We booked this hotel for a 4 night break last weekend based on the reviews and pictures we saw on Trip Advisor, Travel Republic & the Hotel website
1. It had incredibly loud thudding 'Euro Trash music' playing from 10am - 1am
2. The beds were not doubles - they were two singles placed together (where you would fall into the gap)
3. Some of the staff were very grumpy
4. The phone in the hotel didn't work
5. The safe didn't work (we were then told you had to pay 3Euros/day extra for that)
6. The TV didn't work
7. Staff said they'd fix the broken items but no-one came
8. There was a cockroach on reception as we checked in (we should have seen this as an omen)
9. It was over-priced compared to better quality hotels
After a long day of traveling, a tetchy receptionist checked us in around 11pm. We found our room & eagerly opened the door to our 'relaxing break', only to be greeted by a pokey room and what can only be described as thudding Euro Trash 'dance' music pulsating through the room and our bodies - think Venga Boys with incredibly loud Spanish DJs shouting over the top. Assuming this was a local trashy bar, we looked out of our balcony, to see there was no local bar, it was actually the hotel 'entertainment'.
We went down to reception and were told, 'this is the entertainment every night' & that they could 'try to move us to the other side of the hotel', we said there was absolutely no way we were able to 'relax' with that racket, so thinking the noise would be switched off soon, we went for some food. When we arrived back at 12.30am the noise was still going and you could hear it clearly (although not as bad) from the other side of the hotel.
The 'music' finally went off around 1am, but was back on at 10am and sleep through the night wasn't possible due to the constant banging of doors of people coming in til 6 am.
We're in our early 30s and love music, having a laugh, enjoying ourselves and having a chilled time, but this was not 'music' or chilled, it was draining & if this is 'that' sort of hotel, it should say this on their website.
Long story short - we checked out at midday the next day & tried to get our money back for the rest of the 3 days (they were very obstructive about this) & found an apartment. We wouldn't advise booking this nightmare of a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea in Playa de las Americas, with direct access to the promenade, H10 Conquistador has just been revamped, giving it a very bright and modern design with a maritime feel. You'll be amazed by the extensive range of services offered by the hotel: Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services, for stays with that extra touch of exclusivity, Despacio Thalasso Centre, our Health and Beauty Centre for pampering yourself during your stay, and our wide variety of gastronomic options, including new eateries such as the Italian restaurant La Vita e Bella, the Teppanyaki Sakura and the specialised coffee shop Mike's Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Conquistador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Conquistador Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Conquistador
- h10 Conquistador Resort
- Conquistador Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Conquistador Tenerife
- Conquistador Tenerife
- H10 Conquistador Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas