“Fantastic Hotel, Will be returning”

Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have just returned from a week at the Cleopatra Palace and can honestly say we had a wonderful time and are already looking at booking to return in October of this year. We had booked a late arrival and were met at the main entrance by a porter to carry our bags to reception and then on to our room. We were offered a glass of Cava whilst booking in and the staff were extremely helpful. We had a room in the main building with a pool view and were more than happy with everything in the room. We only booked bed and breakfast as we wanted to experience the local restaurants and were more than happy with the meals we had during our stay, however this meant that we cannot comment on the evening meals available here. We have never stayed in a hotel which has as much choice for breakfast as they have at the Cleopatra Palace, however there was just one little problem in that the "hot" food was actually only warm and if you chose to eat by the pool you cooked breakfast was normally cold by the time you got to your table. This should never be a problem though because there is an enormous choice of other foods. We were due to be picked up at 6pm and were concerned that we would be kicking our heels for hours after booking out at mid-day, however we were really pleased when we were offered a complimentary room before being collected so that we could spend the day by the pool and then go to the complimentary room to shower and change for our journey home. This is not something we have experienced before and made our last day so much more enjoyable.
We enjoyed our stay here so much that within 24hrs of returning home we are already looking to book again for October this year.

Room Tip: Pool view or sea view 2nd floor or above are the best
2  Thank angelacoombs
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for sharing it here in Tripadvisor.

I´m really glad to know of your satisfaction and I will be more than happy to welcome you again next October.

I will share your suggestions about the food temperature with our chef, so that he can make sure that our buffet tables are working properly.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you need regarding your next booking.

Esteban Sedano

Write a ReviewReviews (3,138)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I booked a holiday for my family to celebrate my mothers 80th birthday. I have been too the hotel many times and could guarantee there would be no problems.

I booked three Sea View Rooms as there were six persons in the party. My mother and aunt, my son and his best friend and finally my wife and I.

On arrival we were booked in by the usual staff who made us feel so welcome. Their service is excellent. They are very good and so efficient at dealing with all the bookings. They greeted my mother and welcomed her to the hotel and made her feel very special.

The rooms as usual were just perfect. Overlooking the beach on a high floor so we could see everything happening. The rooms throughout the holiday were very very clean. The housekeeping staff are very good in the hotel. The maids are so friendly and do such a great job.
We also made some really nice friends in the room next to ours. Hello Aunty. I hope your well.

The food at breakfast was great. Lots of choice. Everything you could think of and could wish for at breakfast time. Restaurant staff excellent as usual.

On the day of my mothers birthday the hotel staff were just fantastic. They decorated her room with birthday messages and balloons.
At breakfast the restaurant manager arranged a birthday cake with candles that was presented to her. The staff and guests all sang Happy Birthday to her. She was so embarrassed and just absolutely loved every minute of it all. Thank you to everyone.

The reception staff all wished my mother birthday greetings when she was speaking to them that day. Again thank you for your kindness.

I have submitted reviews for this hotel previously. I believe the hotel just goes from strength to strength and continues to provide a fantastic holiday.

Again, thank you to all the reception staff, you were fantastic. Senor Miguel Duran, please take care of my Cuban brother Pedro until I return.

I have now booked again for August. Trying to fit in a quick week during June, just to top up the tan but as yet have not told the wife.

Thank you to everyone at The Cleopatra Hotel who made our holiday so special.

See you very soon .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank WatchFromTheShadows
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure reading your nice and detailed review.

I have just passed a copy of it to the entire hotel team as I wanted to share with them your congratulations and obvious satisfaction with their service. As hoteliers, we couldn´t ask for more.

It is us who must thank you for choosing us every year and for celebrating here such special date.

We are all looking forward to welcome you again and I hope your next stay will be as good as this one.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous week at this hotel. Right on the beach and in the heart of las Americas. The staff are fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. My only complaint is the food which I did not enjoy at all although I have no doubt there will be others who will disagree. Having said that we are planning to go back in September but will do bed and breakfast. Would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take land view room as could be noisy, pool or sea view if your budget stretches worth eve...
2  Thank maureen458
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and most of our services. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in September and I hope your experience imrpoves then.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any special request. We´ll do our best to meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Myself and a friend booked into the Cleopatra Palace Hotel for a 3 night stay through Booking.com and everything about our stay was great. On arrival, we were offered complimentary champagne and were lucky enough to be upgraded from our poolside room to a beach view room with a private pool and balcony for free. The room was spectacular and i can easily say i have never stayed anywhere nicer. The room had such great views and everything we needed that we barely left as there was very little need to sit down the beach when we had all day sun, a view of the beach and our own pool. The breakfasts are also incredible - nearly every breakfast food imaginable is available and it is absolutely delicious. After my stay here, i honestly dont think i could stay anywhere else in Tenerife. The staff go above and beyond and the hotel even offers a complimentary room to have a shower before you fly out if you have to check out in advance of your flight. The location is also fantastic - amazing shops, restaurants, bars, entertainment, beach etc. This hotel is a winner and has gained a loyal customer.

Room Tip: Although a bit more expensive the beach view room with private pool is amazing - you wont want to le...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank astroatlas03
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments.

I´m really pleased to know of your satisfaction with our services and facilities during tour three day stay and knowing that it has been good enough to turn you into a loyal customer is the best we could expect.

I suggest you to ask for a loyalty registration in our EClub during your next stay so that you can enjoy aditional advantages in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed only one night here, but was very impressed with the overall size and layout.
Stayed in a superior room with "plunge pool" but this really looked like a over large bath with cold water so a bit of a disappointment there.
The buffet breakfast was very impressive. I have never seen so much choice and the size of dinning area huge was incredible. Definitely the highlight.
Very convenient for the shops and restaurants across the road,
Will go again for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I´m glad to read that your short experience with us has been positive.

It would be impossible to build swimming pools at each terrace on the top floor, this is why we always insist on the fact that ours are plunge pools. Although you have not been able to enjoy it now, I can asure you that in summer you would take great advantage of it!

I hope to welcome you again soon for a longer stay.

Do not hesitate to check prices and availability on our web page.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

After admiring this hotel for years decided to spoil ourselves by booking a superior room with plunge pool in october 2013. Unfortunately only the view of the pool was superior. The furniture in the room and the maintenance around the plunge pool left a lot to be desired. Furniture was blistered, chipped and in generally tatty condition. On complaint we were offered a room overlooking the building works going on so stayed where we were. We did get replacement furniture but truthfully not much better than before. Also the bin in our toilet was so rusty that the maintenance man kicked it out the room saying 'no no no'.

I agree with other travellers about the pleasant staff and lovely breakfast, but this I would expect from a hotel of this standard. However there is a definite need for replacement of fixtures

Not sure we will be rushing back (as much as we loved our terrace) until we hear upgrading of rooms and furniture make it worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sincere, if belated, review.

I´m sorry to know that the standard of our rooms have not been up to your expectations although of course we will be glad to welcome you again once they have been refurbished.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information on prices and availability.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have stayed for the 5th time at the Cleopatra Palace Hotel and again enjoyed our stay.
The service we had was excellent and staff pleasant. The breakfast is still fantastic with a large choice. I would agree with others that the hotel has an issue with leaks as we had to pass a bucket daily in a communal area and the marks on the ceilings show that they have a problem. I hope they can resolve this as it does detract from the hotels ambiance. We were for the first time
in a side block (room 7108), which is on a ground floor. It was somewhat noisy as any transport had to pass over the speed bumps, so the bottle bank lorry was especially loud early in the morning. The rooms on this part of the building look like they need a bit of TLC and are smaller than the main building. Our double room was two singles beds put together. Not ideal. Previously there was an issue with sunbeds being held with towels, but I think they are resolving this as we seen several sets of towels removed when the owners went shopping etc. but the pool guy was very zealous as he managed to take the towel of a gent who was just in swimming.
It was entertaining though.
I would give this a rating of 5 stars, if they resolve the leaks and brought clean but basic rooms up to the elegance shown in the architecture and public areas within the hotel.

Room Tip: Main building or higher on side buildings would be more peaceful

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and for your loyalty during the lates years, much appreciated.

I will take good note of your suggestions on how to improve our facilities on the first floor rooms.

As you have noticed, we are working hard to stop sun beds reserving and hopefully this problem will be totally solved for your next stay.

I suggest you to contact us prior to your arrival to request a room on the floor of your preference. We can not guarantee especific rooms but we will be pleased to offer you the closest one.

Esteban Sedano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Europe Villa Cortes
Europe Villa Cortes
#7 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#6 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
3 mi away
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#16 of 61 in Costa Adeje
Iberostar Las Dalias
Iberostar Las Dalias
#8 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!