We stayed here in a standard room with our 7 year old son and had a fantastic holiday. The hotel is very large and in an excellent position. A door in the grounds takes you right onto the beach front. The resort is very flat and you can walk either to Los Christianos or to Adeje, if you like a decent long walk; though it's not entirely flat all the way to Adeje. You see a lot of wheelchairs in the resort so that reinforces how flat and accommodating it is for those with any disabilities or for pushing buggies and cyclists.
The standard room was on the smallish size of things, especially with a third bed for the wee one but it was very clean and modern with a small balcony and a decent bathroom with shower and bath. The beds were comfortable and the room had good air-conditioning units. If there are more than two of you I'd recommend taking more coat hangers. Additional shelves would have helped utilise the space available. There was an empty fridge too which was very useful and a safe in the room too. The balcony had a drying line contraption though maybe pack some pegs - it can be blowy. I'd recommend a sea view as it really is lovely and added to our enjoyment. I would point out though that the evening entertainment is outside by the pool and goes on and on, sometimes till after 1am and the music does carry. We could sleep through it but are all deep sleepers - if you aren't, maybe consider a room to the front of the hotel, though, of course, you then sacrifice a lovely view for shops and a busy road junction.
There are two restaurants, we ate in the standard one and found it among the very best we've eaten in abroad. Huge selections and very good quality. Buffet with some show cooking. Occasionally a group of spanish dancers appeared and walloped their heels about in the middle of the dining room which the staff seemed to enjoy more than the guests - other than striking me as a bit annoying, they didn't do any harm, and some people may have liked it. There is another italian restaurant for those in privilege class and full board. They have their own sun terrace and hot tub too and those big square bed loungers if you feel like splashing the cash.
You pay to use the spa, I understand, but the gym is free. There is a hairdressers on site too.
The reception staff were very professional, efficient and knowledgeable, especially Natalia. Staff in general were very hard-working and pleasant. The hotel has eight floors and therefore a lot of capacity so the four small lifts struggle to cope at busy times. That could be quite annoying as some nationalities have yet to grasp the concept of mannerly conduct. Also there weren't really enough sun loungers for everyone. They operate a policy where you can't leave towels on beds for too long before they are removed...so they said. I saw it happen once but in practice; they certainly weren't ripping the towels off the beds when you were in the pool and we saw claimed beds lying for hours with no one around. You can also hire beach towels I believe which saves you packing them.
The terrace bar is very pleasant and you use your room card to put everything on your account so you don't need to take cash down with you. Everything is spotless and although the large pool is unheated, the smaller one is heated and delightful if you'd rather avoid a sudden heart attack. There are no inflatables allowed in either pool so don't pack them.
Overall, for a relaxing holiday with very good food and a superb location, you'd struggle to do better than the Conquistador. We'd certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea in Playa de las Americas, with direct access to the promenade, H10 Conquistador has just been revamped, giving it a very bright and modern design with a maritime feel. You'll be amazed by the extensive range of services offered by the hotel: Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services, for stays with that extra touch of exclusivity, Despacio Thalasso Centre, our Health and Beauty Centre for pampering yourself during your stay, and our wide variety of gastronomic options, including new eateries such as the Italian restaurant La Vita e Bella, the Teppanyaki Sakura and the specialised coffee shop Mike's Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your H10 Conquistador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Conquistador Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Conquistador
- h10 Conquistador Resort
- Conquistador Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Conquistador Tenerife
- Conquistador Tenerife
- H10 Conquistador Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas