“lovely hotel, but spoilt by one member of staff”
Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hotel:

My partner and I stayed here at the end of March and I must say we were impressed by the hotel when we arrived. We were checked in quickly and without fuss.

We had booked a privilege room all inclusive and were surprised to be informed that we need to leave a 30 euro deposit for towels and that we would also have to pay for the use of a safe which was another 18 euro’s, 10 of which we would receive back once we checked out. I have never been to a 4 star all inclusive hotels before and had to pay a deposit for the towels and for the safe. We also had to pay 2 Euros to have the towels changed through the week. I have never stayed in an all inclusive hotel before where I have had to pay for these things. Unfortunately they did not have any safes available for two days to put in our room. We finally got one after asking around 5 times.

Room:

I had paid for a sea view and that’s what we got. It was nicely decorate, and bright, on a high floor which I had requested. No complaints what so ever about the room.

Service:

We were giving a yellow wrist band, which I hate, but I could understand the logic as some of the guests were only on breakfast or half board. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, always with a smile especially the ones in the restaurant. Upon returning to our room one day we noticed a note pushed under our door from one of the customer service managers offering to show us the facilities of the upper privilege, which we took up the offer. I must say having a separate lounge and sun bed area it was very tempting for future stays at H10 hotels. I must say she was lovely, very friendly and chatty.

Food:

The food I found to be really good there was plenty of choice and quite a lot of it was cooked freshly in front of you. There was plenty of fish on offer, which I love and some very unusual varieties as well. There was also different theme nights at which the chefs put in some really effort in to their cooking. I don’t know how anyone can comment about the food not being any good, there was plenty to choose from.

Sun beds:

The hotel has a policy that no sun beds can be reserved before 9 or 9.30, which was great as it meant that the usual selfish people who are up at the crack of dawn to ensure that they got the best spot were sadly disappointed. I did see one day a load of towels, books & bags dumped on one bed, obviously someone had been around and removed them before the given times. Congratulations to the management for putting this in place.

Last day

My partner and I decided to pay another 30 Euros to keep our room on until 3pm on the last day due to us not flying until later on in the day. I asked a girl on the reception if we could and received an abrupt reply “I don’t think so”, she then went and check to see and said oh yes you can. I asked if we could use the deposit for the towels, but again she rudely replied no you have to pay for any extras by 12 and that I would have to pay separately for the room. I explained that I did not have many Euros left and could I pay by visa card, again a no she needed Euros. I then asked is she would change me some English money, which she said yes she would. If she had of said this at the beginning I don’t think it would have caused a problem.

Later on in the day my partner and I went to check out and handed the towels and safe receipt back to the same girl on reception. She said that we needed the receipt for the towels at which my partner explained that he had handed them it in to the spa on the first day to obtain the towels. Again she was very abrupt and told my partner to go down to the spa to get the receipt back. My partner said he felt like a naughty child. After returning from the spa with two towel cards she said that these were not acceptable and that the staff in the spa did not know what they were doing. My partner by this time was very annoyed and stated that surely they would have a duplicate record of us signing for the towels. It was at this point that she started to get angry and said it would mean her going up to the office and having to go through all of the receipts. My partner told her that it was a bit to dramatic and surely it would not be that hard. By this time I had had enough and went to the customer service office and spoke to a lovely girl who said it was not on and that she would sort it. After around 30 mins of back and forth the duplicate was produced and we were given a refund almost grudgingly. This was total unacceptable behaviour and I do not expect to have this sort of customer service. This member of staff certainly needs some form of training on customer service as she is doing the hotel a disservice and I am sure other guests do not want to go through what we did.

In all we had a lovely stay, but our last day was truly spoilt by this member of staff. We do not expect to pay £1200 for a weeks stay at the hotel out of season and to be treated like this. I suggest the management tackle this problem before someone else complains about this girl.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank spencer1963
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Spencer1963,

Thank you for your great review about H10Conquistador and for recommending it to other travellers. We feel really proud when receive comments as yours. We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel.

At first we want to apologize about the behavoir of our staff, that is something unusual and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies.

We are glad to know you have enjoy your holidays and next time you want to upgrade to PRIVILEGE. Our privilege service is something which we strive to ensure is perfect for you, we are glad that you took up the option available and enjoyed the services it offered next time you would came back to spend your holidays with us.

See you soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here in March as a couple and it was hard to find fault (not that I wanted to !) . The hotel is right on a long promenade out the back, and if you go out the front you are 2 minutes away from numerous bars and shops.
We stayed all inclusive, I heard people say half board and pay for all your drinks was cheaper but I liked the convenience of have what you want , when you want it. The rooms were clean , and the wifi worked , although I found it a bit ridiculous that you could only have one wifi code per room which meant only one of you could use it at any one time. I don't go on holiday to be on the internet all the time but hey get in the modern world...if your system cant handle 2 codes per room then upgrade it !
That minor moan aside, everything else was great . The choice of food at all sittings was more than enough and we particularly liked the buffet around the pool which meant you didn't have to get changed before eating . Those who really like a drink would be pleased to know that with the all inclusive package you could have a bottle of wine (or 2) at your table lunch and evening. We took the water , saving the drinking session till after dinner .
The entertainment was good, its biggest downfall was the clientele . Being March they were generally older, and as soon as the main caberet (which was always good) had finished they got up in mass and trooped off to bed leaving the DJ playing to 5 or 6 people. I'm no spring chicken but it would have been nice to see a few more stay up till midnight and have a bit of fun.
Drinks were of a good quality with the named brands being included in the all inclusive package.
All in all a brilliant little week away from the UK winter and I'd definitely consider going back again

Room Tip: I think if I went again I'd ask for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor and use the stairs as the lif...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bazthehammer
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Bazthehammer,

We thank you and appreciate the time you have taken to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. This helps us to meet our main goal; to ensure all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

It is a great pleasure to us to hear that in your case we succeeded. Our location is something that we are very proud about as it allows all our guests to enjoy the amenities on offer around us, which you certainly did!
As you already know, it is our goal to provide magic and unforgettable experience, and in order to get it we keep a nice and quiet ambience with music inside and outside, for the enjoyment and relax of our entire guest.

We thank you for your visit and look forwards to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, 4 days over the Easter weekend and it ticked all the boxes. The food, atmosphere, staff and service was excellent. Highly recommend gor age group ... couples, families with young children etc. Will definitely be returning here and I cannot wait.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room, even though rooms at the front of the hotel were just as good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelly U

Dear Kelly,

Thanks for posting so great review on TripAdvisor about your holiday with us, H10Conquistador.

We are glad to know that you have taken pleasure in your holidays and want to come again to stay with us this is the best reward to our efforts, a satisfied customer.
We are very happy to know that you were very satisfied with the choice of food.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just got back from a wonderful Easter break. Hotel was fabulous all-in-all, we absolutely all loved it. We upgraded to Privilege as soon as we arrived and would definitely say it was worth it.

Hotel rooms - immacutely clean, very modern bathrooms. Daily cleaning was fantastic.
Food - main restuarant dining was impressive. Staff were very helpful and welcoming and the food was varied and generally high quality. Mike's Coffee bar was excellent (Pedro was particularly welcoming and helplful). 'La Vita y bella' restaurant was EXCELLENT for breakfast and evening meals - service was excellent and the menus were fantastic.
Pool area - due to the Privilege upgrade, we were able to use the superior bathing areas, gorgeous and comfortable beds, lots of availability and peaceful.

Reception - this was the only area of the hotel that I was disappointed by. When we tried to check out they were rude, unhelpful and we felt as though our holiday had abruptly ended. Reception staff need to take a leaf from the Restaurant staff's book.

All in all, a great experience

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Suzanne S
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Suzanne S,

Thank for posting your good experience with us on this webside TripAdvisor.

We really appreciate the time you have taken to express your disappointment during your holidays and kindly ask you to accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced. It is unusual this kind of behaviour of our personal.

Our privilege service is something which we strive to ensure is perfect for you, we are glad that you took up the option available and enjoyed the services it offered.

We hope to see you soon!!!

We will get all our personal yours sinceresly considerations,

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

After a brilliant holiday with an upgrade to a junior suite and a great choice of tasty food. I was shocked to find after booking all inclusive with First Choice that it finished at mid day even though I was not leaving the hotel for another 6 hours. Reception were very rude when I queried this and laughed aloud in my face when I asked to keep the all inclusive band.. They then said we could have lunch but would have to pay for drinks.. This proved difficult the rest of the day because we had no room card to charge the drinks to. After speaking to other guests we were told First Choice were sorting this out with the hotel. Hope they do.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda f
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Amanda F,

Thanks to post you experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. , but it is important that you know the reason why we take off the All Inclusive Band, ant it is for security, even if you don't have your brazalet, you have the lunch inclusive your last day.

We hope to see you again !

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed in this hotel with my family and had three rooms booked, it was nice that the staff arranged us rooms from the same corridor. Rooms were fine and my parent's sea view with very big balcony was amazing.
Checking in (and dealing with any other matter) was slow and felt like reception could have had more staff than two persons at the time. Wifi system was awful and sometimes didn't work at all..
Breakfast was awesome but lunch and dinner were disappointments. We had dinner there one evening and waiters were so busy they hardly could show us to the table, we just stood there waiting looking stupid. Food was often the same kind and I didn't find it delicious..
Some of the waiters were rude and they didn't seem to like their jobs.
Poolarea was too small for all the guests and it led to reserving sunbeds eventhough the hotel reminded that it is forbidden. People just ran from the breakfast to get the towels and get their sunbeds so they could sit and wait for the sun to rise. The area opened at 9am and by that time it was almost too late to get a sunbed, except from the shadow. Overall felt too crowded and restless.
What I couldn't understand was that when I wanted a clean towel (pool) I had to pay of that too..
Cleaners were nice and they always greeted. This one time though it seemed like they tried to hide my things to the room if I'd forget them there.. It would be nice if things are put back in place if moved something while cleaning.
Elevators were slow and often out of order..
For some reason many families with small children chose this hotel so if you're not a great fan of small noisy children who splashes water on you in the pool area, avoid.
We've all travelled much and stayed in four-star hotels but this felt quite average in comparison and felt like there's some improving to do in every area. I'm a little disappointed and I don't think I'm going to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Emma H,

Thank to write your opinion on TripAdvisor about your experience.

We want to let you know than we can not reserve for more than half and hour any sundbed, we are checking it almost the time.

We hope you give us the opportunity to recover your confidence in us.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have just completed a 10 day stay at this hotel, two adults and two children. We had a 2 bed family suite and along with the rest of the hotel & facilities we would find very hard to fault! It was a newly refurbished room. It was cleaned daily and was left spotless. The pool area is again spotless. There did seem to be a sun-bed shortage which resulted in a 30 minute max vacancy or your towels would be removed operation!!! Personally I think a first come first served policy with regards to sunbeds is fair, I would not arrive at a pool at 11am+ & expect to get a sunbed!!! Lilos are not permitted in the pools but our children were far too busy to worry about that! The pool entertainment/sports were also very good. On a couple of occasions we asked for directions at reception and they were extremely helpful. The waiters were absolutely great too, very refreshing to see such hard working and friendly staff in all areas of the hotel! The food is certainly some of the best we have tried whilst being on holiday, each night is a different theme with a good selection of meat/salad/pasta/bread, breakfast and lunch great too....far too much variety to list! We had a great stay here and would not hesitate in recommending to our friends and family.

Room Tip: We had a large corner room with views over the see & mountains. Check with hotel as to which roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank DennyIpswich

Dear DennyIpswich,

We are happy to read you had a comfortable and pleasant stay because of the service of our staff, our location and your room. We will do our best to be available for you in any kind of emergency and it is very nice to hear you appreciate our help. Of course we will make sure our team is aware of your compliments.

We hope to see you soon !

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#11 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
H10 Costa Adeje Palace
H10 Costa Adeje Palace
#30 of 60 in Costa Adeje

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!