“The building works are not minor but major”

Spring Hotel Bitacora
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“The building works are not minor but major”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Service in bar very poor if your on all inclusive don't plan on havering too many drinks they are really slow the building works are very noisy and start at 7.00 and goes on till 18.00 very loud and irritating hotel food very good but check with travel agent about building work they will tell you it's minor but its not visited other hotels seem much better

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Branston12
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Bitacora Hotel on Tripadvisor. Naturally, I am disappointed to learn of you rating your stay so poorly... All of us here at Bitacora are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed .

We will take note of your complaint into consideration in order to keep improving our service

We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel and apologize once again for the inconveniences you may have experienced

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (996)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Arrived with my mum and 1 year old daughter during the Easter break. Half board. Hotel entrance and Exterior was dulled.... and 1st impressions werent great as there was no one to help with luggage and our room was still not ready when we arrived so we waited for an hour.
We had room 741. A newly refurb room. Was excellent. Very clean. Very spacious and decorated very modern. Really impressed. The bed and pillows were so comfortable. The orange sofa however was so out of place as its clearly an old one...but nevertheless it was great to lie about watching the slim lcd tv with a million channels. Spanish channels and bbc channels. And disney channel for the kids...tho in spanish.

The pool areas are very clean. Pool area for kids and pool area for adults. I read on reviews and everyone complains about the sunbeds getting taken up at 6am which is very very untrue. I arrive after lunchtime and there are always beds available. No problem at all. There are also floats in the kids pool which is an added bonus so we didnt need to buy our own.

Food. A lot of choice. I was very surprised. Breakfast was a great variety though I would prefer to see a little more greens.
Dinner was fantastic. The service was great. There was so much food to choose from. Roast everynight. Pasta. Kids section. All kinds of meat. Fresh grilled sea fish. Salad. Olives.

Kids entertainment. A lot of fun for kids. Little disco and games till about 9pm.

Negative. We were HB so there were extra charges which I was surprised about. The hotel beach towels were 1euro to rent per day. The safe was 2euros per day. And the fridge needed 1euro per day for usage.

Location. Not as close to the beach as I read. Def not a few mins. At least 15 to 20 mins walk. Shops are close by for water etc.

Overall. Great hotel. Lovely staff and lovely guests. I guess thats what u have to think about when booking a 4star hotel or less. The guests are so friendly...it make our stay even more enjoyable. I will def return back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Olivia628
Bitacora O, Director Comercial at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

We feel really proud when receive comments as yours.

We always try to provide guests a memorable stay and make their experience in Tenerife unforgetable.

Thank you so much!,

Best regards,
berkshire
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Recently got back from our 2nd stay at the Hotel Bitacora. We lke this hotel because it's in the quieter part of Playa de las Americas but only a few minutes walk to either the busier parts of PDLA or the quiter Los Christianos.
The hotel has had a makeover since our last visit and rooms are very nice. Much bigger than most hotel rooms with slimline TV with lots of English channels.
A good choice of food in the dining room both morning and evening and good service at the pool bar. No money is exchanged so you do have to remember to settle your bill the night before you depart.
We didnt sit around the pool or stay for evening entertainment as we go to a bar we always use but there was entertainment advertised every night.
Overall very happy with our time here and hope to book up again for next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bea57
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, September 20, 2013

We feel really proud when receive comments as yours.

Thank you so much!,

Best regards,
UK
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is currently under going a 3 month refurb, but I stayed for a week in the Easter holidays and I shall tell you about my experiences.
If you are like me then you will take values with this report, I like a holiday where I get my money's worth, a clean hotel with plenty of facilities, well this hotel had all of this, the rooms were cleaned well everyday, the hotel was very clean throughout and a nice place to stay.
Negative part: the food in the hotel (which we were all inclusive) was below average we all thought. There were plenty of choices for breakfast which we thought was the best meal of the day, lunch everyday was awful, so we ate out and dinner was not the greatest. There were a few nights when seafood was very nice, if you like seafood, but it was very bland and not really enjoyable. I am someone who normally eats anything and doesn't moan, but it was a bit poor to be honest. The snacks by the pool side were very good though, burgers, hotdogs, fries, onion rings etc, ideal just to pick away at if your by the pool.
The entertainment in the hotel for both kids and adults is shocking, it's boring. There is normally a show on from 2045hrs which some of them were ok, but after the show, someone sings, and it's worse than sitting in an old bar in benidorm listening to karaoke. They should put a disco on afterwards, but it felt as it,"you've had your entertainment-now go to bed" it really needs to liven up a bit.
The hotel is either the older generation, or families, which was nice, however the older generation are perfectionists at getting up at 5am to put the towels out by the pool, so good luck with trying to get a subbed, I got up at 6am one morning to find the sunbeds all taken, quite a nightmare. Once by the pool, it's as if your not allowed to have fun, no balls, soft toys or anything in the pool, unfair for the kids really, you can only swim or be prepared for the life guard to blow his whistle at you.
I had a nice holiday. The final point which I didn't like was you were given a band to wear showing you we're all inclusive, but every time you go to the bar for a drink you have to take your room card regardless, at was really annoying, it was pointless wearing a band your wrist.
I wouldn't stay at the hotel again which I am sorry to say, there is no fine balance within the hotel. I hope this review has been of help, and sorry it's negative.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank sjb3310
springhoteles, Community Manager at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay in Spring Hotel Bitacora.I am very disheartened to hear that the food standards were not up to your requirements, as we pride ourselves in the quality and variety of the food in our chain. We receive the monthly customer satisfaction questionnaires from all major UK Tour Operators, and monitor the monthly scores in each area. We consistently score above average in the food /food quality sections with the UK Tour Operators but we take the appropriate action whenever necessary.

With regards to your comments on the pool area, I can guarantee that there are plenty of sunbeds and space for all of our clients, but this may not be in the specific location you desire. Although the “no inflatables- no ball games” by the pool policy might be “unfair”, as you say to the children, this is a is a measure to ensure their safety, providing the lifeguard a clear vision of all the children in the pool and to prevent any accidental drowning, as well for the comfort and enjoyment of other users of the pool.

On a brighter note, I am very happy to hear you did enjoy the facilities al the cleanliness in general of the hotel and the rooms. Despite this, I am sorry to hear that you will not be visiting us again.

Best regards

Bea Roque
N.Ireland
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was our second visit staying here and once again we all had a lovely relaxing time. Our girls are 7 and 5 years old and were entertained by all the staff from the animacion team on a daily basis and a big thank you to Marco and the team. We stayed all inclusive and once again the food was excellent with a good selection for everyone. All the staff were very helpful and Julio was most attentive on check-in. For someone who likes to try out different places , I will keep returning to the bitacora on a yearly basis. Thanks again .

Room Tip: Pool view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vbreezergirl
springhoteles, Community Manager at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review on your recent stay in Spring Hotel Bitacora.

I am so happy to hear that once again you and your family had a lovely relaxing time. I will certainly pass your kind comments about our staff in general and specially for Julio and Marco.

We look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

With my best regards.

Beatriz Roque
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

So its an older hotel - BUT - at present it is being totally refurbished. We have been 6 times in 5 years and my kids 5 and 7 absolutely love it.The management and staff are brilliant and the food is the best you will get in the area - Honest. The new decor in the rooms will render them bright and modern and they are always spotlessly clean.The hotel intoduced its all inclusiove option two years ago and for families it is a very economical price for a holiday.This hotel is not one of your multi complexes that are offered in some resorts with 20 swimming pools and access to to two or three hotels but that in many ways is the attraction of it - white table cloths and waiter service and dress code for dinner (except in the months of July and August) are to me part of the attraction and when you talk to people who have been over 30 times there must be something about the place. The animacion team,cleaners,waiter and conceirge and reception staff are more than freindly love kids and always always welcome us back.Entertainment for the kids and adults is every night and this year they have added extra shows for the kids,the area itself is excellent and flat - the usual mix of souvenier shops but the added extra of 'the golden mile and the safari centre' which bring really high class shops and dining if you want it.Everyone everywhere has different tastes so i am always retisent when saying go on i recommend the Bitacora - but if you want good food,great service and a location which offers great beaches,shops and surroundings go on give it a try - July and August are really really busy so maybe better to try off peak if you can - you won't be dissapointed - we are returning 'Home' again to the Bitacora next Easter - it must hold the record for repeat bookers in the Canaries - PS Try booking direct with the Hotel

Room Tip: PS There is no gym try any room fronting the pool 4th floor upwards
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shane B
Dear Shane,

I am so grateful to hear your kind words on our management and staff are glad to hear you think Bitacora is an excellent hotel.

I am so happy to hear that you will be returning home to Bitácora next Easter!!

With my best regards

Beatriz Roque
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

From the website, we were expecting a lot more from this hotel. The room was ok, beds not that comfy and the balcony was never cleaned. On arriving we were late due to a delayed flight, and arrived about 10 minutes after dinner had finished service, and were not allowed to get food, so had to have a sandwich.. Which was hard dry bread with a slice of ham inside, not the nicest introduction to the hotel. The pool was quite nice, although the chairs were very cramped, and if you weren't there to put towels down at the crack of dawn, ended up having a very far away deck chair in a corner. The food was really nice and a good variety. The staff at the pool bar were often quite rude and one girl in particular clearly didn't enjoy serving you. I won't stay there again, although the area nearby was nice, lots of shops and quite near a beautiful beach. However there were a couple of streets behind the hotel which were very rundown with graffiti and broken doors and windows etc. Wouldn't recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rosie B
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, September 18, 2013