Tripadvisor
Playa de las Americas
Post
Inbox
Search

“Zero stars for the rudest waitress on the island! ”
Review of La Cuevita del Mar

La Cuevita del Mar
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Now I’ll just start off by saying I’m not one for writing reviews, that being said I found the experience that I had at this restaurant to change my mind on my no review stance.

I had searched trip advisor for highly rated seafood restaurants in Tenerife and when we found this place we knew it was a must.

We had no reservation, so we decided to arrive just after the place opened (7pm) in order to catch a table. Upon walking 45 minutes we arrived at the restaurant and spoke to a friendly older couple at the door who said they had no reservation either and we’re instantly seated. May I add that only some tables had reserved signs on them.

We approached the waitress/ older lady who was serving, and before I could ask for a table of 4, we were met with RESERVED ONLY, sadly before I could respond and argue our case she walked away to the kitchen leaving us there being looked upon by the other 10 or so diners in confusion. It was quite rude of her to turn 4 quiet young lads away to keep the restaurant aesthetic intact, which we found to be pretty discriminatory, hence my decision for a review.

Sadly, i had to give this restaurant a 1 star review as it wouldn’t give me the option for 0 stars.

We went around the corner to a lovely tapas bar and were greeted by the friendliest of owners who was one of the best hosts we could have had!

Silver linings eh?

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank JKDrummer
Write a reviewReviews (196)

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Myself and my friends were met with discrimination today at this establishment today and by the reviews I can see this is not uncommon. We were told in a very rude way everything was booked out only to find this wasn't actually the case. With several empty tables, some with reserved signs and others with none we thought we could eat here. The employee told us "reserved" when we walked in and then proceeded to ignore us. We had been speaking to a couple outside prior to walking in who were seated at one of the tables with no reservation and told us they had not booked. If it wasn't for them I would have believed the employee but thankfully they noticed what had happened and let us know. We had been told many good things about this place but the serving staff was not one of them. I have to agree.

Date of visit: January 2020
4  Thank 225dean23
Reviewed December 1, 2019

Was impressed with this small resturant. Good quality Spanish meal for 2 with wine, coffee and brandy for €60. Had intended to go back but never got the chance

Reviewed November 28, 2019

This is a typical Canarian Cafe, just off the main walk way between the two resorts.
This avoids the overpriced, poor service of most of the seafront cafes, with a good range of authentic Coffees, prompt service & a first class chilled cabinet full of fresh cream cakes.
Their Baraquitos are particularly good, order con Liquor.

Reviewed November 25, 2019

We had a lovely meal here and where impressed by Karina,waitress / owner and by the chef / co-owner Carlos.. I had a steak, al punto, perfect and my wife had the Salmon, muy hecho, just the way she likes it,,,very friendly hosts, we wanted an outside table but there was none available, immediately before our meal was served a table became free and we were moved outside,,The desert menu was excellent, overall, a really good experience and we will be back, 5 star