“Where to stay in Tenerife”

Spring Hotel Bitacora
GreenLeadersSilver level
Luton
“Where to stay in Tenerife”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed at the BitaCora numerous times and have never had cause for complaint - the staff are lovely, especially Arsenio, the Maitre'D, in the restaurant - very good ambassador for the hotel. The facilities are spotless, pool area lovely and the rooms are gradually being upgraded so a nice surprise each time we revisit. Just a shame the prices have gone up so much this year - less visits planned.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or side view as the front can be noisy at night when the bin men visit
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LutonClaire
springhoteles, Community Manager at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted to hear that once again you have come to visit us, and that your were not disappointed.

In answer to your comment regarding the prices, we have not increased our prices this year or last year. This must be something to do with the exchange rates or TO packages. Please visit our web site were you can find a 25% Early booking discount for next winter, and the prices are exactly the same as last winter.

We look forward to seeing you sometime soon

Spring Hoteles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,014)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have just spent a week at the Bitacora,after a gap of five years.I admit - we were hesitant as the hotel has an all inclusive option & have had some holidays from hell regarding the all you can drink !!
I can honestly say that our holiday was perfect.The hotel was immaculate,gardens stunning & lovely to see young families staying at the hotel.The hotel still has class & high standards,excellent food and attentive staff.
The only downside was seeing nearby bars,shops & restaraunts shut down due to hotels offering all inclusive.Perhaps a sign of the economic time?
We will be back later this year hopefully !!

Room Tip: Try to get a room from level five & above with pool view.We had a first class room with pool vie...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wendy R
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted to hear that you had perfect stay We thank you for your lovely words on the cleanliness, the stunning gardens areas and the efficiency of our staff

We look forward to seeing you later this year.

Manchester
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Just finished our second visit to the Bitacora. Yes its very clean, yes the food is good, yes the reception is very helpful but a couple of things started to annoy me. The bar staff were very poor hampered I think by the ordering system from there hand held electronic notebooks. We didn't get a single order right for the whole week! It became a standing joke in the end.
Trying to get a sun-bed after 8.30am - forget it I have never seen a hotel that has such an acute problem with people starting to put putting towels down from 5am.
One great service was the courtesy room provided for people with late departures, it was very well organised and gave us a full day in the sun without trailing cases around and worrying about getting showered.

Room Tip: When you book ask for a pool view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mike I
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your review regarding your recent stay at Sprinf Hotel Bitacora.
First of all I would like to thank you very much for sharing with us your disappointment regarding our staff . I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced with tour drinks at the bar. We will investigate the matter further with the Head Barman and will take every possible measure to prevent such instances from recurring and to keep the high standard and service that have given us the good reputation we have.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused and look forward to maybe seeing you sometime in the not too distant future

Edinburgh
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have just returned from a week at the Bitacora with my two children. It was our first visit, and we had a great time. As others have said, the staff are friendly, the hotel is spotless and the food (variety and quality) is very good. The hotel is about a 5-minute walk from the beach and the main shopping street.

HALF BOARD VS ALL-INCLUSIVE: We booked with First Choice and went half board. If we return - or rather when, because I'd love to go back - we'll book directly with the hotel and go all-inclusive. I spent a great deal of extra money on drinks and snacks. We went to the supermarket quite a lot, but it was expensive, though not as much as the hotel. My bill on checking out was horrendous. I sometimes felt as though I was helping to subsidise the all-inclusives, and it was hard seeing other people getting it all for free, especially when our holiday cost a fortune.

MEALS: As I said, great quality and variety. Omelettes cooked on demand at breakfast, and some kind of fish and meat cooked on demand at night, plus a different kind of roast meat every night. There was free tea, coffee, juice etc at breakfast but no free drinks at night, which is what contributed most to my bill. Apparently, all the food is binned after each meal, and I would have loved to have taken a doggy bag out with rolls, fruit and cheese but feared it would have been frowned upon. It seems rather a waste not to give people that option, or at least make it clear that you can do that if you wish.

ROOM: No real issues here, apart from the risk of being locked out on the balcony - it happened to me once, although luckily my children rescued me after about 20 minutes or I would have faced the humiliation of shouting for help from five floors up. The shower is a bit tricky, and the water pressure wasn't great, but that's a minor quibble. The hairdryer was very slow to dry my long hair. I'd take my own next time. Beds comfy, and although they are like hospital beds I didn't have the problems other people have had of them sliding around the floor. The telly had some British channels, including CBBC (hallelujah!), with narration, presumably for blind people.

We were on the side of the hotel (room 541) that I've seen described here as a building site. In fact, it's an abandoned tennis club, and fascinated me. I could envisage it being done up and being amazing. Of course, the rather crude graffiti would have to be removed (you'll see if you go, if it's still there). It was quiet on that side of the hotel, even if it didn't get much sun. Great views towards Costa Adeje and the hills. You can just make out Siam Park from the fifth floor.

ACTIVITIES: Speaking of which, our best days were those when we ventured out on day/half-day trips. We went to Siam Park (excellent - the kids loved it) and the Monkey Zoo - take a taxi and some grapes, perhaps from the buffet ;-). We also hired bikes, but I would be wary of the cheap bike hire (9 euros a day). The bikes are delivered to the hotel, but the first time they sent two adult bikes and one child's, and the next day the correct bikes arrived but one of them had a slow puncture, so we didn't get very far. Luckily, they gave us a new bike very quickly. The boys who work for the company are very nice but they seem a bit disorganised. Cycling along the seafront was lovely. The kids also hired segways for 15 minutes, but were a bit disappointed that they weren't allowed to go fast (for the safety of pedestrians).

WEATHER: Great time of year to visit. Partial cloud most of the time, but that didn't stop us getting tanned. I'd describe it as being like British summertime, temperature wise, albeit with more predictable sunshine (and no rain). Not too cold at night. Watch out if you do go to Siam Park. I got burned waiting for my kids to appear from water tunnels. It only took about 15 minutes. It's easy to forget to put lotion on when you're not actually intending to sunbathe.

Finally, the vexed issue of sunbeds. Yes, there are people who go out early and reserve them but you can always do the same if you're fussed about where you sit. And there was no shortage of sunbeds when we were there. I enjoyed the sunbeds on the grass, where there were lots of trees for shade if you wanted it.

Room Tip: We were in room 541, on the fifth floor, overlooking the back of the hotel. Very quiet but sun only...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank C J M
springhoteles, Community Manager at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your stay in Spring Hotel Bitacora.

We are extremely sorry that you feel the guests in All inclusive were getting their drinks and snacks for free. Unfortunately this is not the case, as they have paid a daily supplement per person to have this service. Should you wish to return do not hesitate to try this option on your next visits, as all the food and drinks, as well as snacks will be included.

We look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Just got back from a weeks holiday at this fantastic hotel. Travelled with my husband and 2 children aged 9 and 5. First of all let me tell you that I am VERY particular about where I stay and take time to try to choose the correct hotel. Having booked directly with the hotel we had previously arranged our transfer. We were collected from the airport by taxi and taken straight to the hotel. Check in was quick and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a superior room on the 1st floor which included a sofa bed and a camp bed which meant our children didnt have to sleep in the same bed together. I was a bit worried after reading previous reviews about staying on the 1st floor, what i will say is, if you have a young child who you want to get to sleep early then this room is not for you. We loved it as when our two were in bed we could sit on the balcony and listen to the entertainment! The room, as was all of the hotel, spotlessly clean
The children's mini disco etc is in the bar downstairs, in front of the restaurant, and they even have a children's film every night after the disco for the little ones. The main show is in the cafe bar upstairs.
We were all-inclusive and have to say the food was excellent! Lovely breakfasts, lots of different choice every night, lots of fish and lovely meats and steaks cooked before you and a section for the children with the usual chips, chicken nuggets etc. The restaurant was very busy and the bar service is a bit slow at times, but the staff were always pleasant and helpful, taking time to talk to the children. We only had lunch in the restaurant once, we usually got a toastie or something from the pool bar.
We arrived on Easter Monday and the hotel was packed and there was not a spare sunbed in sight but it did ease off as the week went on.
The animacion team work exceptionally hard organising daytime activities for both the adults and the children. Our two joined in everything from football to water polo, even colouring and crafts for the little ones. They even have a little wendy house with a WII in!
We had previously holidayed a few times in Tenerife, although not for a few years, and went away with the intention of eating out a few nights to previously favourite restaurants, but we didnt, we enjoyed the food and the hotel so much we didnt feel the need to.
All in all, this is an excellent hotel, in an excellent location, with excellent facilities. Our room was great and we were thought the food was fantastic. The only minus I would say is that the bar service was slow at times. We really enjoyed our stay and definitely will be back again soon!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms get the noise from the entertainment, especially the lower floors
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
15 Thank amwstalybridge
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind and thorough review on your recent stay in Spring Hotel Bitacora.

We are so glad to hear that you had an holiday with your family and we look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

Aberdeenshire
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Was upgraded to a superior room overlooking the pool with a lovely view down onto the sea. Nice clean hotel with very comfy beds in a quiet area, yet we were just a short walk onto the busier areas. Food was brilliant with loads of choice, only downside being the temperature of the food, but, given the choice & variety, it more than made up for it. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone & can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda F
springhoteles, Community Manager at Spring Hotel Bitacora, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review on your recent stay in Spring Hotel Bitacora.

We are glad to hear that, once again, you had a lovely holiday and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We used this hotel for a trial as we use sister Hotel Vulcano i must say we must say
we had a great holiday rooms are big bright ,well fitted out and beds the best we have had
in many years ,very very clean ,good entertainment to fit in most people and kids ,we had one little problem the kitchen was being made over and refirb ,made staff work harder a bit of noise
and dust sheets all over . We have eaten in this hotel befor . Outside pool areas clean and
loads space no rush to book beds .One area not to miss pool bar and food The bar manager
who used to be in Vulcano many years (day time one ) most helpfull and works well with his staff
.This hotel very wheel chair friedly dont miss a chance to holiday here ,Also they now have big
flat screen tv wall mounted , also very good for night life and beach .

Room Tip: floor 2 looking on to pool ,stay away from room next to lifts
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank billywiz49
Dear Sir,

We are glad to hear that you had a great holiday and we look forward to seeing you sometime soon.