“Great hotel , large room with Pool on Balcony”

Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel , large room with Pool on Balcony”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Although had been to Tenerife several times before had never stayed in Arona. The hotel public areas are spotless and well maintained with plenty of sun loungers around the pool.

The breakfast offering was large and varied with fresh cold meats being carved to order and fresh orange juice being pressed.

The Suite allocated had large balcony with Pool which was a nice extra, although still a bit cold in March. Room was very clean although possible some maintenace to furniture will be needed in the near future.

There is WiFi available but only in public areas. No coverage in the rooms.

There is building work taking place at the Hard Rock Cafe, next door - but there was no one working on the weekend we stayed.

Question: Would I go back or recommend? YES & YES.

Room Tip: 4th Floor rooms have large Balcony some with Punge Pools. Worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very mjuch for your nice comments.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed our services and room facilities.

I will be pleased to welcome you in future visits to tenerife if you decicde to return to Arona. Do not hesitate to visit our web page where you will find our best prices and special promotions.

Esteban Sedano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
esher surrey england
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just back from two weeks at this wonderful Hotel.The Hotel itself is wonderful as are the staff. We stayed two weeks on B&B the food was wonderful great variety and plenty of it.We recommend it and will definitely be back

Room Tip: We had a pool view which was fine.
1 Thank maureen37
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your short but positive review and for posting it here on Tripadvisor.

I´m happy to know of your satisfaction and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Do not hesitate to contact me through our web page for any assistance with your next booking. I´ll be happy to assist you.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I recently visited the Cleopatra for a 7 night holiday with my family of 6. Firstly let me say that the hotel building itself is lovely, very pleasing on the eye. On arrival we were given champagne which I felt was a nice touch to start the holiday after a long plane journey. The breakfast the following morning was lovely, a nice spread but things went down hill after that. We found that one of our three rooms on a conseuqtive basis had not been cleaned or the beds made, no towels left. On the second occurrence we called down to reception to find out why this was happening. We were apologised to and told this would not happen again. Nothing changed after our complaint. Every day we returned from our day out, unsure if the rooms would be cleaned on that day. The Hotel also seemed to be tied with one taxi company, who could not accommodate our family of 6 with a larger taxi but instead insisted the only way we could travel was two individual taxi's making any journey very expensive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I´m sorry to read about the cleaning issues. I´m quite surprised as there is no reason why one of your rooms shouldn´t be cleaned, just like the other two, unless you leave the "do not disturb" paper on the door. Unfortunatelly with the information you provide I cannot give you more information, but if you wish you can contact me through our web page with more detais and I will try to find out why we made this mistake. Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

On the other hand I must inform you that there is one only taxi company working in Arona and of course we can not vouch for them.

Best regards,

Wakefield, United Kingdom

Gill from Wakefield
We stayed at the Cleopatra palace 7 to 14 March. I would say good and not so goo overall.
Good - welcome drink on arrival, porter service to room with cases which was a nice touch
Rooms are a decent size, cleaned regularly and the bathrooms are a good size with twin sinks.
We only stayed B & B but the choice was very good. Always found somewhere to sit, however, the food only seemed aired which, unless you wanted a freshly cooked egg dish, was a bit of a pain.
The rooms in the block were breakfast is served have the sound of the piano player echoing around the corridors from first thing which, got a bit annoying after day 3 !! Sorry piano player!!
The location is excellent right on the beach and close to all the nightlife and shopping.
The a/c didn't work, however, we never bothered to report it as it didn't matter, the hairdryer didn't work, again not reported as I took my own, however, I would think that as this is a 4 star hotel, these sorts of things should be regularly checked
Nice late checkout 12 noon which was very much appreciated as we had an afternoon flight- thank you Cleopatra Palace
Didn't use the spa so cant comment on that. Tip ! get your towels on the beds early or you will be out of luck for grabbing a sunbed which, is very annoying. Pool bar prices were okay, in line with outside the hotel
All in all, a decent hotel with good and areas to improve I would say 3.5 out of 5

Room Tip: Rooms in block 8 at the back don't get sun at all It is easy to get lost so, as the hotel is s...
1 Thank gill d
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I´m glad to read that in general terms you have enjoyed your stay with us, in spite of the few points where you consider we must make improvements.

I will take good note of your suggestions and will have the room you occupied totally checked. Please,a ccept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Best regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Recently returned from a 10 day stay in this Hotel, early March. Had just a couple of 'little' requests like lower floor, quiet room (because of my husbands recent major surgery) and maybe a seaview ! ! The hotel had notes of these requests - we got none of them........On arrival we were told we had booked a Standard room - despite the fact that I showed them a copy of my booking - I had booked and paid for a Standard room with Pool View, which is more expensive. We had deliberately booked an early morning flight (6.15am) so we could have a full day. It was 5.0 pm before we eventually got to our room. A whole day wasted ! ! Sitting around in our heavy Winter clothes and 20 degrees sunshine ! We were offered a Standard room about 3 o clock but were told by the Porter not to touch anything in case we were moved ! ! ! We felt 'they' were doing' us a favour' in giving us our originally booked room ! ! It would have been nice to have been asked if everything was ok over the next 9 days......but nothing ! ! On the plus side.....the breakfasts were everything you could possibly want but somehow we cant see ourselves going back there.................

3 Thank Phyllis00
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I can perfectly understand your disappointment with all the trouble caused at your arrival. However I can confirm that the mistake wasn´t ours, as indeed, it was yout travel agent who sent the wrong booking confirmation ( of a standard double room) as I have been able to verify. If you wish you can contact me through our web page and I will send you the travel agent documentation and the later modification they sent after your arrival.

If we had had the right information from the very beginning we would have been able to meet at least two of your requests, providing you with a better experience.

I´m very sorry about what happened but I beg you to reconsider your opinion as it wasn´t our mistake.

Warmest regards.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Currently here at the Cleopatra Palace. What 4 star does not have tea or coffee hospitality tray in their rooms or charges for bottled water ?
When I pointed this out I was told that a kettle would be delivered to my room, but if I wanted empty cups I would have to pay a room service charge to have them delivered ! I said that I would collect them myself and was told this was against the rules ! I am paying nearly 200 Euros a night ..come on I've been in Premier Inns with better service than this.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Esther1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

The information you received is correct. We do not offer tea or coffee facilities in the room but we provide a 24 hour room service where you can order anything you wish, including of course tea or coffee.

I hope you are enjoying the rest of services and facilities. If you need any assistance I siggest you to contact our Guest relations or Front Desk staff.

uk
Reviewed March 23, 2014

fabulous hotel ,staff were friendly and helpful.my husband and I stayed bed and breakfast in march 2014.the food was exceptional even for the most fussy.we upgraded the room for one with a plungepool which had two sunloungers well worth the extra money.location is excellent beach in front of hotel.we will definitely stay at this hotel again you cannot fault it .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I´m happy to read that you have enjoyed our services and location.

Nothing could please me more than welcoming you and your husband again soon. Do not hesitate to check for promotions on our web page.

Esteban sedano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
GF Gran Costa Adeje
GF Gran Costa Adeje
#14 of 57 in Costa Adeje
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#8 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!