“Repeat returning visitor,it just gets better!(excluding food)”

Spring Hotel Bitacora
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just back again from our 13th time(ish) at this hotel.
We only stayed for four nights, as we have done several times before, and the hotel,service and staff just get better.My only critisim is the food.........its gone down hill since the introduction of AI.
It is still good but the quality and choice is not as it was,which is a shame.
All the staff are brilliant especially the reception team and it was great to see our friends again especially Tracey and Paul and the little man who was drunk at the kiddies disco!!!!(his name slips my mind)
Ill not go into a lengthy report as i have said it all before in my previous reviews,my advice is book it,you wont be disappointed,if you are i will refund you your money myself!

2  Thank neilandt
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We feel really proud when receive comments as yours.

We always try to provide guests a memorable stay and make their experience in Tenerife unforgetable.

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,586)

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just got back from the Bitacora in Tenerife with my wife daughter son in law and grandaughter and i must say we have a few good points but a lot of bad points.
Good points - Reception excellent very friendly and could'nt do enough to help but did'nt actually explain how the AI system worked.
Room - very spacious and very clean and comfy beds.
Pool area - kept clean and tidy and lots of sun beds.
Staff - some quite nice some miserable and a lot very miserable.
Restaurant - food not brilliant and not much chioce for dinner and tea but breakfast very good.
Entertainment - very good for kids and adults
All Inclusive problem - you all have a wristband and card which the card must be kept with you at all times so you get a drink.At the pool bar and the evening bar you will get ignored while the serve the half boarders because they have to pay and you are second class compared to them.at dinner time the pool snack bar closes and only serve hale boarders who get proper tablecloths,beer glasses and knife and forks.They also have a chioce of food that is not served in the restaurant which we asked but was refused because we were A/I.Now for the best bit on the day of your departure you have to vacate your room at 12 o clock which is no problem but from that minute your A/I STOPS. You can pay a extra 15 euros per person for the rest of that day which we did not do because we felt on the day we arrived we got there at 20:30 pm so realy we only had 6 days and A/I should be until you actually leave the hotel because thats what you pay for.If you do stop at this hotel my advice is to get a early morning flight home.I write this review today when trip advisor have been slammed for not giving genuine reviews but i assure this one is.my e-mail address is ivan.breeden@hotmail.co.uk if you wish to ask me anything more or ever perhaps Springe Hoteles my wish to contact me

Room Tip: you have to pay a supplement to have a pool view
9  Thank ivan_breeden
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Bitacora Hotel on Tripadvisor. Naturally, I am disappointed to learn of you rating your stay so poorly... All of us here at Bitacora are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed .

We will take note of your complaint into consideration in order to keep improving our service

We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel and apologize once again for the inconveniences you may have experienced

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Bitacora Hotel is very clean friendly staff food is great plently of choice for everyone rooms very big, great location near to bars and restaruants,just returned from a long weekend with friends, hotel great for faimlys and couples this was our fifth vist to hotel.

Room Tip: rooms facing pool are best.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Been to this hotel several times. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. The TV had British TV channels plus Sky sports one. Rooms very clean. The food was excellent with plenty of choice. Staff friendly.

4  Thank John C
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Having read the reviews before I went to this hotel, I have to admit that most of them were accurate. The hotel rooms and room service cannot be faulted, but for me most of the disappointment lay within the dining experience. Although there was always something to eat I found myself choosing the same most nights as the menu changed very little throughout our ten day stay. Pasta was always on the menu but more often than not in the same nondescript form, by far inferior than previous ****hotels that we have been in. However the worst part of the dining experience was the waiters. We are a couple in our 50's who know how to request things in a dignified manner, but I found time and time again that when our drinks order was brought the glasses were slapped down on the table in such a way that I was surprised they didn't break under the audible thud. This was not because the waiters were angry or harassed, it was just how they did it. On another occasion when my husband was served his water, no glass was brought. After waiting a reasonable length of time,he rose to request one and was brusquely told to sit back down. Eventually a different waiter spotted the error and brought a glass. I witnessed several episodes of similar situations in the restaurant. Sadly it detracted from what for us is an important part of our holiday. There was one young waiter with reddish hair who was the exception. His manner and efficiency were impeccable and I hope this is recognised by his superiors.
I agree that the drinks in A.I. were ridiculously limited and it is the first time I have ever known a Pina Colada not to be on the A.I. cocktail list. However not being big drinkers this was not a big concern for us and were happy to stay within the stated menus. Again the male bar staff were very abrupt in their manner, but the girls were far more approachable and pleasant to deal with.
The rule about only giving out one drink per person at a time is ridiculous. Coming in from the hot sun I requested a glass of lemonade to drink quickly and a Tequila sunrise to relax with. I was given the Tequila and told I couldn't have the lemonade too. When I said I would have to get some water this was totally ignored. Where's the sense in encouraging someone to knock back a cocktail to quench a thirst?
Overall I found the female staff much more approachable in all areas of service and wonder if the abruptness is just a male thing in that hotel. If so the hotel should employ more girls.
I agree that there is a high volume of elderly and infirm people in the hotel but I think this is due to the excellent disabled facilities available for those who have health issues and in no way detracted from our enjoyment.
The hotel is in an excellent location with Los Cristianos only a short walk away and a beautiful beach just round the corner.
Would I go back? For a short break, Yes. It is good value for money. For a main holiday, No, I like to be able to request drinks without fearing the wrath of the person on the other side of the bottle.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms and balconies are very hot in the afternoon/early evening
3  Thank falkirkscottie
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Bitacora Hotel on Tripadvisor. Naturally All of us here at Bitacora are very proud of the number of positive contributions that our guests left for us and I am sorry that you did not feel the same way. Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed .

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great location, nice staff , good entertainment and excellent food . A great time had by all

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank TrishaCrossgar
Bitacora O, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just returned from our 4th holiday in the Bitacora Hotel, our first with all inclusive and as usual we were delighted with our stay. The rooms were spotless as is all of the Hotel, the food was of a very high standard as is normal, all the staff are very friendly and very helpful and in the restaurant with "Emiliano" guiding it everything ran smoothly and effortlessly, and in response to a previous review, the only queueing we noticed was with people who found it hard to decide what to eat such were the choices but it certainly was no problem plus it was a holiday not a time and motion study. Our only slight criticism was that the food at the pool bar was not of the high standard we associate with the Bitacora , however this will not stop us returning or recommending it to family and friends.

Eddie

6  Thank Eddie B
Bitacora O, Director de Recepción at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time in sending us your review of your stay
at the Spring Hotel Bitacora

It is a real pleasure for all Bitacora staff to receive comments as yours. We are very proud to have succedded your expectations.

We hope forward to welcoming you back!