3,629 results
All reviews plunge pool pianist playing the hard rock cafe mare nostrum resort mediterranean hotel sea view sister hotel glass of champagne lovely hotel champagne on arrival breakfast was amazing top floor chocolate fountain bed and breakfast basis superior room gala dinner safari centre
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

On the last 2 occasions we have been to Tenerife we have stayed at the Bahia Princess, a lovely hotel where the food was exceptional but this time we wanted to be a little closer to Los Christianos for some of the nicer beaches, restaurants, shopping & so we thought the Cleopatra Palace would fit, which it did. Before travelling I read a lot of reviews about the Cleopatra Palace & many had a common theme regarding the food & the rooms. Having returned form a week at the hotel I can see why previous customers have raised these issues & I think it's because a hotel that gives out all the impressions of being quite grand from the exterior brings about expectations of the interior & services being the same, which I am afraid like other I have to agree with. The furniture in the rooms look very tired & dated...I wondered if ours had been hand painted in a rather sickly green. They still function for practical purposes but it removed the 'wow' factor that the rest of the building suggests would be waiting for you in your room. Then there is the food. Conversations abounded from almost everyone I spoke to regarding how poor the food was & how limited in terms of variety. There is no doubt this really lets the hotel down & with so many guests making the same comment it surely has to be in their interest to address these issue. These 2 items are to me the only ones of any significance as the staff could not have been more obliging, the hotel is spotless and the location is excellent.

1  Thank Mike H
Alejandro C, Director General at Hotel Cleopatra Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for rating us. I hope you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your suggestions regarding our rooms and buffet, much appreciated.

I hope to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2019

The location is the most important aspect of your holiday, this hotel is perfect. However, I stayed at the Cleopatra Palace, which in my view is more for the older couple. The hotel is spacious, but somewhat dated. Food is a huge part of my holiday when i book half board and above. The quality of the food was underwhelming and ended up eating out most nights after spending a lot more on half board. I have stayed in hotels 5 minute walk from the main strip and the food was excellent, so I would not stay here again just because of the location. The activities are underwhelming. We got to use the Mediterranean palace hotel and bought food in the shop everyday .
Our room was nice, looked onto Med palace and pool.
All in all a relaxing stay, for 1 week, great location, but after what we paid and had to eat out....won't stay again.... could have got 2 weeks for the price (and have done) and better quality 5 minute walk away

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Alejandro C, Director General at Hotel Cleopatra Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Dakota,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your opinion about your recent stay with us.

I am really sorry to see that your impression of our Hotel has been so negative. Apparently nothing has been entirely to your satisfaction, except maybe our location, which I appreciate.

We will take your comments into consideration for future improvements.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

There is no denying that this hotel is perfectly placed for beach and nightlife. We had a 3rd floor sea view room which was ideal for our needs - clean and well laid out apart from some signs of water stains under the taps and shower.
We only needed B&B as the location was chosen to enable an older member of the group to access easily the plethora of nearby restaurants and bars,
The pool area was primarily used by adults. Sunbeds were readily available with no real obvious hierarchy for the early morning 'towel layers'. The staff were consistently professional, helpful and friendly but maybe lacked the intimacy you can experience at other hotels. Free WiFi and safes were appreciated but my only slight gripe was that the benefits gained by us from the sister hotel were minimal if not slightly negative. The perceived gate security was negated by the free access anyone could have gained from the other hotel. Also it seemed a shame that certain areas were underused, such as a TV bar, in an apparent cost cutting strategy by making such facilities only available in the more family oriented sister hotel. This included the only gym which cost 6 euro per day. All in all it is a lovely hotel and I would happily return again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your comments and share it with other travelers and for showing us the point in that we have to continue working hard.

Thank you once again for your feedback! We hope to see you again very soon!

Best regards.

Reviewed June 11, 2019

This is a lovely hotel situated on the more upmarket Avenida De Las Americas. It is on a large complex, sharing with its sister hotel the Mediterranean Palace.

The Cleopatra is all marble floors, staircases and mirrors and reminded me of the old style colonial hotels. It's quite a magnificent spectacle when you first arrive.

The room was fine. It was a standard room but clean and tidy with a bathroom in good condition. We had a nice view of the pool.

The Mediterranean Palace is the busier of the hotels, and you can use all the facilities there as well if you wish. There is live entertainment every evening overlooking the pool at the Mediterranean.

There were plenty of sunbeds available in the Cleopatra and also complimentary pool towels. We never had a problem. There's a lovely sheltered beach literally just outside the hotel reception. (It's not a private beach but it may as well be, it's that close, and not too busy. The sea is perfect for swimming in as there is a sea wall protecting it from the larger of the waves. Hire of two sunbeds and a straw topped wooden parasol was 12 euros all day, which we thought was not too bad at all).

The breakfasts were great, with plenty of choice, even when it was busy.

We never booked evening meals, and we were glad of that because directly opposite the hotel there are some fantastic restaurants, offering all kinds of food. You won't be limited in choice that's for sure.

There are also some very nice, exclusive shops directly opposite the hotel.

TIP: The onsite shop in the Mediterranean Palace sells lovely crusty-style cheese and ham rolls for one euro each. Perfect at lunchtime when it's too hot to venture out!

Finally, the staff are outstanding. Every member we encountered was polite and helpful.

In summary, if you're looking at Playa de las Americas, but want more upmarket, quieter accommodation, with vibrant shops and restaurants just over the road, then this is the place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsb66

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post such a positive and detailed review on your recent holidays at Cleopatra Palace.

I am truly happy to know of your satisfaction with most aspects of our service and facilities.

Best regards.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Alejandro C, Director General at Hotel Cleopatra Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019