Being avid travellers and taking our holidays in All Inclusive four star hotels, it was a disappointing experience for my friend and I at this hotel.
Our request on booking of an elevated, pool view room was totally ignored in fact, we were informed they were fully booked and none were available. Alternatively, we had been allotted a second floor room directly above the refuse bins, which incidentally were loudly emptied early every morning. To make matters worse, there was random deliveries, which added to the continual disruption.
On arrival mid afternoon, all we wanted was a small snack and drink to relax after our journey however, the food was dried up and cold and the staff seemed as though they were doing us a favour when asked to serve us a drink.
The food was not only cold what ever time of day we went for a meal, it was totally repetitive to a point that whatever we chose to eat, tasted the same be it fish or meat. Plus, the desserts had no variations for the length of our stay. And to compact the lack of hot food, surely the hotel would realise that hot plates for hot food would be an advantage albeit as previously mentioned, the food was invariably cold so no advantage would be gained!
The whole scenario above was not helped by eating in a “Kitchen”. Yes, the restaurant is called the “Primekitchen”, which is just fine for breakfast and lunch, but not the evening meal.
To move on to the “evening entertainment”, which is clearly stated in the brochure, what entertainment! We had two nights of a DJ busy on his mobile whilst playing the music and one night of a singer. Hardly regular evening entertainment three out of seven days!
In the room there is a notification that sunbeds are not to be reserved however, towels were reserving the sunbeds whilst the occupiers had their breakfast. Why have rules if the hotel is not going to enforce them! And there was a notice not to take the cushions and pillows down to the pool area however, one of the guests brought her pillow down every day for her “reserved” sunbed. But I have to say that the sunbeds had no mattress's therefore, not very comfortable to linger on.
Whilst my friend and I holidayed at this hotel, there was no atmosphere around the pool area and the lounge area was equally as dire, with the only form of entertainment being the TV, which was a work of art tuning in to the UK programmes.
The above circumstances meant that more time was spent outside the hotel than in, which just isn't good enough for an all inclusive holiday.
On the positive side, our room was comfortable and the cleaners did an excellent job of keeping the standards as we arrived plus, when requested, a regular change of towels. In fact the cleaners were possibly the most friendly of the staff we met.
So to summarise, in our opinion this four star hotel barely reaches a three star standard compared to what we know to be other four star hotels in the area and quiet frankly, the one star we have allotted in our critic is for the cleanliness of the room and the cleaners that work hard to keep up this standard.
Possibly the most appalling hotel we have ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunprime Coral Suites & Spa is located in Playa de las Américas, in close proximity to shops, bars and restaurants and within walking distance of the beach. The hotel has an inviting pool area with a heated pool as well as two roof terraces where you can lay back and enjoy the sun. There are several activities to partake in if you want an active holiday - and afterwards you can pamper yourself with a relaxing spa treatment. Sunprime Coral Suites & Spa also has a restaurant serving well-prepared meals in an elegant setting after which you can enjoy your favourite after dinner drink in the cozy lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunprime Coral Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunprime Coral Suites And Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Aparthotel Coral Beach Hotel
- Coral Beach Tenerife
- Coral Beach Hotel Tenerife
- Sunprime Coral Suites Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas