“Cleopatra palace hotel”

Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had a great time once again.fourth visit and will be back.was there with my sister and friend for short break.The staff are very helpful and very nice.we went to the gala ball and met lovely people that night had great fun.cant wait to return.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Fiona K
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your short but positive review and for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

I´m glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, especially our Gala diner.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information on prices and availability.

Esteban Sedano

Write a ReviewReviews (3,135)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Cleopatra Building site for a week in January ’14, We was woken daily by the noise of building works which was literally outside our bedroom door/ balcony, What hotel in their right mind would do this to its customers it was absolutely ridiculous. There was no peace and quiet any where in the hotel grounds we had to leave ‘Site’ every day to get some peace. There was nothing on their web site to say that these works were going on and to expect some noise at least, this I consider to be very very poor management, an absolute disgrace.
In the canteen away from the noise the food was excellent, lots of variety and all fresh produce, the staff were hard working and a credit to the hotel. The hotel is very well situated within the town and on the beach front, It is showing some serious signs of poor maintenance and ageing especially the rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure the building works have finished!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrBlueSky81
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

Describing our hotel as a building site is more than exagerated, mainly when the only works that were carried our during your stay were the repair of a plant box. However you state that the hotel is showing serious signs of poor maintenance, which contradicts the "building site" definition.

In all cases I appreciate your suggestions and we will do our best to avoid similar experiences in the future. thank you very much.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Returned from The Cleopatra yesterday after a delightful short break. We had booked a superior room with a plunge pool and discovered to our delight we were in a suite with a plunge pool when we arrived. The room (no 7419) was excellent, we had 2 balconies which caught had the sun all day, the rooms were large with very comfortable sofas and bed. The staff were delightful, the food was plentiful and extremely well cooked. We attended the Gala evening on Monday and had a very pleasant evening with good company, good food and drink and rounded off with a firework display, a very nice surprise provided by the hotel.
I was concerned after reading other reviews about the noise but we heard no noise from the Hard Rock Café and only a very small amount of building noise on Monday morning.
We only had one complaint which was on the last morning. We had informed reception on arrival that we would be checking out at mid day but discovered when we returned to our room at 11 am that our door cards had been disabled, a very small point but a little annoying at the time.

Room Tip: Fourth floor superior rooms are well worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marian C
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Cleopatra Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and positive review.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed your short break witrh us and hope to have the chance to welcome you for a longer stay in the near future.

I´m very sorry about the incident of the last day. Our keys are automatically generated by a computing system and occassionaly this system takes the mainland timetable instead of the island timetable, having as a consequence the key blockage one hour before it should. Please, accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need regarding future stays. I´ll be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The holiday was to Tenerife Saturday 15th February to the 22nd February 2014, I stayed at the Cleopatra Hotel Avenida de las Americas s/n | Playa del Camison, 38660 Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, Spain with my wife and 10 year old son.
When we arrived at the hotel we were very impressed and more than happy with the reception and the welcome we got from the staff. We have admired the hotel from afar every time we have been to Tenerife and were so looking forward to our stay there. However, we were very disappointed when we were taken up to our room. The first thing we noticed was that the shower cubicle and bath tub were in the room and there was no element of privacy to bathe of shower. We had booked what we had thought was a family room and this clearly wasn’t and was obviously more suited to a couple. My 10 year old son is at an age where his modesty and privacy are very important to him and he felt very uncomfortable throughout the holiday, as did my wife and I. My son would leave the room each time we washed and we would go onto the balcony when he needed to washed, which was very awkward and inconvenient.
Secondly the sleeping arrangements for my son were very poor and the pull up bed which was positioned at the foot of our beds was too small for him as he is tall for his age and more suited for a small child so he refused to sleep in it and we asked the maid to remove it as it was uncomfortable and he slept with me and my wife which again wasn’t ideal and again spoilt our time at the Cleopatra.
The room itself was substandard with broken tiles around the plunge pool and on the floor of the balcony area which looked shabby; I definitely feel this holiday is miss-sold as a 4 star rating and for the first time feel very disappointed with my booking with Jet 2 after using them u before and not having any issues.

Room Tip: Rooms are small with bath and shower in the room not seperated which is a bit awkward for families i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank O6548OOsues

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m sorry to read that some aspects of our service and facilities have not been up to your expectations.

We have two types of rooms, some with a classic bathroom and some with open bathroom, as the one you had. I´m sorry to know that this has so much disturbed your stay. We would have been able to offer you a different room if you had let us know.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Fourth floor sea view room with gigantic balcony that could host a party for 30 people.
Sipping a chilled glass of wine, with bowl of olives and bites to hand with the relaxing sound of the of the surf as a background.
If I get a bit warm in the mid twenties sunshine, I can cool off in the plunge pool.
Add the unfailing courtesy of management and staff and this is why we and many others chose to return to the Cleopatra year after year. As I say, it's good to be back.
And if I have to any work related stuff, what an office!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CambridgeDavid

Dear Guest,

it´s good to welcome you back!

I´m really glad to know of your satisfaction and we will be more than happy to welcome you again in your future visits to Tenerife.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need. We´ll be glad to assist you.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We spent more than three weeks at this hotel in February 2014.

Two of the major reasons for selecting this hotel, were its location, and that it offered free WiFi.

Its location is magnificent - right on one of the finest beaches of Tenerife. We had a nice and quiet room with a beach and ocean view.

But its WiFi Internet service is LOUSY.

Its signal strength varied much over the hotel. But that was not the real problem. Even at places with a good signal, it was often NOT possible to get an IP address (i.e. an Internet connection). It seemed to me that the WiFi network was grossly undersized. It may have been working a few years back, but not any more.

The hotel personel told me that they had a WiFi system for "ordinary use", such as email and web browsing. And - as there were so many people using it - that I must accept that it at times did not work so well. And as it was free, I should not really expect anything at all!

Firstly; Today, an "ordinary" use of Internet also includes the use of Facebook, Skype, Spotify, YouTube, playing online games, and streaming of both radio- and TV-signals.

Secondly; These services require a download speed of at least 2 Mbps, preferably more. I would guess that most guests at home have at least that guranteed Internet speed. When I was lucky enough to achieve an Internet connection - and keep it sufficiently long to be able to do a speed test - I often measured speeds as low as 0.01 Mbps. I.e. less than 1/100 of what it ought to have been!

I complained several times. Then they lent me a separate wireless 3G router. It saved our stay! Thank you!

If it weren't for that, I should have given a much lower rating. Even though Moviestar and Huawei wasn't able to deliver a good service throughout the day. In the morning and evening also its speed fell to near zero, which is typical for undersized 3G data networks. But that was nothing I could blame the hotel for.The separate 3G router worked reasonably well in our room. But as the WiFi system near the pool most often did not work at all, we sometimes had to go the pool of the sister hotel, where it seemed to work a little better.

We would also have liked the rooms to have more mains sockets, so that we could charge all of our electronic devices more easily. And sockets that are not disconnect by a main switch, or when one removes the door card .

Once the hotel can convince me that they have a properly working WiFi Internet network, we will return, otherwise not.

After all (the nonsense) the hotel staff told me about their WiFi network, I have absolutely no confidence in what they are saying or writing. So I will only believe them if they can guarantee a minimum Internet speed, and a statement about what that guarantee is worth (in case they cannot deliver what they promise).

A few other aspects:

PERSONEL: Friendly and efficient.
BREKFAST: Very good, but under-staffed.
PRICE OF DRINKS AND FOOD: Too high. We spent most of our money outside the hotel.
DOOR LOCK CARDS: Hardly worked. Complained and changed 5 times, before the door card reader was finally replaced.
POOL: Seemed to be located next to a construction site. The sound of sawing/cutting tiles was terrible.
BATHROOM: Shared it with two different species of bugs, of which one was almost a centimeter long. Hope we didn't bring any of them home with us.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion.

I´m sorry to read that our wifi service has not been up to your expectations. We are now working on a new system that will certainly improve this service.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife. Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information on prices and special promotions.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Second time here and love it even more now! The location is unbeatable and the hotel is just lovely.
We used the hotel Chauffer to get from the airport and back. Was not much more than the cost of a taxi but so much more comfortable and less hectic.
Greeted at reception with a cold glass of Champagne and the holiday began.
Relaxing, peaceful and easy, bliss!
We booked through the hotel website and got a fantastic deal.
Planning out return visit already!!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Linsay M

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice review and for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

I´m pleased to know of your satisfaction and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in future visits to tenerife.

Best regards,

Esteban Sedano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Europe Villa Cortes
Europe Villa Cortes
#7 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
3 mi away
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#16 of 61 in Costa Adeje
Iberostar Las Dalias
Iberostar Las Dalias
#8 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Cleopatra Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!