“Fantastic hotel, what a brilliant holiday would definately return.”
Review of H10 Conquistador

H10 Conquistador
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Just returned from a fantastic holiday. Could not fault this hotel at all. As soon as you walk through the main doors you can see this is a clean and well kept hoteL. I travelled with my husband and son who is 14 and my daughter who is 11. We stayed on the 5th floor in two separate rooms. Don't worry if you are not given a pool view we were'nt we were on the side overlooking garabaldies restaurant. What a brilliant view we had of the mountains, sea and other hotels.The food was lovely with plenty of choice. Daytime entertainment was good my children enjoyed participating in water polo and watervolley. Maids were very friendly and cleaned our room brilliantly, they even folded our night clothes neatly. Would defiinately recommend this hotel loved it.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank coxhoe
Write a ReviewReviews (5,984)

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We are well aware of the cockroach problem in Tenerife, but did not expect to find them running about our hotel room. We complained about the problem, only to find a canister of spray left in our room. We used the spray before we went out in the evening only to find cockroaches again on our return. I made an offical complaint to the main desk and had it entered in to the hotel complaint book and was told someone would contact me before I left the hotel, but no one did. I left a letter of complaint to the hotel manager with my full details, but again no one has bothered to contact me. I made the booking on the telephone directly with the hotel.
Breakfast was not the best I have ever had.

Room Tip: Try the upgrade. Although we were not offered this option when we checked in.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Archy28
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My wife and I have recently returned from 2 weeks at the H10 Conquistador in Playa De Las Americas. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and are looking to return next Easter. The lobby had clearly just been refurbished and was very swish and modern.More 5 star in looks than 4 star. Th check in was quick and friendly and we had upgraded to Premium which are rooms on the 6th Floor of the Hotel with their own terrace and lounge where one could help oneself to any drinks between 10.30an and 8.30pm. There were also nice new sunbeds which, whilst we were there were rarely used. There was also a small jacuzzi. Only Premium card holders could enter the terrace via a keyed door.

The food was fine but there weren't enough staff we thought to cope with the large numbers of holidaymakers at the Hotel.
There is however a recently opened Italian Restaurant with discounfs for Premium people.

The location is superb with direct access to the beach.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank johnandjulie085
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is my 5th visit to the H10 Conquistador. I chose this hotel mainly for it's location. This is the First time i have decided to review my experience.

Upon arrival the latest time i could see some changes had been made to the Front entrance / foyer area, which had been given an updated feel as well as a couple of new facilities:
One of them was the addition of an A la carte restaurant which was located on the Lower level of the foyer, If you were a guest staying HB/ FB you could swap an evening meal in the hotel dining room for an a la carte meal at a reduced price. I didn't bother using this as the menu didn't look appealing to my taste.
Next to the A la carte restaurant was a new coffee shop which to say we were in Spain had an English sounding name (Mikes coffee) The prices were reasonable, but the cups were a bit on the small side plus the opening times varied each day.
Check in was relatively quick and the Man behind the reception was polite and quick enough at checking me in, Every time I've stayed at the hotel the reception staff have been pleasant and understood English. Due to the fact that I had booked with the hotel company direct i was required to pay on arrival which was no hassle and the price i was quoted at the time of booking remained the same at the time of paying.
The Room

I was allocated a room on the 7th floor ( the hotel honoured my request for a high floor). The room was a refurbished one which included a flat screen TV and fridge, You were also given complimentary toiletries which were replenished as and when required. The room was cleaned every day to a high standard. The view was good looking out to sea especially at sunset. I could also see the privilege terrace which didn't look much. The only problem is getting to and from the floor due to the lifts been slow especially at meal times.
The meals

I stayed Half Board
The meals were served buffet style with various different tastes catered for although the dining room could be quite chaotic at times, due to the plates on some of the buffets been located in the middle of the queue which could lead to people pushing in,Some times the hot food temperatures could be a bit on the luke warm side, there was also pasta, noodle dishes as well as steak and fish been freshly cooked in front, of you although the queues could be quite long for them. The dining room staff were again polite enough one waiter even remembered what drink i wanted the next day. Maybe the dining room will be the next area to be refurbished.

The pool side/ entertainment
What a nightmare Whilst the pool itself is very big the poolside area is quite small for the size of the hotel, with sunbeds tightly packed together, If you wanted to stay by the poolside make sure you get your lounger by 08:00 or you have no chance due to the usual "hotel game" of putting towels on loungers at stupid o'clock then not bothering to use the lounger for a few hours and looking at the designs on the towels it wasn't just a certain nationality.
The pool bar was always busy (as it was the only bar that guests staying AI could use) although service was quite quick and they've also introduced a queuing system which "should" help combat queue jumping. Prices were quite reasonable although some of the snacks weren't very good. I sometimes used the piano bar as it was quieter and you didn't feel uneasy about not been all inclusive
During the day there was an activity programme which consisted of activities such as water polo. aquarobics. table tennis etc. I didn't partake in them but saw a couple of lively water polo / water volley matches.
At night the entertainment was by the poolside and consisted of a different act each night
I saw a couple but they seemed a bit mediocre.
Conclusion
The hotel is in a good location (5 mins to nearest bars/ beaches and 10 mins from Veronicas), The food quality is a bit mediocre (could this be down jumping on the AI bandwagon}. Although parts of the hotel have been refurbished there are still parts that need attention, the dining room been one and the sun bed situation needs policing better. Another problem is that the hotel has jumped on to the AI bandwagon which could lead to a deterioration of quality,
I probably would stay at the hotel again but not as a main holiday

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank marc L
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed in the Junior Suite, room was perfect, maid service was exceptional, staff was friendly. All-Inclusive is not worth the price paid. Does not include bottled water, limited to pool area only. Charges for glasses, restaurants close too early, no room service late at night. Do not pay for All -inclusive. Not like Mexico all inclusive or cruise lines. They need to improve this for the money paid.

Room Tip: No coffee pot, mini bar, Iron... For a junior suite was expected...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Have stayed here a couple of times. The hotel reception and pool areas are nice and clean. Rooms are grand. The restaurant is a little dark and hot and I didn't find it very comfortable.

Nice view out to sea from the rooms, especially at sunset.

The location is fine, short walk to the main shopping street and a little further to the main sandy beach. There are better options, but you could do worse too.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank JW_Belfast
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before - in fact this was our fifth visit! On all the other times we were half board and the service was very good and so was the food. On this occasion we stayed all inclusive and the only word to describe it was appalling, The food was invariably cold or at best luke warm, the hotel is very short staffed so tables were not cleared, everything was self service when in the past coffee at breakfast and drinks were brought to your table. The all inclusive left a lot to be desired as the bar in the actual hotel was classed as non all inclusive which meant that it was empty as anyone all inclusive would only drink outside and invariably it was so packed and there was nowhere to sit if you didnt get there early. The hotel has just been redecorated and looks lovely and it is situated in a very central part of Los Americas which is its saving grace as the service and food left a lot to be desired

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple