“Employ more evening staff at the bar”

Spring Hotel Bitacora
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Employ more evening staff at the bar”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great hotel, we've been using it for at least 15 years, however.... there's a shortage of staff in the main bar, and you have to wait for ages on busy evenings.
The staff are pleasant enough and try their best to give you a good service, we like (in particular) Cabrera.... This guy is just an amazing hard working, eager to please bar manager, his dedication and professionalism is second to none!.
Another thing we miss is: the bar stools have been removed, I don't quite understand why that is, as we used to enjoy coming down for an aperitif before dinner and sitting on the bar stools.
If the management understood that "all inclusive" is NOT second class, it'd be a great place.
Mireles Sanchez, Glasgow-UK

1 Thank Pepe3661
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, November 4, 2013

We feel really proud when receive comments as yours.

We always try to provide guests a memorable stay and make their experience in Tenerife unforgetable.

Thank you so much!,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Belfast
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am just back from a week's stay in this hotel with my husband. It may not look that impressive from the outside but inside it is excellent. We were on an all inclusive which included breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks. The restaurant was super with food for every taste and service was excellent. The room was clean and spacious and was serviced well. The only downside was the view from our balcony (Room 128) which was of a roof and large skylight - but on the upside, being so close to reception, the room could access wifi. This would not put me off going back to the hotel
There was varied evening entertainment with tribute bands and in-house shows performed by the hotel's own entertainment staff. Every night did not appeal to us, but with varied nationalities, the hotel is probably restricted in this respect.
The hotel is in a good central location - close to shops, beach and bus stops.

Room Tip: Room 128 seemed the worst room in the hotel for a view of anything from the balcony (as you can only...
1 Thank Woolwoman

Newcastle Upon Tyne England
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just came back and I was really disappointed. The staff and the room were lovely but our problems started about 4 days into our holiday. We had changed our half board dinner to lunch, sorry forgot to mention the food was nice too; while I was eating my meal a huge cockroach ran across the floor. I told a member of staff and he kept on swinging his head from left to right saying where is it... where is it. Another gentleman informed him he had seen it too...and he showed him a crack in the wall where it came out, but the staff member just said "I can't see anything." About day 5 I started getting really sore ear ache in both ears and started taking painkillers, I soon found what I think was the cause. While cooling off in the pool, I was horrified to glance down at the water only to see lots of black bits that had fallen off the grout. I actually saw the men cleaning the pool, but there was still all this residue left. To top it off on our last day we were going to Siam Park and my wife had forgotten our towels, when she went back to the room the keycard wouldn't work. We went back and forth to reception 4 times only to be told it will work now, I have reset it. Sorry I use a walking stick and we were on the 7th floor, when a maintenance man came he couldn't fix it and he eventually said he will order a new lock altogether. I said how long will this take but he said it's ok, you just go and I will leave the keycards at reception. We had lost 2 hours of our last day. Stay here by all means, it is a nice hotel, but if your expecting 4* you will be disappointed.

1 Thank ft1717
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Bitacora Hotel on Tripadvisor. Naturally, I am disappointed to learn of you rating your stay so poorly... All of us here at Bitacora are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed .

We will take note of your complaint into consideration in order to keep improving our service

We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel and apologize once again for the inconveniences you may have experienced
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

we have just returned after spending a lovely week at the bitacora, the hotel is nice and clean, food and drinks really good,,a special thank you to carlos one of the entertainers he got us involved in most of the activities, and made us feel very welcome ,the only down side to the holiday was the sun bed situation people up at 5.30am to reserve a sunbed and then not using them until after lunch,(this situation must be sorted to avoid other people having a stress full holiday) this was really annoying but other than this we had a great week

Sleaford
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was our first foreign holiday in 12 years and we were very apprehensive about booking and read lots of reviews about many hotels.
I'm so pleased we picked the Bitacora.
The guys in the entertainment team made the holiday for the kids, they were so good remembering the kids names, very personal - we didn't see them all day apart for food and drink top ups.
There is a fantastic new play are called Springland with a zip wire and an astro pitch. It was cleaned regularly and even saw them window washing the plastic sides of the pitch area. Little touches like that make you feel like the hotel cares.
The hotel is clean and fresh, everywhere you go it smells clean. The rooms are lovely and big. We paid for a superior room with a pool view and balcony, this meant the boys had a bed each and didn't share a sofa bed. With a husband and 2 boys there is a lot of paraphernalia but there was plenty of room. The maid service cleaned every day, beds made everyday.
The staff are friendly and helpful, sometimes in the evening you have to wait for a drink as there is only 1 waiter taking orders but you can always choose to order at the bar.
The food is plentiful, lots of fresh fruit available at all meal times and at the pool bar. Lots of different meats, fish and salad. The restaurant gets busy from 7.30pm onwards and is noisy, not a quiet evening meal, but the hotel caters for families so what would you expect. We did not have a problem with the restaurant card/ key card system.
I have read many comments about the swimming pool and sun beds. There isn't a lot of space around the pools for bed and it can feel a little cramp. I wonder what it would be like in the height of summer? We didn't go down till about 7.30/8am in the morning and it was only just getting light. There were not many beds left near the main pool but plenty near the children's pool and flume slide. This is a difficult problem to solve and impossible to please everyone.
The location was good, a short walk to the beach and shopping centres and 15 minute walk along the sea front to the centre of playa.
The Thomson/First Choice Rep Vicki was very helpful and experienced and loves her job. Transport to and from the hotel/airport was great, no delays.
Top Tip for Siam Park. The free bus picks up from outside the Best Tenerife at 9.40am and then every 30 minutes. The first bus is always packed. A taxi will cost you about 7 euros, will get you there before the buses so you miss the mad rush to get in and get lockers/towels.
This was the perfect first foreign holiday for the kids and gave us plenty of relaxation time. We will be back. Big thank to the Anamacion team.

Room Tip: Pool View rooms get the afternoon sun and are on the opposite side to the lifts. Although you get wo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, November 4, 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The spring hotel bitacora is an amazing hotel. I really enjoyed my stay there. The best thing about the hotel in my opinion is the kids club the anamacion team made the whole trip worth while. Sonia and Anna were amazing with kids they were very caring and genuine. Also Adry played a big part in the anamacion team for me as he always had a smile on his face and he was very funny! Carlos is a hilarious person as he just always made me laugh and he was very accepting also a great celine dion on the cabaret evening! Pinky is a lovely person to and great at aerobics! Pier was also a great leader of the team and he never came across as bossy and he was never stressed which is a great thing! I'm 12 years old yet the team still made it fun so I was able to join in with things Id feel I wouldn't be able to elsewhere. I went along with 6 of my cousins Zara,jess,Hannah,holly ciara and Katie who are young to and they loved the team too. there was a large variety of activities for all ages the team were great and I hope that they are there next year! The hotel is lovely and the food is great I can't wait to go again!!
Megan Ferncombe:Aged 12

1 Thank megsy2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The refurbishment if this hotel has made this hotel perfect, it's really great, it's extremely clean, the food is second to none, there's a great choice and the quality is high.
The rooms are large and make this a good choice for a family of 4 or 3 adults. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, November 4, 2013