“Best Steak I've ever eaten”

Empire Modern British Restaurant & Steak House
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Best Steak I've ever eaten”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just returned last week from 4th year in a row staying in the Arona area of Playa de las Americas in Tenerife and thought I'd share a review on this newish restaurant. It is part of the Venture group and as such we were expecting good things - we've eaten at other places in this group - Bianco Italian and Tai-Pan Chinese/Japanese in previous years and the Empire is right next to them. There's not much to say apart from excellent all round! All the food from starters to desert (which we had to share as we were just about full to bursting by that stage!) was absolutely delicious - We've eaten some lovely steaks in our time and this was right up there with them, if not the best. Cooked to perfection. The whole meal was fantastic and the service was brilliant with English staff in the majority - although this meant I couldn't practice my Spanish! If you like a good steak in a restaurant with a great ambiance at a reasonable price with attentive, friendly staff then you must give this place a try!

• Polish first
Newcastle
“Good food, good location.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant for our meal before going to the show at the Piramide so it was early in the evening. We had the choice of tables and selected one outside. From an interesting menu we chose starters only. Both arrived well cooked, well presented and of sufficient quantity to satisfy us. This is one of many restaurants on the top floor of this shopping complex, we checked all the menus which are displayed prominently and selected Empire for the wide range of dishes on offer. This was a good meal at a fair price.

Atlanta, GA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had high hopes for this one, but it dissapointed. Ordered my duck as medium but got it over cooked and dry. The top was really burnt! The people next to me on the table had the hen. Presentation wise it looked rough and the meat itself was very dry. The people on the table that ordered the steak were really happy, so I should have gone for that one I guess. I wonder if the size of our group (15) really messed up their kitchen. Very disappointing overall!

• Visited March 2013
“Juicy steaks best meal of the trip”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Went with my gf and both had fillet steaks with chips and a side of about 5 different dishes I had thibly slices pitatoes with cream cheese about 18 euros isnt bad would probably cost more at home best meal of the holiday

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Better than anticipated”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I wasn't sure about eating here but it was my husband's choice. We were given a table, which was very small, next to a table of 6 dinners then as we were choosing our meal a group of about 10 men came in and were given a table right behind us. Think they were on some sort of stag do and were very loud, it felt like we were surrounded by a wall of sound! The waitress noticed we weren't happy and quickly offered us a table at the other side of the the restaurant which was much better.

For starter I had salmon cakes and my husband had the soup, both very nice. Mains, I had the steak and ale pie (this was advertised as Oxtail but the waitress said it had changed to steak). It was delicious, with plenty of meat, served with bubble and squeak. Hubby had crispy belly pork with creamy mash which he said was tasty. No deserts for us.

The only real moan is the choice of music they were playing, otherwise this was a good meal which we both enjoyed and we would go back.