“what an amazing time!”

H10 Conquistador
Barcelona, Spain
“what an amazing time!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is our first Easter holiday, first visit to Tenerife, first visit to Conquistador. At first we surprised delicious meals and drinks. Variety of foods satisfied us. Especially pasta and omelet
which cooked by chef according to our request impressed us. "Que rico!! "
Hotel location was good for shopping, eat outside of the Hotel and play at SIAM PARK (There was a bus stop near hotel and the bus was free).
In addition, Room was cleaned thoroughly by powerful madams, so we did not need to complain. We appreciated all service!
To satisfy 100%, I'd like to request 2 things improvements. One is Wi-Fi connection, the other is Sushi. As a Japanese, I could not ignore that Sushi rice was too soft. (I believe Miguel, who is very friendly staff, will manage this.)
We want to visit again during Spain life.

スペインに来て初めてのイースターでテネリフェ島にやって来ました。最初に驚いたのは食事。ただのブッフェかと思いきや、オーダーした材料を使ってその場で料理するサービスまで、、、出来たての美味しさ以上に雰囲気含めて丸ごと美味しかったです。(特にオムレツとパスタが絶品)
ホテルのロケーションも良く、買い物や食事、SIAMPARKへの便も良し。SIMPARKは絶叫系が好きな方にお勧めするプールパークです。無料バスあります。
部屋も当たり前のようにキレイにしてくれるので日本人にも安心です。
ただし訪れた時はWi-Fiの繋がりが悪く接続に苦労しました。また、寿司のシャリも改善の余地有りです。
が、とても有意義かつ充実できるホテルなので5つ星☆☆☆☆☆

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kazunori O
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Kazunori O,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor about H10Conquistador and for recommending it to other travellers. We feel really proud when receive comments as yours.

We always try to provide guests a memorable stay and make their experience in Tenerife unforgettable, and it is a great pleasure to us to hear that in your case we succeeded.

We want to apologize about the WIFI service, we are working to improve this service.

Hoping to see you soon !

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,076)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
denbigh
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just returned from a 10 day break. First time to this hotel, we were not disappointed. By timing visit to restaurant we were able to avoid the potential queues we had read about. Whilst the hotel was full we had no problem getting a sunbed. Choice and quality of food was excellent. As we were on an all inclusive holiday drinks were included. Again excellent choice of drinks along with excellent service in the "piano bar". For guests in our age group - 60+ - the location and facilities at the hotel were made for us. Staff were helpful at all times. Only problem that we came across was the access to the free WiFi , however that could have been my own fault as I am not a great IT person
Will visit again.

Room Tip: Rooms on side of hotel do not get any sun during the day.
4 Thank brian t
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Brian T,

Thank to write on TripAdvisor about your wonderfull experience with us. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We will take note of your comments into consideration in order to keep improving our services.

Our location is something that we are very proud about as it allows all our guests to enjoy the amenities on offer around us, which you certainly did!

We hope to see you soon !!

Tubize, Belgium
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We spent one week in this hotel and we had a wonderful journey. The staff was great, the room always tidied up.
We had a incredible choice of meals and it was rather delicious. There are also chefs who cook in front of you (the one at the pasta was amazing!)
Moreover the hotel has a good location : 3 minutes from the beach, 5 from the centre (however it's really quiet to sleep).
Shortly, it was really nice to stay in that hotel.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a sea view, it is just amazing !
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Cynthia1986,

We thank you and appreciate the time you have taken to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. This helps us to meet our main goal; to ensure all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

We are very glad to know that you were very satisfied with the choice of food, we work hard to give you the best menus!!

We hope to see you again !!!

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I spent a weeks half board holiday at the Conquistador Hotel on 29 March 2014. After our last Tenerife holiday in 1992 with our family this break offered us the opportunity to assess Tenerife after such a long time away. The position of the hotel gave to us the chance of exploring the older part of the resort more familiar to us and the newer part which we hadn't known from before. It is central to both. Expecting 4 star quality we were not disappointed. The only blot was after being upgraded to a junior suite, the room we were placed in didn't live up to the quality of the rest of the hotel. Maybe the room just needed a refurbishment. But as far as the rest of the hotel was concerned, it was quality throughout. The food was the best I can remember and that includes some cruises I have been on. The choice was phenomenal and quantity could not be questioned. I even tasted foods I had never experienced before in my lifetime. If one is looking for 4 star quality I fail to see how anyone could be disappointed with a stay at the Conquistador.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Albert H
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Albert H,

Thanks a lot to post your great holidays on TripAdvisor and recommend us!

We feel very proud you have loved the choice of food, our chefs works very hard every day to give you the best experience.
We want to apologice about the room, your feedback is very important for us, we will take note of your comments into consideration in order to keep improving our services.

It would be a pleasure for us to see you again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Good location, good food, good hotel but reception staff have a cannot do attitude and were unhelpful with arranging safe and on not so caring on arrival check in. You will be ok as long as you dont have any problems and then they really dont care as they keep telling you they are full so not too bothered about you as a paying customer.

1 Thank BigAlan2014
Dear BigAlan2014,

Thanks a lot for posting on TripAdvisor your holiday at H10Conquistador.

We thank you very much for your email. We really appreciate the time you have taken to express your disappointment during your holidays and kindly ask you to accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you may have experienced.
All of us here at H10Conquistador are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to show it has been an unusual case.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Lots to like about the hotel public areas lovely, service & cleanliness very good, food plenty of choice but nothing really stood out. All inclusive drinks very good, branded & bottles of wine with meals rather than by the glass.

Position of hotel very good plenty of shops, bars & restaurants in the area just felt like a bit too much hustle & bustle for me but I think on reflection I was looking for a bit more of a laid back holiday. For all the hotel is on the promenade it is a walk to the beach and chances of getting a sunbed are pretty remote unless you're a really early riser (I appreciate this will not be a problem if unlike me you are not a beachy person).

The biggest disappointment for me was the condition of the room although clean was in need of a refurb coupled with the fact it was on a low floor and on the side of the hotel that did not get sun any time of day. I know I could have requested a move ( but I like to think I have started my holiday when I reach the airport ) I felt I had paid enough for a decent room and did not want to pay more at that point for an upgrade. I just wish tour companies would more upfront about which rooms you will be allocated when the hotel is undergoing refurbishment and at that point you can choose to pay extra.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sunnyjean
Anabel G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at H10 Conquistador, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Sunnyjean,

Thanks a lot to share your experience on TripAdvisor about your holidays in H10Conquistador!

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay as you couldn't find sunbeds on the swimming pool, we have a new measure about it, you can't reserve the sunbed more than half and hour if you are not here, which give the opportunity for everybody to find one free.
Your feedback is very important to us and we will take all your comments on board.

We always try to provide guests a memorable stay and make their experience unforgettable.

We hope to welcome you once again at H10Conquistador.

MANSFIELD
Reviewed April 12, 2014

As my wife is 80 this year she decided to treat the family to a holiday and following good reviews we chose the Conquistador where we stayed from the 4th to 11th of April this year. Our group consisted of 6 adults and 2 grandchildren of 8 years and one of 6 years. I will give the downside of our holiday and leave it to other people to give the good points.
The grandchildren were enjoying themselves along with other children in the small swimming pool and were using lilos and inflatable rings and balls. However during one session the lifeguard came along and demanded all the inflatables had to be removed from the pool. At this a number of the parents were annoyed and argued with the lifeguard. My daughter demanded to see the manager and two female relationship managers came along. All they could say is that it is a Group H10 ruling. Such a ruling spoils a childs holiday as many of them love to play with inflatables, it is a natural raction. Quite a number of adults who weren't with children agreed that it is a ridiculous rule. Is it some safety rule???
However they do allow organised water polo which puzzled me. This can be dangerous say if the ball goes out of the pool and hits someone or just scares them making them slip and fall over. Bearing in mind a lot of elderly people were present. Some of our friends were also staying at the H10 Palmeras and had similar problems. At both hotels the rule appeared to vary depending how the lifeguard felt. Some people also felt they should make them into adult only hotels.
My other problems were mainly to do with communication with the receptionists.
1. When i paid to use the safe i was told the room door card would also operate the safe, even being shown a card as example from her. After around 20 minutes both my son and i couldn't find out how it worked. There being no slot for the card. I therefore phoned reception and requested someone to come to the room to show us. After another 20 minutes - NOTHING!!! I phoned a gain and mentioned i had already requested assistance. After another long wait a receptionist phoned me and asked me what kind of safe it was!!! Surely if there are different safes they should have a record of the types in each room. I explained the instructions that were on the inside of the door. At this she said someone would come to the room. ANOTHER WAIT!! When he arrived he took one look at the safe and said that i need a key. I however had to go to reception myself for the key. Thus after around 1.5 hours i had a working safe.
On booking out i forgot to claim back the 10 euros deposit fee - probably because of all the excitement i had had??
2. On another occassion i requested a bath mat and after a long wait an ordinary drinking glass was delivered to the room!!! The mat was delivered whilst we were out of the room for the evening.
3. I asked for a 6.30 morning call and got one at 5.30. I wasn't a HAPPY CHAPPY.

A couple of good points. The childrens organised entertainment was very good. Also i couldn't fault the food.
Conclusion : The Conquistador didn't match up to other hotels we have been to. I personnaly wouldn't visit the Conquistador again or even consider the H10 Group.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank CLIVE B
Dear Clive D,

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay, but it's forbidden to play with balls and lilos at the swimming pool; maybe you can feel others activities dangerous as WaterPolo but they are supervised by our entertainment team and only for half and hour.

We strive to offer an excellent holiday experience for all our Guests and we hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to recover your confidence in us.

Kindest regards from H10Conquistador's Team !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
H10 Las Palmeras
#15 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,302 reviews
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#9 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to H10 Conquistador? Share your experiences!