“Short break”

Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Short break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel was once again excellent, the staff really look after you and make the most of your stay, hotel is lovely and clean
The hotel had a loyal stay meal for guests which was very good, meal and drinks with a band and disco all provided for by the hotel, will go back again in the summer

Room Tip: No problems with any of the rooms we have stopped in
1 Thank stephen_crewdson
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I will be plased to welcome you again next summer. Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information on availability and special promotions.

Warmest regards,

Esteban Sedano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
BELFAST
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was the fourth time we have stayed. The staff are still excellent and the breakfast very good. The rooms are getting a bit tired and in need of a refurb but they are spotless. It is in the best location in the resort. Wifi didn't work very well the week we were there as they were working on it. Also they kept clearing away the sunbeds (5 times in one week) at about 5.00pm. This was very annoying when you were trying to relax at the pool at the end of the day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KLJBelfast

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m glad tor ead that you are still enjoying our services and facilties when visiting Tenerife.

Please, accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences with the wifi service. We are installing a new wifi system and this has caused a few cuts in the signal supply.

We will be happy to welcome you again soon.

Falkirk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Have just returned from a week in this fabulous hotel ( our fifth visit ) I had emailed ahead requesting a particular room which we had had previously, and while we couldn't get that one were given the one next door.
The breakfast buffet is amazing, so much to choose from.
The reception staff are so friendly and welcoming and a special mention must go to Julia who checked us in.
We will be back soon

2 Thank Suzy1802
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I´m really happy to know of your satisfaction with our services and staff. I will pass ypur congratulations to Julia. I´m sure she will be glad to receive them.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon. Do not hesitate to contact us for any request and as usually we will do our best to fulfill your expectations.

Warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous holiday at this hotel - the breakfasts are amazing - everything from made to your requirements cooked breakfast - cava - fruit different kids of bread - just great - (not great coffee actually) - clean rooms and great free Wifi (updated while we were there with wires and stuff put in the rooms last week - but this is what you need to know ….the kids club is legendary …I have twin four year olds ….and no one can imagine what's that like…they did sessions of push bike riding…gardening, swimming in the paddling pool ..dancing, baking, arts and crafts …and the kids get a free lunch - you can drop them at 10 and pick them up at 6 and some people did but we let the kids come and go and positioned ourselves just outside the door so they knew where we were - there is also a massive ball park climbing frame thing - there is a baby kids club too - seriously if you are a family its heaven!!!! - its location is wonderful about 15 steps from one of the best beaches on the island and equidistant from Los Christianos and Playa DE Las Americas

Room Tip: ask for a room over the pool - its expensive to have a sea view -
1 Thank Daisyinlondon
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

I´m really glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, especially your children.

Our Kids Club is undoubtedly the best of Tenerife south and we keep improving and extending this service with new activities.

I will be pleased to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife. Do not hesitate to contact me through our web page for anything you might need.

Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We're just back from a week long stay at the cleopatra palace hotel, fantast looking hotel, brilliant location, great reception staff and the room was adequate. But I'm glad we only booked b&b as when we first arrived at the dining hall we eventually assumed with out any sign or direction ( we're used to being greeted and being given dining information) to grab table and go get everything yourself. On arrival we informed the receptionist I was a coeliac and was told it was no problem the had a table with suitable food, which was great or so we thought. When I couldn't find any sign of such table I TRIED to ask and was looked at oddly or told " I dont understand " then walked away from. When I did get someone who seemed to understand I was rudely asked what I wanted? If I didn't know what they had how was I to know what I wanted!I was getting quite distressed at this point,all I wanted to know was what was suitable for me to eat since at this point I felt they didn't cater for me and was told by one member of staff nothing was suutable but eventually I was given a plate with toast in a packet that tasted like sand and sugar and some biscuits. Any other hotel I've been to from Ireland to Egypt to America I was made feel very comfortable and informed, I'm used to being shown all safe foods for me to eat say in the cooked areas,not here and this was what breakfast was like most mornings unless I just had fruit, getting toast took about 10 minutes each morning after multiple attempts . Not what you want on holiday!that was the big issue for me not a biggie unless you're in a position where food is a safety issue for your health.the pool and convenience to the beach was great, a big hotel that was abit of a maze that some staff didn't know their way around as we were given wrong directions to book excursions and meeting points and some doors didn't work but atleast there was another door near by,not a very eventful hotel but great piano music and with so much bear by you'd get over it quickly,overall it's a pretty good hotel but it looks so great you immediately have high expectations that aren't met by alot of the staff because of their poor communication skills and training,a 4 star hotel with 2 star staff sadly

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HappyDee123
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments.

As a resort that welcomes hundreds of guests each week, with different diets, we provide different products in order to meet everyone´s tastes and needs.

I am quite surprised at your statement about the lack of offer for coeliacs as each morning we offer breads, toasts, muffins and biscuits especially prepared for this condition. Apart from this you find hot and cold dishes and you can always ask our maitre to get you any product of your choice if you don´t find anything you fancy at our buffet.

I suggest you to contact us in advance in future bookings informing of anything you might need and we will do our best to prepare it for you.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was our first stay at the Cleopatra Hotel having read so many positive things about this Hotel and the words of reassurance from General Manager, Esteban Sedano that `The staff will try to accommodate most emailed requests,` and to let the Hotel know if you were `celebrating an occasion during your stay`. So we sent off an email requesting a room on a high floor with sun in the late afternoon/early evening and noted that I was celebrating a special birthday.
On arrival a rather stern looking male Receptionist in his 40/50`s was obviously having an `bad` day, and whilst other newly arriving guests were offered a glass of refreshing bubbly we were being rushed through check-in without even any eye contact. This omission was drawn to the attention of a young female Receptionist by a fellow guest and she promptly brought us two glasses of bubbly, which was kind. I asked our male Receptionist if he had a note of our request and he said "All our rooms are good - no need to email!"
Two key cards were issued and he disappeared without explaining where anything was, again the female receptionist embarrassingly had to arrange for us to be shown to our rooms in another block.
The rooms, as has previously been said, are rather dated but clean, the bed however must be one of the most uncomfortable I have every slept in as it has some sort of really thick rubber type mattress protector that creases as soon as you move creating lumps and turns the plastic on the bed into a sauna at night! These mattress protectors urgently need to be updated to those used in Springs and H10 Hotels that are made of much more modern material that does not heat up but is still water/moisture proof. Rather disappointingly our balcony request was ignored as we had sun on the balcony during the day when we were at the pool or beach but by late afternoon it had disappeared, I could have understood if the Hotel was full, but it was not and the sun shone down into empty balconies on many late afternoons but hey by then we were thinking we couldn`t be bother with the hassle of changing our room, we would know in future not to have any great expectations of the Cleopatra Hotel. The birthday went unmarked, no little cake; fruit; or bottle of wine which usually marks a celebration at other Hotels especially when it is mentioned in advance as suggested by Esteban, but after our experience at check-in we weren't to be honest that surprised.
We never did find an info board about any entertainment in the Hotel, and only by chance did we stumble upon the excellent Piano Bar one evening as many areas of this large hotel were like the Marie Celeste at night with bar areas remaining permanently closed and not a single member of staff about, one would meet the occasional guest like ourselves looking for coffee/wine bar. Some areas were spookily quiet and I wouldn't like to have waked through them on my own.
There was a Spa but again no Service Price list in any of the rooms; there was a Restaurant that didn't have an Evening Menu on show therefore one had to presume that unless you were on half board you could not book a meal at the Restaurant. We found that the only way we could get any info was to go across to the sister Hotel which is adjacent and the Receptionist would look up on her PC anything we required.
One day it rained and was very cold, the only bar that was open was the pool bar with inadequate seating for the number of guests who rushed inside, a more diligent Manager would have immediately sent some staff to the larger Piano Bar and opened it to accommodate guests looking for warming cups of tea/coffee - and why no biscuits or pastries available in the Piano Bar in the evening, guests were actually bringing in their own and passing them around? Each evening of our stay the number of guests in this bar increased and each said the same thing "We didn't know this bar was opened in the evening, no signage; no mention of it at Check in, and no Entertainment Board either!" Come on Cleopatra I know it is a quiet relaxing hotel with the most marvellous breakfast buffet but guests do not want to spend half of their holiday touring around trying to find necessary info. have it displayed either at Reception or in the rooms please, the continuous Hotel TV Channel does NOT provide the necessary information it merely shows you what is available in ALL the Hotels. Would we go back? Possibly, as most of the staff particularly at breakfast and in the Piano Bar (when opened) were very helpful and it is in an excellent position adjacent to the beach, but there again Costa Adeje has many nice Hotels that are larger and more guest orientated, so we would have to give that some consideration. Would I recommend the Cleopatra to friends, I think I would for a quick little week`s holiday but not if you are celebrating something special.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time asking for a particular type of room/sun on the balcony from our experienc...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m very sorry to read that your first experience with us has been so negative in so many ways.

As you have been informed, the email you sent to us informing of the same issues alerted us about a problem with our email system, that had stopped working and therefore we weren´t receiving the emails with our guests requests. For us, it would have been a pleasure meeting all your requests and helping you celebrating your special birthday. Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences. The problem has already been sorted and back to its normal functioning.

I have spoken with our Front Desk Manageress about the inapropriate attitude of the receptionist who checked you in. She has spoken to him and I am totally sure that nothing similar will happen again. I´m very sorry that you have experienced such a bad start of your holidays. I can asure you that all our staff has been trained properly and always carry out their tasks with a smile.

I will also take good note of your suggestions regarding our entertainment information.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page if you wish to contact me. I´ll be happy to assist you in your future bookings.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Ticks all the boxes for us. Clean, central to bars and shops, food fine, on the beach, pool ok, no problems getting a sunbed and all the staff we spoke to were very helpful. Not a bad hotel when the only thing I would criticise is that the Wi-Fi was a little slow and troublesome to log onto this year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RichardANDJacqui
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice words.

i´m glad to read that your experience with us has been mostly positive.

We are now working on a new wifi system that will hopefully improve the quality and speed of the signal within the rooms.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page for anything you need regarding prices and special promotions.

Esteban Sedano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
H10 Conquistador
H10 Conquistador
#24 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,143 reviews

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!