“Have to stick up for Scotch Corner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scotch Corner Bar

Scotch Corner Bar
Cuisines: Bar, British, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Scotch Corner is a family run bar. We have a large varied menu and also cater for Vegetarians. We pride ourselves in providing good home cooking at a reasonable price. Come and visit us, you won't be disappointed!!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Have to stick up for Scotch Corner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Sorry haven't been here since last June but am going again in June 2014 and will be eating here every day and hve to reply to negative reviews. I have never felt that the staff are more concerned about bringing in other people than catering for the people that they already have in the restaurant. We have never been coerced into buying meals that we didn't want. Yes there is steep stairs down to the toilets but there is a warning and a handrail, I had to walk down the stairs with a stick because of sciatica but I managed. It is a small restaurant but is always full and it not their fault they have limited space what do people want. I smoke and yes you can smoke inside but I try to be considerate and it other people don't do that you can blame scotch corner. It is the only place in 13 years of going on holiday that I know that my fiance will have a meal lunch and dinner so don't knock it. The staff are lovely and made my birthday special by surprising me with a cake. Don't read the negative reviews try good old fashioned home cooking served by lovely staff at good prices. I love this place and as I say will be eating here in June 2014 for 2 weeks. Give it a go I love it x

• Visited June 2013

Essex
“Handy place for drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

British owned and handy for a drink and a visit to the loo as like most Island resorts, public toilets are far and few between . Friendly owners fair prices and varied menu, and good people watching location on a corner of busy road. Beware the steps to the loos, you do get warned!!

Visited December 2013
Scotland, United Kingdom
“OK, Just!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had breakfast here, before returning home.
The dining area is under a canopy, and is a bit cramped. Being classed as being outside, other patrons could smoke, which I hate, when eating.
The food had obviously been fried in a large amount of oil, as it was very greasy.
To cap it all, we had to endure Jeremy Kyle on their large screen TV.
I don't think we'll be back!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Snowgoose20
Scotslass-56, Owner at Scotch Corner Bar, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
First of all I would like to explain the so called "cramped conditions", yes it can get cramped at times as we are blocked in both sides, however there really is nothing we can do about that. Also your comment about smoking, yes unfortunately it can get smoky at times and as a non smoker I dont appreciate that either but as the owner we need to welcome everyone as in this present climate we can afford to turn anyone away. However inside the bar is non smoking and you are more than welcome to sit inside. As for the greasy food I can only assume you are extra fussy as the 70 odd good and excellent reviews seem to disagree with you. Any way thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope you have a wonderful xmas with no smoke or grease in sight, ho ho ho!!:)
Northumberland, UK
“Focus on your customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The staff seem to be more focussed on persuading you to enter the café and not on ensuring that your orders are taken and you’re provided with a good level of service. We ordered breakfast but the waiter wanted us to have the larger more expensive breakfast which we declined. We also ordered a tea and a coffee and received two coffees, but trying to attract the attention of the waiting staff was impossible. The food was reasonable, nothing special.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scotslass-56, Owner at Scotch Corner Bar, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
I would like to comment on this review because I find it rather unfair. First of all our man outside is certainly not pushy, he is there to inform you of the menu and sit you down. I am actually rather annoyed that you seem to think he was pushing you into the more expensive breakfast as that is the more value for money option for the customer and is no way meant to be a way of getting more money from you. If you have 2 british breakfasts and 2 teas you pay 8 euros whereas if you choose the bumper breakfast (which is twice the size of the British) you get 2 for 10 euros and get your drinks free, its not exactly rocket science to figure out its actually the better deal. Any way thank you for your review and as you can see you really are in the minority as we have over 70 good and excellent reviews and less than 5 bad ones. Merry Christmas or would you prefer bah humbug??!!:)
Glasgow
“Scotch Corner - Not The Ritz, But Great Food & Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Back to Tenerife again in November and I'm trying to think of all the meals I had. Then I worked it out - mince pie, chips and beans (nearly EVERY day). I think I might have resorted to a different meal one time but I just can't get past the mince pie, chips and beans (especially when it's washed down with a diet Bru. If you're heading to Tenerife on holiday, you just can't afford to miss out on at least 1 visit to Scotch Corner.

• Visited November 2013