Travelled as a family of 4 August 13th - 23rd staying on Half Board basis in a family room.
Staff were very friendly especially in the restaurant and they all spoke very good English which was great as my Spanish has never developed beyond hello and good morning.
Yes the hotel could do with a lick of paint here and there like most hotels you visit on your hols but I don't think this is reason enough to slate the hotel like some folks have, the hotel is however very clean throughout.
Food in the restaurant was good and always well cooked, lots of fresh bread at breakfast every day, good choice of main dishes on an evening along with steaks, chops, fish etc on the grill and joints of meat most night as well, I really can't see how people can complain about the food here.
Pool area was excellent, very clean and pools not too deep for kids, but you did need to get up early (7:15am) if you wanted a particular spot by the pool. We never used the pool bar for snacks as it always seemed busy with A.I. guests waiting for burgers etc.
Our family room was on the lower ground floor and was more than big enough for the 4 of us, it had 2 bedrooms, bathroom and a small lobby area, it was cleaned every day by the maid and there was always enough fresh towels every day. The only problem we had with the room was the discovery of a cockroach in the bed at bedtime one night which was not pleasant. This was reported to the reception who were very sympathetic about the situation and did all they could to try and rectify the problem, it has to be said that other than that cockroach in the bed we only saw another 2 or 3 in the hotel for the whole of our stay which compared to other parts of Tenerife and the Canaries we've stayed in was very good.
We never stayed in the hotel at night so can't comment on the quality of the entertainment. David from the hotel's animation team was very good and has way too much energy for one person, he's really worth watching when he does the aquarobics and he was not in your face pestering you to get involved like they do at some hotels.
On the whole we enjoyed our stay at The Best Tenerife and even after the bedtime incident would probably return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Best Tenerife is located in the South of Tenerife, on the well known beach of Las Americas and only 300m. from Las Vistas beach. Comfortable rooms with balcony, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, security door lock, telephone, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Restaurant and Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Best Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Tenerife Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Tenerife Princess Hotel
- Hotel Tenerife Princess
- Hotel Best Tenerife Playa De Las Americas