“Lovely holiday”

Hotel Best Tenerife
Costa Teguise
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 1 week family holiday in the Best Tenerife hotel. In General was very pleased with the hotel and would go again. Food was hot and plentiful and they tried to add some variety on the carvery each day. The hotel is only a short walk from the beach, lovely shops, bars and restaurants, however is in a nice quiet spot so not disturbed at night. The pool was cold and to get a sun bed you had to set your alarm clock so we went to the beach which was much better. Didn't use the hotel in the evening so not sure about the quality of the entertainment.
Overall had a good time and would go again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ensorman
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience in our hotel.
It’s a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your holidays with us.
Regarding the main pool, being separated in 2 parts, one part is climatizated in the winter period and the other one not.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Tenerife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before with my husband and know the area very well. I was on holiday this May with my mum aunty and cousin. I choose the hotel as I had been before, my mum and aunty have ms so needed a disabled room which was brilliant full wet room and the balcony had sunbeds and brolly so they didn't have to go to the pool. The only thing I would say was that the rail in the wardrobe was extremely high, could be a bit lower. My room was straight opposite to theirs which was very handy. The hotel was very peaceful at all times.
The staff you cannot fault very helpful, pleasant etc. food plenty of choice and tasty.
I think however the wifi could be extended to the rooms. A few more brollys maybe for pool area.
we have booked already for next May.
If you have people in your party who don't get around so easy this hotel is very accommodating. All on the flat.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Raebus
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this fantastic review.
We are very glad to read your comments knowing that you have so enjoyed your holidays with us and to hear that you have already booked for next year. We have now the WIFI in place on the guests rooms and also free of charge.
On behalf of all our team we want to say a big thank you for taking your time in sharing your experience in our hotel.

We are looking forward to your coming visit.

Kindest regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just returned with my family from the Best hotel,and we found 3 cockroaches In our room and 2 in the sauna. After complaining to the receptionist on night duty,he insisted that the hotel had no cockroaches and sent staff up to kill them for us.The entertainment is just awful!absolutely terrible.however,the staff clearly work very hard and are very kind.the hotel is very very dated.Looks like it hasn't been decorated since the 80's.I also know every hotel has a sun bed problem but this was a joke!give this hotel a miss is my advice,much better hotels are around.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Ashley K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
Please be assured that the hotel is very clean, neat and higienical checked and we have a fumigation plan that is carried out correctly, nevertheless since these are flying insects we are not exempted from their visits.
We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your holidays with us and we hope that you can consider to return to our hotel and see the improvements made.

Kind regards,

Staffordshire
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for a week with my Mum and my four children, age 13, 11, 10 and 6.

Firstly the room; we had a '2 bedroom apartment' which had sofa beds in the living room, pretty much standard for 6 of us wishing to share the same apartment. The apartment was in a corridor type set up and the bedrooms were more like bed areas, did the trick but there was no privacy at all. The bathroom was beautiful looking, huge with an enormous mirror and brilliant shower, strangely with no extractor fan though. It also had a hair dryer which when I tried to use it, started sparking and smoking, so left that well alone. Maid service was daily, staff were courteous and thorough, respected the do not disturb sign which is handy if you want a lie in.

The hotel complex is clean, if a little dated and in need of a spruce up. I found it all to be a little regimented. I know this is the nature of the all inclusive but this really felt like it was being ran with military precision. A criticism I have is that the bar staff were reluctant to serve children. We paid a lot of money for this holiday so the kids could go up and get drinks and ice cream when they wanted to. My kids are polite and courteous but on many occasions were ignored by bar staff when they wanted drinks in favour of adult guests, many of whom pointed this out to bar staff that there are children in the queue before them.

The food I wasn't impressed with, carb fest x 3 on a daily basis. I liked the fact that gluten free dishes were pointed out by signs but if anybody is thinking of staying here who are vegetarian or vegan, bring some food with you as you will get sick of dry bread and pasta! Another thing was that a couple of days in, 3 of our party were struck down by a tummy bug; as our apartment was next to the toilets, it seemed that a lot of people were struck down with the same.

Hotel location is great, not far from the beach and the buzz of Las Americas. Took my daughter and her newly found friend shopping under Parque Santiago III apartments shopping complex and there's so many perfume and nick nack shops, we spent hours there! There's also a McDonalds on the front which I took my youngest son to as a treat.

Kids club was good, my sons signed up for this most days and enjoyed themselves.

Overall, this hotel is OK but really not for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We have taken note of all your comments and are looking into it to be able to improve all our services.
Our goal is always to offer to all our customers the best service at the best price.
Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel and we stay at your disposal for any thing you would like to add.

Kind regards

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We arrived at The Best Hotel 15th October for 10 days. I had stayed there before and had requested a certain room, which we were given. As always the staff were extremely helpful. The maids kept our room lovely and clean, with fresh towels and clean bed linen. We were forgotten by the maids on one occasion, which I should think is an easy mistake to make, and when we rang reception they apologised and the maid was there within 15 mins. The hotel is very clean. Bar staff are excellent. The only moan I would have is the hot food in the restaurant for some reason is often quite cool. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane B
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Jane,

Thank you for your positive review!
We are delighted to know you felt so well attended by all our staff members and have taken note of your opinion to improve our services. We will be looking forward to receive soon again

Kind regards,

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We. Have. had two weeks at this hotel three years since we last went and was treated like old friends..All the staff very friendly and helpful.All the staff from management to the porters work so hard to make sure you have a good holiday

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gill2710
BESTHOTELS2013, Directora Hotel at Hotel Best Tenerife, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time in writing us this review.
We really appreciate your comments and are glad to know you had a lovely stay with us.

Hope to welcome you back very soon at Best Tenerife and we are at your disposal for any thing you would like to add.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed for four nights at this hotel, having stayed once before. I checked reviews before I booked and cannot understand how people can complain about the hotel, especially the food. One of the reasons I picked this hotel again was the excellent choice of food available and I wasn't disappointed this time, in fact I think they have added extra elements ie fresh fruit smoothies at breakfast and pizza and garlic bread being cooked fresh during the evening meals. There is so much choice, there must be something for everyone.

I contacted the hotel before arrival and requested the ground floor pool view as I had previously and I was allocated exactly what I asked for. Room had two double beds, good air con, fridge, flat screen tv, unfortunately with only Sky News in English if you want to watch tv. Room clean with large bath towels and toiletries provided.

On my second day I returned to the room to find a bag of biscuits and a bottle of bubbly left for me which I thought was very nice, put it down to being a returning guest??

Check in was good and the reception staff were very friendly and helped me with my wifi which would not work. Just had to wait about 30 minutes for my room to be ready so just went next door to the shop to buy water whilst I waited.

The entertainment had moved indoors this time and I only went to watch a couple of times, nothing I particularly wanted to see. Drinks were not too expensive and the cocktails were well presented.

The hotel is in a nicer area of PDLA, just a short stroll to the beach and some nice shopping centres with plenty of bars and restaurants.

I didn't use the pool, which is very nice, as I like to be on the beach. Sunbed with umbrella 8E on one beach and 5E with shade on another. There is a small train costing 11E runs around the resort which passes 40 minutes and gives you a chance to see some of the other hotels and areas.

I would definitely return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I've only stayed on ground floor with pool view which are good.