We have travelled to Tenerife for the last 15 years and for the past 10 years we have stayed at the Mare Nostrum Resort, either at the Cleopatra Palace ( more relaxing, quiet yet suitable for families) or the Med Palace (where all the entertainment is based during the day) and have had a wonderful time, everytime. We would not stay anywhere else in Tenerife. I think the main benefits or staying here are:
1) Wonderful location - right on El Camison Beach and lovely, classy shops and restuarants opposite. It is not noisy.
2) Service - the team from reception, porters, chef's, waiters, maids, Management - everyone is always ready to help and nothing is too much trouble.
3) Cleanliness - amazing, the rooms and public areas are spotless.
4) Apperance - the most opulent, luxurious looking hotel in Tenerife, the fountains that make the front of the hotels are the main focul point of the whole area and I would guess nearly every holiday maker to Tenerife, staying in the area takes a photo of them. I am always so proud to say we stay there. It is a very admired hotel by all nationalities.
5) Rooms - spacious enough, clean, well equipped bathroom, not oppulent but very comfortable and clean.
6) Views - in my opinion a sea view is worth the supplement or ask for a view at the beach end overlooking the Med Palace if staying in the Cleopatra, or if staying in the Med Palace, I would always book a pool view as a Mountain view may be nosier. With many pool views at the Med Palace you should also be able to see the sea.
7) Food - breakfast, lunch and evening meal are all buffett and there is a tremendous amount of choice, fresh smoothie bar, fresh meat counter, cooked to order omlettes, pancakes, eggs, anything you want and the standard cereals, nuts, fruits, breads, cakes, hot buffett and for lunch and evening meal there is a typical buffett plus wonderful fish, salads and meat cooked to order.I think we lived on fresh prawns, mussells and steak!!
In summary, we truly love this place, as do my parents, it really does feel like going home. If you want to go to a hotel where you will be looked after, have an excellent location and like wondering around shops in an evening and soaking up the atmospehere you can not beat it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beachfront hotel of classic elegance in a fantastic setting right on the world-famous Playa de las Americas in Southern Tenerife, it offers guests comfortable rooms with antique Roman touches, spa relaxation with thalassotherapy and perfect tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expo Hoteles, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cleopatra Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cleopatra Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Cleopatra Palace
- Cleopatra Palace Tenerife
- Cleopatra Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas