We stayed again at the Conquistador in August 2012 but were unable to post a review as we had been there in June, and trip adviser won't allow you to post another review until 3 months have passed since your last review of the same place, strange. So hence the delay in reviewing.
The hotel was just as good in August, perhaps even busier as it was the height of the season.
We personally like it really busy, so much happening or going on, you'd never get bored. This time we took part in most of the water activities, like water polo, water volleyball, aqua gym, etc. The pools are safe enough for the kids to join in as well, everybody who wants to join in is encouraged.
When the guys get involved in the water polo it can get quite competitive but the kids are looked after. When some of the young ladies take part it gets quite funny.
The choice of food is still excellent, from breakfast to dinner, a huge choice as usual, with the occasional champagne breakfast on offer. Dress code for dinner, in the summer months (June onwards) is shorts (dressy) or trousers for men. Jeans are fine for the teenagers. Beach flip flops (men or women) are not allowed also no vest tops
Re the sunbed blockers, since the rule brought in during our last stay (June 2012) that advised that no beds can be reserved before 9am, this appears to be still working which is good, tho you'll still get folk sitting on the sunbeds from 7am until 9am so that they can get the best positions. The rule that if you leave your sunbed for 30mins it can be cleared to allow other guests to occupy a sunbed, is a bit more lax, especially if you're only going to the bar for lunch. Best to get someone to keep an eye on your sunbed, if possible. Rooms, as usual are clean and bright, try and get a sea view if possible. Entertainment is on every night and closes at 12. If you want another drink you need to go inside to the bar.
They have sangria & paella making demos every week, the sangria is free, as much as you like but the paella was around 5 euros per person.
They also have the foam parties once a week, on a Thursday, which is great fun with free champagne and soft drinks for the kids. I've enclosed a couple of pics to let you see the range of ages that this attracts.
One thing when we arrived, our luggage was taken to our room for us, which was a nice touch. No we're not pensioners and are fairly fit, so the only reason we could think this was done was either the porter was available or the fact we were H10 members.
Something the hotel could do with is more umbrellas/parasols to keep the intense heat off you if you intend spending the full day at the poolside. Remember the sun in Tenerife is extremely hot and it's easy to get sunburnt. Keep the kids well protected or get them to wear a t-shirt.
We are returning to Conquistador in July this year, so looking forward to it. We will let you know what you're missing should you decide not to go to the Conquistador.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea in Playa de las Americas, with direct access to the promenade, H10 Conquistador has just been revamped, giving it a very bright and modern design with a maritime feel. You'll be amazed by the extensive range of services offered by the hotel: Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services, for stays with that extra touch of exclusivity, Despacio Thalasso Centre, our Health and Beauty Centre for pampering yourself during your stay, and our wide variety of gastronomic options, including new eateries such as the Italian restaurant La Vita e Bella, the Teppanyaki Sakura and the specialised coffee shop Mike's Coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Conquistador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Conquistador Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Conquistador
- h10 Conquistador Resort
- Conquistador Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Conquistador Tenerife
- Conquistador Tenerife
- H10 Conquistador Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas