is more expensive). The Canaries are Spain but are not a member of the costums-accords. At the seaside you have Hooters (like everywhere in the world where tourism is). The beach is less, you have 400 mts to walk). The swimmingpool is ok. Voor de Vlamingen, café Manneken Pis (hebben TV Vlaanderen) is op wandelafstand. Playa Torviscas (druk geworden met die roltrappen) heb je Artes en Ten Bel is gekend maar wat verder.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,915)

Reviewed July 10, 2009

Although we were in one the last phases of unrenovated rooms, the hopitality, pool, location and amenties we're exactly what this family wanted for a US-style Spring Break vacation with teenagers. Did not need to use a rental car. Everything is walking distance. Safe for teens. Affortable luxury. Relaxing balcony views over pool. Clean and friendly. This hotel attended to our needs. It has one of few tennis courts in the area. It suffices but needs a little attention. Other improvements should be ice machines on all floors and new fitness equipment.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Just got back form Holiday 23rd June to 3 July 2009.I read all the comments and had to add my own.The Conquistador is a very well run clean and friendly Hotel,we didn't have a room that had been refurbished and I can honestly say the room was very comfortable and very clean and still looked good and cleaned to a high standard everyday including clean towels daily.The restaraunt was well run with a good choice of food if you are a big meat and fish eater you will love it every kind of meat available and if your not a meat fan like me the salad bar was very good I could always find something to eat and came out full.Breakfast was top class catering for everyone including champagne some mornings.
My wife and I enjoyed most of the entertainment the tribute acts were very professional but like all places you wont please everyone one in particular the guy on the trycicle bored us silly but others enjoyed it.The Piano bar is very relaxing and the musicians are very good especially Victor (Mon,Tue and wednesdays)and we found the prices of drinks was often cheaper than the places we went to outside.They have a good selection of swimming pools and always lots of room and during the day the team entertain you with pool sports and also have a childrens club.I did read in one review that this hotel is for the over 65s (NOT AT ALL) we are in our late forties and we found a very good mix of ages and many youngsters too,although the hotel was full it was still peaceful and tranquil and so relaxed.We have never had such a relaxing holiday.The only problem we found in Tenerife was the timeshare touts they drove us mad and often very persistant with there sill scratch cards for the market but apart from that absolutely brilliant holiday we could not fault the hotel.

2  Thank tyros2
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Having read some recent reviews on Trip Adviser, I was wondering if we would enjoy the hotel this time. We had a lovely welcome & the check in staff were helpful & smiley. They gave us a super re-furbished room on 7th floor. We had a mini-bar & fridge in the room & the room was very tastefully decorated. My only criticism is the lack of drawer space, but I'm on holiday, so what does it matter? Foodwise I must have chosen well then; there is always a carvery, with a super choice of meats, freshly cooked fish, pasta dishes & the best salad bar with everything you could want! Sometimes table service was slow, but we always sat outside & often had to wait for a table as everyone else had the same idea. If you can't find some food you like at the Conquistador then you must be really fussy! We had a lovely lunch one day at the restaurant close to the pool bar; & it was absolutely fab! It was perch in a lovely creamy sauce, I'm salivating at the thought!! The bar staff are the best ever! Thanks to Pedro, Miguel, Enrique, Fran, Paco, Valerie & anyone else I've forgotten- you made the holiday special with your great service & sense of humour. The hotel gave us a card & a bottle of Cava on ice for our anniversary which was a lovely touch. Yes there are refurbishments going on, & yes there's gardens to be kept tidy, so some noise will be heard. However 20 years on and this hotel still gives a real holiday when we get there. It's not perfect, but its great value for money & a lot of people keep revisiting the Conquistador. We understand why people keep going back!

Reviewed June 29, 2009

We arrived back today 29/06/09 from a 14 day stay at the conquistador.We travelled as a family being 5 adults 2 in one room and 3 in another.I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT RECCOMMEND 3 ADULTS SHARING A ROOM.The rooms are way to small.The 3rd adult as a camp bed to sleep on ,nowhere to put there clothes ,no lock on bathroom NO PRIVACY.

The hotel is for elerdly people over 40+ NOT for young or familys at all.The lifts were forever breaking down ,they had 4 lifts but only ever 2 lifts seem to be working at anytime.No coffee making facilities.We had COCKROACHES IN THE ROOM HORRIBLE.I had a sticky hard boiled sweet stuck to my blanket.

The cost: 2 euros for a small cup of coffee ,disgraceful.The internet is very dear 1 euro for 10minutes .Drinks at the hotel expensive 2.20 euros for a small glass of cheap coke!,5.95 for a so called cocktail 3 euros for a beer.,Safe for room was £16.00 a week ,Fridge was expensive to hire.

The resturant: Dirty plates,Dirty cups one even had a yoghurt lid stuck in the cup!Lots of cheap variety food ,Edible.Staff were friendly in the resturant!

The entertainment:I thought was very good and variety apart from the singers (the oldies terrible)They were on most nights.

I would not reccommend this hotel to familys.I would never stay there again.

As for the entertainment out of the hotel.

I would reccommend the irish bar ,but again expensive 4 euros for a larger shandy,but a good time to be had.You must go to Hartys we had sunday lunch there it was excellent,it was down a side street in playa.Siam park was the best park to go to,great wave machine.Loro park was good not brilliant quite a way from playa 1hr 30min drive.Show time was a really good night out good decent food and drink.Aqualand 19 euros was a good day out also ,great for younger children.

The best day out was The boat trip Bodicea from peurto colon 29 euros each with free drink 2 hrs trip to see dolphins and whales ,great peopleon the boat.

Dont bother with the Medival night rubbish rubbish expensive 49.00 euros each ,for a Very greasy chicken leg ,cheap pop cheap wine,boring show.

Tenerife overall is very expensive holiday take lots of money with you ,you will need it.The beaches are not great,but the views are beautiful ....Plenty of sun.

The bad part walking out n about tenerfie was the hassle from resturants,pub,glasses & watch sellers toy sellers.I am not joking they ask come in for a drink ,eat every 1minute you walk down the street,it gets very tiring but u feel for them.

I reccommend you keep sun glasses ,handbag & watch on you all times to limit the hassle ,and hide your long hair and take plenty of sun cream with you because it is costly there.....Where a No Thank You sign around your neck it might help also.

I would never visit tenerife again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Booked through Thomas Cook for 1 week travelling with my elderly Mother and my daughter who is 4 months pregnant. On arrival we were warmly greeted and dealt with at reception very professionally and quickly, the staff cannot be faulted, their English was perfect. Our bedroom had 3 beds in it and was very comfortable and clean throughout the week.
Two things that would stop me from rebooking, 1- Food, 2- Price of alcohol. On a positive note the breakfast was fine but dinner was a disaster, cold food, half cooked and not a great choice, we ate out 5 nights of our 1 week holiday which was expensive and considering how much we paid in the 1st instance this left me very unhappy. Before my next comment I would like it to be known I am German friendly but I was disgusted by the lack of manners shown, the Hotel has to take responsibility for allowing this behaviour, one example- whilst being a normal Brit and waiting in line to be served I was physically pushed to one side by a rather large male then pushed in the back because I tried to get back in queue!!!, that was enough for me, this small majority of ignorant people unfortunately gives Germans the bad reputation.
Alcohol--- Prices were exhuberant hence lots of people watching the entertainment with no drinks in front of them!!, 2 vodkas ( not Smirnoff), lots of ice and a dash of draft coke, 1 small bottle of water cost 14 euros ( £13.70), needless to say we went out for drinks also.
Was told by a rep for another another company that this was a common complaint????, makes you wonder why nothing has been done about it before now!!!!!!
I would recommend this Hotel to others and return if these problems were addressed

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for one week in June with my teenage daughter. The hotel is in a perfect location and the pool area is very nice and well kept. However we were disappointed with the room, it was on the ground floor over looking the pool but large bushes obscured our view and the sun. The room itself although quite large was very dated and worn out. On the second night we were shocked to find we were sharing out accomodation witrh a family of COCKROACHES, after killing five we reported our problem to reception who after some RELUCTANCE changed our room to a "Junior Suit " which was actually the same sized room etc as the original but on the first floor with a nice view and of course no cockroaches. The reception duty manager although he changed our room kept me waiting for half an hour while he finished his break before attending to my cockroach problem. The food was ok nothing special plentyful but boring. Evening entertainment was average.To use the spa facilities was an additional 100 euros per 5 days. To conclude as compensation for my insect problem the hotel changed my room eventually for the last three days of our stay, gave me a complementry fridge for two days and allowed a late 3 o clock departure from the room. In return I signed a disclosure confirming that I would not make anymore demands on the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank Katenortheastengland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#11 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Dragos Del Sur
Dragos Del Sur
#5 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!