“Our first stay at this hotel”

Spring Hotel Bitacora
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 31, 2013

What a shame that the new management has made changes namely the SHORTAGE of evening bar staff waiting at least 20 minutes before orders were taken then another wait to get your drinks many disgruntled people the queues some nights was very long the few staff there were so overworked. The sunbed situation needs Urgent attention not our idea of a holiday getting up at the crack of dawn to get a sunbed!!! So we had to wait till 3pm to get a sunbed.Our room overlooking childrens play area got no sun at all. Also we hadn't realized that it was the school holidays this is a great family hotel but too busy for us at this time.
We thought that all the staff were excellent so helpful. The meals were first class with many choices. Last but not least the entertainment team were BRILLIANT,We will return at a quieter time as overall it was a very good hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nixiplonk2013
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We feel really proud when receive comments as yours.

We always try to provide guests a memorable stay and make their experience in Tenerife unforgetable.

Thank you so much!,

There are newer reviews for Spring Hotel Bitacora

Reviewed October 30, 2013

i have just returned from a 10 day stay with my husband and 5 year old son, we had a fabulous holiday, perfect hotel in perfect location, the staff were lovely, very friendly and always there to help, food was lovely with plenty of choice for all tastes, daytime and evening enertainment was good and son loved the childrens entertainment, hotel was spotless and pool areas always kept clean , rooms are ,modern, spacious and maid service evryday, would definatlely reccomend and definately return,i understand that people have different tastes and preferences but i feel that the people who give bad reviews of this hotel are just nit pickers. a fab holiday had by us, .

Room Tip: pool views are lovely, get the sun all day,
5  Thank 803kirsty803
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

at the Spring Hotel Bitacora

It is a real pleasure for all Bitacora staff to receive comments as yours. We are very proud to have succedded your expectations.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel continues to hold up its excellent standards. This week was the busiest I have ever seen as kids are on school hols. The staff in bar and restaurant were rushed off their feet but coped admirably and are a CREDIT to the hotel.the new animation team have dramatically improved. Special mention to Carlos and Pier who together with the rest of the team were tireless in all aspects of keeping people amused with varying games. One evening they supplied the cabaret themselves when all six did latin dancing, they were far better than some alleged professional shows that appear.
The food standard is still excellent and something for everyone. I understand there was some overbooking where people had to stay in the vulcano for one night.
The pool area was manic as there were so many people staying but majority had beds even though you have to be up at the crack of dawn if you wish to sit in a particular place.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

If you want an all inclusive Butlins then this will tick all your boxes. It's not my ideal place for a holiday but hey, it works for some people and that's grand. I open my blinds in the morning to see some strange bird in her bra having a fag so close to me it's uncomfortable. My balcony view is of a pool full of kids screaming uncontrollably and sun beds reserved at some ungodly o'clock hour of the morning. Life is way too short for this. The dining hall is exactly that, a school canteen atmosphere. Sorry but I am well past that stage now . This hotel is perfect for a family on a budget. You could not get better in Tenerife, but sorry it's not my ideal place to stay. The Arona Gran is quieter, less noisy, and classier. Location of the Bitacora is brilliant close to the centre . Sorry but I will not be back here. That doesn't make it wrong, but for sure it's not for me.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BigJohnDeere

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Bitacora Hotel on Tripadvisor. Naturally, I am disappointed to learn of you rating your stay so poorly... All of us here at Bitacora are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed .

We will take note of your complaint into consideration in order to keep improving our service

We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel and apologize once again for the inconveniences you may have experienced

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just returned from another excellent week at the Bitacora hotel, with my 19 year old son. This hotel is the hidden gem in Playa. Perfect location for shops, restaurants, surfers bay, beach and promenade walking. Refurbished rooms, I would definitely recommend the upgrade to a "seaview" room, as the sunsets from your balcony are breathtaking. The food,cleanliness are service levels are excellent. The kids facilities are incredibly advanced for the Canaries. But what puts this above all other hotels, is the entertainment from the Animation team. They are all such skilled entertainers. As well as the fun daytime activities, their artistic performances in the evenings (Burlesque, Latino, Quiz and Sketch show) are Outstanding !! Their positive and upbeat approach throughout is infectious, funny and engaging, and encourages participation throughout your week with them. Congratulations to Pinkie, Carlos and Pierre for their commitment to making this the hidden gem on the Island. We can't wait to come back for another fabulous week ! Thank you , Jill and Alex Halliwell

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Seaview, your room will overlook the pools and you will love the sunset from your balco...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Reviewed October 28, 2013

To all the Entertainment/Animation staff who work their damn hardest to entertain, and make it a success!

Just recently returned from a week at the Bitacora Hotel, and have enjoyed every aspect of it. Not only are the Entertainment/Animation team friendly and entertaining, but also the staff that run the hotel are very friendly and helpful too.

The entertainment team work hard all round the clock to entertain all customer types and never fail to deliver a great show. For that reason, I am writing this review as they put on two fascinating and inspiring shows to entertain us, and boy did they nail it!

It isn't just the entertainment that they provide in the evening which is amusing and inspiring, but they also work hard/play hard during the day to keep the customers alive with a wide variety of activities suitable for all age ranges, bingo, archery, body love and aqua gym, to name a few. They have a fab mini kids club, with excellent new kids play facilities, which by looking at the faces of the young customers is very successful.

So high credibility to the Animation team and I look forward to returning again soon . You provide the best entertainment that any other hotel provides. Keep dancing, Keep smiling and most of all... Keep doing the club dance.....Whoop, Whoop !!

P.S. Really enjoyed doing the Latin dance with Pinky! For that reason, you all have inspired me to learn Latin dance, and you never know I might just join you next time on stage.

Thanks for a great time

Alex

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view, because you can watch the sunset and you also have a good view.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is our 5th time staying her and what can I say, what do I need to say the fact we keep coming back says it all.
We arrived tired on Friday 18/10/13 to be informed the Bitacora had overbooked and we would have to stay in the Vulcano for 1 night. I was not amused as we had only a 1 week holiday and the men went golfing the next day which meant we had 5 suitcases to move. Need not have worried as Bitacora sent a porter over and he did all the work.
When I arrived at the Bitacora ( which lets face it have a much more relaxed attitude to life and things going wrong than my normal stressed out self would have) I just decided to go with it and the Bitacora compensated us beyond my expectations.
The holiday commenced and it was brilliant, we stayed in the newly decorated rooms which are fantastic. We didn't have a pool view room but the compromise was we got to wake up each morning to the spectacular view of Mount Teide and the surrounding mountain range.

We went to Body love each morning with Pinkie which was like Pilates but on the grass in the sun, this was a brilliant class and Pinkie really knows her stuff. Then we did Aqua gym( one day with Carlos and I never laughed so much in my entire life plus we got an amazing workout. Pinkie then took the aqua gym after that and I really didn't enjoy it as it was like a dance class and her routines were very complex and we didn't get to use the water to workout. The entertainment team were so full of life ,fun and just pure joy.
The food was excellent as always and the variety was great. I ate fish every day but there was steak, chicken turkey, pizza etc also.
I was in the dining room the night of the cockroach incident and the staff sorted it ASAP, I really don't like them but that was the only one I seen the complete holiday.
I've stayed in lots of beautiful hotels all around the world, is this a 5 star hotel no! But is it a 5 star holiday in the Bitacora definitely yes!
The hotel is very clean and tidy.
The bar at night continues to need to be addressed. The staff actually pretend they don't see you when you try to get their attention to order but I don't think it's the staff's fault. If there was a terminal were you could order you drinks to your table I think that would work really well and you could swipe your room card on the side to charge to your room or all inclusive.
You have to wear a wrist band if you are all inclusive but if you need to go to the bar you still need to take your card and paper card with you, therefore why have a wristband. Would it not be better to have a barcode on the wristband which the staff could swipe and then you wouldn't need your card at the pool.
That's all my small moans. The holiday was brilliant and the Bitacora staff work extremely hard to run an excellent hotel and provide a wonderful service. Well done and I shall return yet again, hopefully very soon.
The beds are extremely comfortable and I slept really well the complete holiday. A/C is very good. The rooms are still very large and the room has a wall mounted LCD Samsung approx 40 inch TV. There is also a small fridge which is handy.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 247 which was really quiet and lovely view on Mount Teide. A/C was really good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends