“Anything but relaxing”
Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
“Anything but relaxing”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We booked this hotel for a 4 night break last weekend based on the reviews and pictures we saw on Trip Advisor, Travel Republic & the Hotel website

In short:
1. It had incredibly loud thudding 'Euro Trash music' playing from 10am - 1am
2. The beds were not doubles - they were two singles placed together (where you would fall into the gap)
3. Some of the staff were very grumpy
4. The phone in the hotel didn't work
5. The safe didn't work (we were then told you had to pay 3Euros/day extra for that)
6. The TV didn't work
7. Staff said they'd fix the broken items but no-one came
8. There was a cockroach on reception as we checked in (we should have seen this as an omen)
9. It was over-priced compared to better quality hotels

detail ...

After a long day of traveling, a tetchy receptionist checked us in around 11pm. We found our room & eagerly opened the door to our 'relaxing break', only to be greeted by a pokey room and what can only be described as thudding Euro Trash 'dance' music pulsating through the room and our bodies - think Venga Boys with incredibly loud Spanish DJs shouting over the top. Assuming this was a local trashy bar, we looked out of our balcony, to see there was no local bar, it was actually the hotel 'entertainment'.

We went down to reception and were told, 'this is the entertainment every night' & that they could 'try to move us to the other side of the hotel', we said there was absolutely no way we were able to 'relax' with that racket, so thinking the noise would be switched off soon, we went for some food. When we arrived back at 12.30am the noise was still going and you could hear it clearly (although not as bad) from the other side of the hotel.

The 'music' finally went off around 1am, but was back on at 10am and sleep through the night wasn't possible due to the constant banging of doors of people coming in til 6 am.

We're in our early 30s and love music, having a laugh, enjoying ourselves and having a chilled time, but this was not 'music' or chilled, it was draining & if this is 'that' sort of hotel, it should say this on their website.

Long story short - we checked out at midday the next day & tried to get our money back for the rest of the 3 days (they were very obstructive about this) & found an apartment. We wouldn't advise booking this nightmare of a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank nadsd77
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Mrs. Nadsd77

We thank you for the time you have taken in written at Tripa…and would like to express how disappointed and hurt we feel about your destructive comments which, permit us to include, are, in our opinion, quite unfair since you only have spent one night in our resort.

As you mentioned, your stay happened to be in Easter, and for that week we tent to do an extra effort and work to implement our Entertainment activities program, which is, fortunately, highly appreciated for the immense majority of our guests.
Specifically the day you are referring at we had celebrated our Tropical Thematic Party: Music, of course, but also Mojitos and other tropical drinks, colorful fruits brochettes, dance, foam party…

However, our priority is always to live up our guest’s expectation; we are very sorry you did not give us that opportunity, and hope you have a nice souvenir from your stay in Tenerife.

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,084)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
England, Sussex
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, half board. Hotel is fabulous, clean, modern with great food, staff helpful and friendly. Suitable for families, couples, old and young. Only small downside is the wifi is poor and only available in reception, but there is an Internet cafe which is super cheap and within the hotel. Overall a great hotel!
Would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Mushkin
Dear Mushkin,

Thanks a lot for posting on TripAdvisor your enjoyable holiday at H10Conquistador.
We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel.

We are happy to read you had a comfortable and pleasant stay because of the service of our staff, our location and your room. We will do our best to be available for you in any kind of emergency and it is very nice to hear you appreciate our help.

We hope to see you soon !

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

All excellent!!!!!!! Read lots of reviews prior to the holiday and can only say it was all excellent, staff, food, entertainment, room. My daughter aged 9 lived in the pool for a whole week and loved all the evening entertainment - definitely recommend :) we met some awesome people too

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jayneison
Dear JayneIson,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor about H10Conquistador and for recommending it to other travellers.

We always try to provide guests a memorable stay and make their experience in Tenerife unforgettable and we are glad knowing in your case that successed.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Two negatives only: the ueberloud music during day as well as after dinner until at least 11pm, daily. Take a room without sea view to avoid exposure.
The aircon seems to be centrally switched off or slowed down over night, so the room got hotter during the night.
Otherwise all good, clean, well organised, v good location.
Without that massive music i would rate higher.

Room Tip: Avoid sea view to avoid the music
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank trustedsource
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Trustedsource,

We would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor about your experience.

We really appreciate the time you have taken to express your disappointment during your holidays and kindly ask you to accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced. We are working to improve our services.

Apart of some points that were not well covered, we are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holiday, we are very glad to know that you were very satisfied with the choice of food, the room, the cleaness and the matress.

We hope to see you again !

South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hotel:

My partner and I stayed here at the end of March and I must say we were impressed by the hotel when we arrived. We were checked in quickly and without fuss.

We had booked a privilege room all inclusive and were surprised to be informed that we need to leave a 30 euro deposit for towels and that we would also have to pay for the use of a safe which was another 18 euro’s, 10 of which we would receive back once we checked out. I have never been to a 4 star all inclusive hotels before and had to pay a deposit for the towels and for the safe. We also had to pay 2 Euros to have the towels changed through the week. I have never stayed in an all inclusive hotel before where I have had to pay for these things. Unfortunately they did not have any safes available for two days to put in our room. We finally got one after asking around 5 times.

Room:

I had paid for a sea view and that’s what we got. It was nicely decorate, and bright, on a high floor which I had requested. No complaints what so ever about the room.

Service:

We were giving a yellow wrist band, which I hate, but I could understand the logic as some of the guests were only on breakfast or half board. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, always with a smile especially the ones in the restaurant. Upon returning to our room one day we noticed a note pushed under our door from one of the customer service managers offering to show us the facilities of the upper privilege, which we took up the offer. I must say having a separate lounge and sun bed area it was very tempting for future stays at H10 hotels. I must say she was lovely, very friendly and chatty.

Food:

The food I found to be really good there was plenty of choice and quite a lot of it was cooked freshly in front of you. There was plenty of fish on offer, which I love and some very unusual varieties as well. There was also different theme nights at which the chefs put in some really effort in to their cooking. I don’t know how anyone can comment about the food not being any good, there was plenty to choose from.

Sun beds:

The hotel has a policy that no sun beds can be reserved before 9 or 9.30, which was great as it meant that the usual selfish people who are up at the crack of dawn to ensure that they got the best spot were sadly disappointed. I did see one day a load of towels, books & bags dumped on one bed, obviously someone had been around and removed them before the given times. Congratulations to the management for putting this in place.

Last day

My partner and I decided to pay another 30 Euros to keep our room on until 3pm on the last day due to us not flying until later on in the day. I asked a girl on the reception if we could and received an abrupt reply “I don’t think so”, she then went and check to see and said oh yes you can. I asked if we could use the deposit for the towels, but again she rudely replied no you have to pay for any extras by 12 and that I would have to pay separately for the room. I explained that I did not have many Euros left and could I pay by visa card, again a no she needed Euros. I then asked is she would change me some English money, which she said yes she would. If she had of said this at the beginning I don’t think it would have caused a problem.

Later on in the day my partner and I went to check out and handed the towels and safe receipt back to the same girl on reception. She said that we needed the receipt for the towels at which my partner explained that he had handed them it in to the spa on the first day to obtain the towels. Again she was very abrupt and told my partner to go down to the spa to get the receipt back. My partner said he felt like a naughty child. After returning from the spa with two towel cards she said that these were not acceptable and that the staff in the spa did not know what they were doing. My partner by this time was very annoyed and stated that surely they would have a duplicate record of us signing for the towels. It was at this point that she started to get angry and said it would mean her going up to the office and having to go through all of the receipts. My partner told her that it was a bit to dramatic and surely it would not be that hard. By this time I had had enough and went to the customer service office and spoke to a lovely girl who said it was not on and that she would sort it. After around 30 mins of back and forth the duplicate was produced and we were given a refund almost grudgingly. This was total unacceptable behaviour and I do not expect to have this sort of customer service. This member of staff certainly needs some form of training on customer service as she is doing the hotel a disservice and I am sure other guests do not want to go through what we did.

In all we had a lovely stay, but our last day was truly spoilt by this member of staff. We do not expect to pay £1200 for a weeks stay at the hotel out of season and to be treated like this. I suggest the management tackle this problem before someone else complains about this girl.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank spencer1963
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Spencer1963,

Thank you for your great review about H10Conquistador and for recommending it to other travellers. We feel really proud when receive comments as yours. We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel.

At first we want to apologize about the behavoir of our staff, that is something unusual and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies.

We are glad to know you have enjoy your holidays and next time you want to upgrade to PRIVILEGE. Our privilege service is something which we strive to ensure is perfect for you, we are glad that you took up the option available and enjoyed the services it offered next time you would came back to spend your holidays with us.

See you soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here in March as a couple and it was hard to find fault (not that I wanted to !) . The hotel is right on a long promenade out the back, and if you go out the front you are 2 minutes away from numerous bars and shops.
We stayed all inclusive, I heard people say half board and pay for all your drinks was cheaper but I liked the convenience of have what you want , when you want it. The rooms were clean , and the wifi worked , although I found it a bit ridiculous that you could only have one wifi code per room which meant only one of you could use it at any one time. I don't go on holiday to be on the internet all the time but hey get in the modern world...if your system cant handle 2 codes per room then upgrade it !
That minor moan aside, everything else was great . The choice of food at all sittings was more than enough and we particularly liked the buffet around the pool which meant you didn't have to get changed before eating . Those who really like a drink would be pleased to know that with the all inclusive package you could have a bottle of wine (or 2) at your table lunch and evening. We took the water , saving the drinking session till after dinner .
The entertainment was good, its biggest downfall was the clientele . Being March they were generally older, and as soon as the main caberet (which was always good) had finished they got up in mass and trooped off to bed leaving the DJ playing to 5 or 6 people. I'm no spring chicken but it would have been nice to see a few more stay up till midnight and have a bit of fun.
Drinks were of a good quality with the named brands being included in the all inclusive package.
All in all a brilliant little week away from the UK winter and I'd definitely consider going back again

Room Tip: I think if I went again I'd ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor and use the stairs as the lif...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bazthehammer
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Bazthehammer,

We thank you and appreciate the time you have taken to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. This helps us to meet our main goal; to ensure all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

It is a great pleasure to us to hear that in your case we succeeded. Our location is something that we are very proud about as it allows all our guests to enjoy the amenities on offer around us, which you certainly did!
As you already know, it is our goal to provide magic and unforgettable experience, and in order to get it we keep a nice and quiet ambience with music inside and outside, for the enjoyment and relax of our entire guest.

We thank you for your visit and look forwards to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, 4 days over the Easter weekend and it ticked all the boxes. The food, atmosphere, staff and service was excellent. Highly recommend gor age group ... couples, families with young children etc. Will definitely be returning here and I cannot wait.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room, even though rooms at the front of the hotel were just as good.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kelly U
Dear Kelly,

Thanks for posting so great review on TripAdvisor about your holiday with us, H10Conquistador.

We are glad to know that you have taken pleasure in your holidays and want to come again to stay with us this is the best reward to our efforts, a satisfied customer.
We are very happy to know that you were very satisfied with the choice of food.

We hope to see you soon!